Jury selected

Tigermike

I personally cannot stand the woman. She sets ideals for women that are completely unreachable. I bought a (secondhand) copy of her wedding book, and there were ACTUALLY instructions in it on how to make your own paper for your own handmade wedding invitations, complete with pressed, dried flowers embeded in the paper... :roll:

That being said, I find it funny that her trial is NOT about insider trading, as the media and the prosecution are leading everyone to believe. It is about impeding a federal investigation - in short - LYING. This tells me that she is being prosecuted because of who she is, which I am sure her defense attorney will point out over and over again. And honestly I think that is wrong, even tho I do believe she lied knowingly to save her own ass.

But portraying Martha as a victim of an over zealous prosecutor help her out? I doubt it - there are eight women on that jury, and from everything the world knows about Martha - how rude she is to the hired help, her estrangement from her family, her unrealistic Hamptons lifestyle - she will be punished for her character or lack thereof as much as for whatever lying she did or didn't do. Breaking her facade of perfection will be too much fun for people - they love to see the high and might fall.

As for me, Iwill admit that the thought of Martha doing a perp walk in handcuffs might make me giggle just a little.

I'd like to see Martha Stewart and Leona "Queen of Mean" Helmsley square off in one of those celebrity boxing shows...with any luck, they'd beat the hell out of each other...oh, and the appearance fees would be donated to charity.

What I really hate is that the trial will end up costing the taxpayers millions, when the amount of money the she supposedly made is just pocket change for her. I don't care about her one way or the other, but I do think that they are going after her just because of who she is. She is paying some for Enron, etc.

The whole thing is that it is a waste of time. For what they are going after her for, she is untouchable. Big whoop, she pays a fine or something. Do you think she really cares about that?

As for me, Iwill admit that the thought of Martha doing a perp walk in handcuffs might make me giggle just a little.

Do you think she will look good in an orange jump suit? :lol::lol:

Archived