COMMENTARY: Tide in '08 should win just enough to avoid Shreveport

DKW 86

10 years at one school is pretty stout for any coach these days.

very much so, that doesn't happen that much anymore.

That's why I don't put much stock in the regular "CTT is going elsewhere" rumors. I think he genuinely loves Auburn as much as we love him and plans to retire here. If he wanted to go, he's had myriad good opportunities. Heck, he could have written his own ticket anywhere after the 2004 season, and after the way he was treated at the end of 2003 nobody would have blamed him.

...and we're damn lucky to have him! :cheer:

I agree, you guys are really lucky to have him. Im not going to lie and blow bama smoke, Tubby is a hell of a coach. I think he is smart enough to surround himself with coaches and players that he can relate to. To me, thats 85% of coaching.....finding assistants and players that you trust and know that they will do whatever they can to make the "team" work. Also, tubby has had plenty of opportunities........he chooses to stay at Auburn year in and year out, and for that I have respect for him. The problem with Bama in the past is that we have not had coaches that would delegate responsibilities to his peers. Case and point Shula with the offensive decisions.

Thats another reason why Saban worries me. We all know he can win and will do what he can to make that happen....but he doesn't seem to delegate and trust his assistants. To me, that might be his biggest fault.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you say that Coach Tuberville leaving sounds ridiculous? Is this because of the huge buy out?

No school is willing to pay that much to get a coach that has not won a national championship, and he is not willing to pay it to leave. So it's best if you are happy with him and he is happy with you, because he can't go anywhere until that amount is reduced. I think that he would want to stay at Auburn to win the national championship, because he promised that when he came.

That's just finebaum bs and the bama message boards party line. Don't even get started with that mnc trash. How many current SEC coaches have undefeated seasons? If we counted championships like you guys do we would've claimed 2004. We didn't. Regardless of what your bama friends tell you.

CTT is obviously happy where he is as he hasn't entertained other offers that have come his way (he was duck hunting, not interviewing B) And will most likely do the same again this year whether you guys approve or not). He's not nearly as untouchable as you believe.

As much as you guys would like to believe the buyout is the only thing keeping him here, that just doesn't appear to be the case.

Anything can happen, and CTT could be elsewhere this time next year. But I will be in total shock if so after all the opportunities he's passed up in previous years.

As for CNS, I think one of the following scenarios is more likely to happen before Tuberville bids adieu to the Plains (..not saying they WILL happen, just more of a possiblitiy than CTT leaving, IMO):

1) Saban the vagabond once more hits the road for (in his mind) greener pastures--e.g., Penn State when Joe Pa hangs it up.

2) Saban is asked to leave because CTT adds an eighth or ninth finger.

3) Saban & West Vance get a divorce because either Saban gets tired of the unreasonable demands from the circus called "Bama faithful" or he p#$$es off one too many of the PTB through his arrogance, rudeness, or team discipline problems

3) Saban hightails it out of Dodge to avoid the long arm of the NCAA.

Archived