McCain's new ad on global warming

WinCrimson

Here he was one of only 40 Senators to vote to repeal the 10% renewables requirement. 10 "maverick" Republicans voted no. This post isn't being created to tackle his position, but the reasons why he would deceive over something that obviously isn't true. Yet, in an attempt to garner the support of Independents, he spits out a slick tv spot.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00055

Was this before or after he flip flopped on his offshore drilling position? I can't keep up with him anymore...one minute he's an environmentalist chasing independents with ads like these and the next he's appealing to the conservatives and in lock-step with Bush about drilling. Will the real John McCain please stand up?

Was this before or after he flip flopped on his offshore drilling position? I can't keep up with him anymore...one minute he's an environmentalist chasing independents with ads like these and the next he's appealing to the conservative and in lock-step with Bush about drilling. Will the real John McCain please stand up?

So you aren't allowed to change your position when dire circumstances present themselves?

I'll bet there's a LOOOOOOT of democrats who would switch their position on drilling if gas was $25 a gallon. He just has a lower ceiling for that position.

Over the last few years, the situation has DRASTICALLY changed. When oil was $20 a BARRELLLLLLLLL. I didn't have a problem with us NOT doing any drilling offshore.

Was this before or after he flip flopped on his offshore drilling position? I can't keep up with him anymore...one minute he's an environmentalist chasing independents with ads like these and the next he's appealing to the conservative and in lock-step with Bush about drilling. Will the real John McCain please stand up?

So you aren't allowed to change your position when dire circumstances present themselves?

I'll bet there's a LOOOOOOT of democrats who would switch their position on drilling if gas was $25 a gallon. He just has a lower ceiling for that position.

Over the last few years, the situation has DRASTICALLY changed. When oil was $20 a BARRELLLLLLLLL. I didn't have a problem with us NOT doing any drilling offshore.

Of course, we don't have to look too far back in history to see the irony and hypocrisy in this argument from the Right....oh how I enjoy these games...

He can't remember last weeks' positions.

Of course, we don't have to look too far back in history to see the irony and hypocrisy in this argument from the Right....oh how I enjoy these games...

I've already said the repubs are to blame as well.

The only difference I see...is that faced with 5,10,20 dollar a gallon gas...they are willing to adjust their position.

The only difference I see...is that faced with 5,10,20 dollar a gallon gas...they are willing to adjust their position.

What's the adjustment? Most Republicans have always been for more drilling.

Get rid of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_loophole

And 10 - 20 years down the road, the dims will still be blaming Bush.

And 10 - 20 years down the road, the dims will still be blaming Bush.

Just because 28 years down the road, your still blaming Carter? :poke:

Truth is, if Reagan hadn't scrapped Carter's energy independence plan, we'd be there by now. Reagan catered to the folks like BG who think they deserve cheap gas so they can waste it. As a result, Wahhabism has been fueled for years. We are where we are because too many folks think like BG.

Just because 28 years down the road, your still blaming Carter?

Truth is, if Reagan hadn't scrapped Carter's energy independence plan, we'd be there by now. Reagan catered to the folks like BG who think they deserve cheap gas so they can waste it. As a result, Wahhabism has been fueled for years. We are where we are because too many folks think like BG.

Waste it? Americans can be as oil conservative as possible...but as you guys keep telling us, it's a global market. Demand is already going down in the US...but it doesn't matter. It's a global market.

I don't want to waste it. I drive a car that gets 30mpg, and for the last 3 years, I've put no more than 7k miles on it per year. And frankly, I wouldn't even care about oil prices if it were just the squeeze at the pump. I can pay $4 a gallon for gas. It's the food and CPI that worries me.

Before you talk to me about "waste", why don't you address your boy Al Gore?

Archived