Obama and "typical white person"

DKW 86

I think that one phrase "typical white person" will be the tag line from this campaign.

In 1980 it was "There you go again."

In 1984 it was "Where's the beef."

etc.

I wonder just what "typical white person" means to Obama? Maybe one of our Obama fans will give us a hard definition. of TWP. I guess I am one, but I dont know.

So here you go guys.

What is a "typical white person?"

Are you a "typical white person?"

1_61_obama_wright.jpg

"damn America: Not God Bless America. damn America." Jeremiah Wright

Barack Obama: "I don't think my church is particularly controversial."

Obama's Very Middle of the Road Pastor Jeremiah Wright: "Hillary Ain't Never Been Called a n****r!"

obama_s_patriotism.jpg

OK now I get it. As soon as Obama's president, all the anger and distress over race will be extirpated and we will be born again without racial sin. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Obama's very nice Christian pastor who is just wonderful and you shouldn't pay attention to him at all seems rather down on our nation and white people and Jews. But Obama will bring us all together.

Does Obama have a plan B, if in fact it turns out that he does not have as much potential to bring people together as he has advertised?

Pee Wee Herman would be a typical white person.You also forgot to put up the picture of George Bush not putting his hand over his heart during the Pledge.

That national anthem picture is one of the dumbest things being bandied about in this campaign. I've been to Auburn games where at least half the crowd doesn't do the hand over heart thing. They all are still respectful and either had their hands clasped in front or behind them or simply at their side, but not everyone does the hand over heart thing.

This TWB will be pulling the lever for anyone but Obama. After that, I'm gonna put on my hood and go to the rally...anyone want to join me?

The funny thing is, Obama said he thinks the "Typical white person" is/was scared of black people. Why doesn he speak for all white people?

How would blacks like it if one white dude spoke for all black people in some sweeping generalization?

I don't know. I've heard enough "they're gonna win!" or "they're takin' over!" lines in references to blacks to sometimes make me believe it is true.

People with college degrees, such as yourself, have no reason to be "scared" of anyone. However, there are a ton of people who don't like blacks winning ANYTHING in the belief that one victory will lead to another. Yeah, I think a lot of whites are scared of the thought of a black President, regardless of his policies.

1_61_obama_wright.jpg

Obama's Very Middle of the Road Pastor Jeremiah Wright: "Hillary Ain't Never Been Called a n****r!"

obama_s_patriotism.jpg

OK now I get it. As soon as Obama's president, all the anger and distress over race will be extirpated and we will be born again without racial sin. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Obama's very nice Christian pastor who is just wonderful and you shouldn't pay attention to him at all seems rather down on our nation and white people and Jews. But Obama will bring us all together.

Does Obama have a plan B, if in fact it turns out that he does not have as much potential to bring people together as he has advertised?

Now, wait a minute tigermike, he may not feel compelled to wear a pin to show his patriotism. He may not feel compelled to place his hand over his heart, but when he feels he's going to give a popular speech, he's going to have 10 American flags stading right behind him. So that should more than offset his questionable patriotism. :poke::roflol:

1_61_obama_wright.jpg

obama_s_patriotism.jpg

Now, wait a minute tigermike, he may not feel compelled to wear a pin to show his patriotism. He may not feel compelled to place his hand over his heart, but when he feels he's going to give a popular speech, he's going to have 10 American flags stading right behind him. So that should more than offset his questionable patriotism. :poke::roflol:

See 85', I knew someone would get where I was going with that post.

19_obamaracespeech_lg.jpg

I don't know. I've heard enough "they're gonna win!" or "they're takin' over!" lines in references to blacks to sometimes make me believe it is true.

People with college degrees, such as yourself, have no reason to be "scared" of anyone. However, there are a ton of people who don't like blacks winning ANYTHING in the belief that one victory will lead to another. Yeah, I think a lot of whites are scared of the thought of a black President, regardless of his policies.

I guess I have a problem with it because you and I both know...if John McCain would have called one of his friends a "typical black person"...he would be buried and instantly labeled as a racist.

and i stand corrected... from the looks of the picture, there were 8 flags. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Yeah there were only eight.

Do you think a good caption for that picture could be.

When the pastor of your church of 20 years, your spiritual adviser, your friend, your mentor, a member of your campaign team is exposed spewing vile, contemptuous anti American and anti Semitic rhetoric, cover yourself with the American flag. Then you will be held up as a virtuous crusader willing to speak up against the many injustices in this country. The far left that is supporting you will hail your speech as the greatest speech on issue of race over the past fifty years. The far left loons will even go further out and say your speech transcends anything that Martin Luther King ever said. All hail Obama, the bearer of all their hopes and dreams. He alone can take them to the promise land located at,

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500"

I guess I have a problem with it because you and I both know...if John McCain would have called one of his friends a "typical black person"...he would be buried and instantly labeled as a racist.

I agree. And I think it would be equally as unfair.

If McCain or any other white politician said that the backlash would have been twice as and twice as swift.

If McCain or any other white politician said that the backlash would have been twice as and twice as swift.

So, what?

I've never understood why people are so eager to get their feelings hurt. That goes for blacks and whites as well as Democrats and Republicans.

Archived