Bama fans should demand preventative discipline from Saban

Hoopie

Most all Bama fans are condemning Mr. Johns for the drug dealing...OK, good.

Some Bama fans are still excusing Saban b/c these trouble guys are a consequence of Shula's poor recruiting and discipline. Some fans even use the psyco-babble reasoning that you have to treat the players like men in order for them to become men. Some claim that in America you can't intrude into their personal lives without proper reason.

In the book "From the Blind Side", the father of the recruit that is the center of the story was very impressed that CN$ committed to take care of the recruit like a father. Bear Bryant promised the same thing during his days. Well guess what, fathers don't; blame Shula, treat them like men or give them personal privacy rights. It is time for Bama fans to step up and demand a much more stringent and proactive program. This should include pressure for the players to police each other and even rat each other out...........especially until all of the bad eggs are gone.

Nick Saban has been the head coach for 17 MONTHS. That is enough time for him to gain control of the team and to know who/where there any remaining problems and to stop them. Maybe he underestimated the problem last year..OK.....that excuse works for the first 6-8 months, but the LAMO mutiny and continuing arrests should have clued him in long ago. He did make "The Strip" off limits......well I guess that's a start. Bear Bryant would have known or found out about most of this stuff and stopped it.

At some point recruits of good character that are from families that care are going to steer away from Saban because if he doesn't care enough to be a father to ALL of the players at UA, then how can they trust their kid to him. Phillip Fulmer recruited "star" players from all over the country in 2000-2005 and didn't set boundaries like a father should and you can count the arrests and see the program deteriation.

The honeymoon is over....it is time for the Bama fans cease being intimidated/infatuated with CNS and to demand that he be that father figure and get seriously involved in the situation. Bear would have.

If you don't hurry up then..............SIX........... will become TWELVE.......before you know it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Bama fans are still excusing Saban b/c these trouble guys are a consequence of Shula's poor recruiting and discipline. Some fans even use the psyco-babble reasoning that you have to treat the players like men in order for them to become men. Some claim that in America you can't intrude into their personal lives without proper reason.

when CNS came to UA, everybody got a clean slate. that isn't very uncommon when a new coach arrives. i don't blame it on CMS, and i don't really blame it on CNS either. for all i know, when CMS recruited Jimmy Johns he was a choir boy who could do no wrong. the fact is people and situations can change. are the parents to blame? maybe. is Jimmy Johns to blame? certainly. i think society as a whole has gotten to where we have to blame the parents, the schools, music, TV, or whatever we feel like blaming. we no longer hold people accountable for their actions. its like some people blamed the parents of the kids who shot up Columbine. it doesn't take a parent to tell a kid that shooting up a school is wrong. they know it is wrong. in this case Jimmy Johns knew dealing cocaine was wrong.

In the book "From the Blind Side", the father of the recruit that is the center of the story was very impressed that CN$ committed to take care of the recruit like a father. Bear Bryant promised the same thing during his days. Well guess what, fathers don't; blame Shula, treat them like men or give them personal privacy rights. It is time for Bama fans to step up and demand a much more stringent and proactive program. This should include pressure for the players to police each other and even rat each other out...........especially until all of the bad eggs are gone.

i hope you never have children who might have a bump in with the law or any other issues, legally, mentally, etc. i guess you will go around to everybody that will listen telling them of your child's problems, etc etc. it is a father's job to protect his children. maybe if there weren't so many f'ing judgemental people such as yourself in this world, then maybe there wouldn't be such a need to protect a player or person's privacy. the players have alot of say on how things go. Prince Hall was voted back on the team by the players. The Strip is checked by certain players on the team to make sure other players are not hanging out there. you can only be so proactive about things. ultimately you cannot make somebody do something or change if they do not want to.

Nick Saban has been the head coach for 17 MONTHS. That is enough time for him to gain control of the team and to know who/where there any remaining problems and to stop them. Maybe he underestimated the problem last year..OK.....that excuse works for the first 6-8 months, but the LAMO mutiny and continuing arrests should have clued him in long ago. He did make "The Strip" off limits......well I guess that's a start. Bear Bryant would have known or found out about most of this stuff and stopped it.

news flash: Bear Bryant is dead. he is no longer our coach. what he would have known, found out, done, etc is irrelevant at this point. you don't know what he would have done or what he would have known.

The honeymoon is over....it is time for the Bama fans cease being intimidated/infatuated with CNS and to demand that he be that father figure and get seriously involved in the situation. Bear would have.

again......

BEAR BRYANT IS DEAD. HE IS NOT OUR COACH ANYMORE.

here is the bottom line:

this whole situation is just incredibly sad. you know this has broken the hearts of everybody related to him and close to him. its sad that a young life has been ruined. and here you are assigning blame to a freaking FOOTBALL COACH for every bad decision Jimmy Johns has made. wow, thats impressive. you are just another one of those people who have to assign blame to somebody for something that has happened. and you decide to assign blame based solely on the fact that you are a fan of a rival and do not like our coach, and will take any opportunity you can to smear said coach.

Many Bama fans have stated how sad this situation is. Which it is. But I do not truly believe the Bama Nation cares about the lives of these young men. If they did then this one be the final straw for Saban. There would be calls to the big wigs demanding he be let go but instead they only make excuses.

Whenever a Bama fans says something like "it is so sad," or "I hope he can turn his life around" I am sickened by the hypocrisy of their words. Saban should be fired for this. A fan who truly cares about the kids would demand that. A fan who only cares about winning drops clinches like "the coach can't be there 24/7."

If you really, really care about the young lives playing for the Crimson Tide you will support Saban's firing. If you back Saban, then we know what is really important to you.

Many Bama fans have stated how sad this situation is. Which it is. But I do not truly believe the Bama Nation cares about the lives of these young men. If they did then this one be the final straw for Saban. There would be calls to the big wigs demanding he be let go but instead they only make excuses.

Whenever a Bama fans says something like "it is so sad," or "I hope he can turn his life around" I am sickened by the hypocrisy of their words. Saban should be fired for this. A fan who truly cares about the kids would demand that. A fan who only cares about winning drops clinches like "the coach can't be there 24/7."

If you really, really care about the young lives playing for the Crimson Tide you will support Saban's firing. If you back Saban, then we know what is really important to you.

CNS should be fired because Jimmy Johns decided that he wanted to sell cocaine. that makes absolutely NO sense, but i expected as much from someone blinded only by their hatred of a football team. even if CNS had NO IDEA it was going on, he should be fired? your post makes no sense.

when CNS came to UA, everybody got a clean slate. that isn't very uncommon when a new coach arrives. i don't blame it on CMS, and i don't really blame it on CNS either. for all i know, when CMS recruited Jimmy Johns he was a choir boy who could do no wrong. the fact is people and situations can change. are the parents to blame? maybe. is Jimmy Johns to blame? certainly. i think society as a whole has gotten to where we have to blame the parents, the schools, music, TV, or whatever we feel like blaming. we no longer hold people accountable for their actions. its like some people blamed the parents of the kids who shot up Columbine. it doesn't take a parent to tell a kid that shooting up a school is wrong. they know it is wrong. in this case Jimmy Johns knew dealing cocaine was wrong.

i hope you never have children who might have a bump in with the law or any other issues, legally, mentally, etc. i guess you will go around to everybody that will listen telling them of your child's problems, etc etc. it is a father's job to protect his children. maybe if there weren't so many f'ing judgemental people such as yourself in this world, then maybe there wouldn't be such a need to protect a player or person's privacy. the players have alot of say on how things go. Prince Hall was voted back on the team by the players. The Strip is checked by certain players on the team to make sure other players are not hanging out there. you can only be so proactive about things. ultimately you cannot make somebody do something or change if they do not want to.

news flash: Bear Bryant is dead. he is no longer our coach. what he would have known, found out, done, etc is irrelevant at this point. you don't know what he would have done or what he would have known.

again......

BEAR BRYANT IS DEAD. HE IS NOT OUR COACH ANYMORE.

here is the bottom line:

this whole situation is just incredibly sad. you know this has broken the hearts of everybody related to him and close to him. its sad that a young life has been ruined. and here you are assigning blame to a freaking FOOTBALL COACH for every bad decision Jimmy Johns has made. wow, thats impressive. you are just another one of those people who have to assign blame to somebody for something that has happened. and you decide to assign blame based solely on the fact that you are a fan of a rival and do not like our coach, and will take any opportunity you can to smear said coach.

RWS, you better watch out. The mind police/REC are going to get you - that is blasphemous to say that the Bear is dead. Only Auburn fans can say that! And we get berated every time. And no, $aban was not at fault for Jimmy Johns breaking the law. But he WAS at fault, if he knew bad things were going on with any of his football team and didn't do anything about it. Sure the touchy feely stuff makes you their friend, but like a father, the HC should not attempt to only be their friend. He is like their father in many respects and if tough love is what it takes, then that is what should happen. Suspensions, stadiums, whatever is necessary.

If fans are not joking when they say Nick Saban has lost control or should be fired - they are just scared of the possibility of him making Bama good again. They want the fans to turn on him so that he will leave Alabama before he can defeat Auburn. Same goes for his "7 wins" that he only got his first season.

You can't blame a coach for a couple of kids - I don't care who recruited them. Would you fire a coach after 1 or 2 seasons of mediocrity? Of course not. The problem with sports these days are that the fans are demanding high expectations so quickly. One bad season and you are done. Look at Tuberville in '03. Look at Shula in '06. Granted he only had 1 good season before hand, but - well the Tuberville example is better.

I said this when they fired Shula and when they hired Saban - Alabama just needs to sit back and let a coach take his time. Give him 4 or 5 years to produce results.

CNS should be fired because Jimmy Johns decided that he wanted to sell cocaine. that makes absolutely NO sense, but i expected as much from someone blinded only by their hatred of a football team. even if CNS had NO IDEA it was going on, he should be fired? your post makes no sense.

I don't think $aban should be fired over this, but this sure as hell should be a wakeup call for him to start giving out some discipline.

Of course Saban shouldn't be fired over this, But he should hear from disgruntled fans instead of hearing them make excuses that these are Shulas recruits. Saban's comments after the first few arrests amounted to the psycho babble of "treat them like men and they will become men". After 10 arrests he's not trying to sell that any more.

CNS didn't even curfew "The Strip until this past spring. What took so long?

If CNS can't find out any other way, then he needs to hire folks to snoop around to find out what's going on and where the problems are. MANY OTHER DISCIPLINARIAN COACHES from the past would not hesitate to go to these measures. The Alabama fan base that I grew up with in the 60's-70's would have demanded more. BTW, I mentioned Bear b/c I figgured Bama fans could relate to it.

If today's parents aren't keeping up with who their kid's friends are, where their kids are, which internet sites, etc, then they are inviting trouble. Since there are definitely problems on this team, then CNS needs to go to similar extraordinary measures with this team. Failure to install stiff discipline/scrutiny at this point REEKS of being afraid of losing athletes, thus losing games. Failure of the fans to demand such REEKS of the same fear.

There have obviously been some bad elements on and around that team. His style of begrudgingly implementing more rules as the arrests mount doesn't send much of a message to the kids. CNS is letting those kids down if he doesn't take drastic steps to stomp it out now. The fans are sending the wrong message to the kids if they don't demand drastic preventative disciplinary changes now.

Gestapo tactics? Yes ,why not.....these kids are getting a free ride: the ones not doing anything wrong won't mind and the others have 2 choices; get caught and dismissed by the coach (without the law being involved) or quit doing it.

When your heroes are the Bahr, Ken Stabler and Joe Namath...I think you're asking for too much from the average, excuse making Bamar. :no:

:au::homer:

All this "Whatever happened to personal responsibility" crap is missing the point entirely.

Yes, ultimately, Jimmy Johns is the one to blame for making the stupid decision to throw away this opportunity in order to distribute cocaine. There's no doubt there.

No, Saban didn't force his hand in with each deal that he made.

At what point though do you realize that there is a problem with letting the inmates run the asylum? The Fulmer Cup is yours for the taking. Yes, the first couple arrests (although they came pretty quick and constant as soon as the man was hired) were for a couple petty kid things. By the time it had gotten to Deadrick headbutting his way through the back of a cop car, it was clear that there was an epidemic of out of control players. Ten arrests, with two separate instances of felonies, in one year is not normal. Everyone keeps mentioning ten, but I remember there being at least five in the first couple months he took the helm. I'd like to know his true tally as head coach at uat. Again, if we were talking one or two MIP's or something similarly harmless a year, it'd still be two more than Auburn has had in the last year, but it certainly would be no true cause of alarm. When there is a never-ending torrent of arrests for serious charges coming from your football team, at some point you have to say "Wait a second. Shouldn't Saban step in and get to the bottom of this? Shouldn't he be kicking some kids off the team before the police have to lock them up? Shouldn't we demand that he do so instead of defending him tooth and nail as if he were infallible and to do so questions our very existence?"

The true irony of it all was the consistent stream of crap we heard when he took over that all of your problems lied in Shula's lack of discipline. Saban'll come in here and clean em up, that's for sure. He wrote the book on discipline, I tell ya.

If Shula's guys were bad apples, at least he appeared to keep them somewhat under control. He never had guys committing armed robbery, assaulting police, or distributing cocaine.

Some morning thoughts:

A lot has been made of Saban's supposed aloofness, arrogance, and privacy on the job. I can't vouch for veracity of the reports, but I'm refering to things like "My assistants are off limits to reporters", "don't speak to Coach Saban if he's walking down the hall at the office", limits on personal appearances written into his contract, etc. If this is an accurate reflection of his communication or networking habits, doesn't this cut him off from many possible sources of information regarding the behavior of his players or other possible problems in the program?

I mean, sometimes backdoor sources or the grapevine can be a valuable tool for discovering things you might not hear about up front. Might a reporter have dropped a clue to one of the assistants if the reporter had hints of troubling behavior by players (or other things like rogue boosters, for that matter)? Could a "lowly employee"--a secretary, equipment manager, or janitor--have knowledge of problems that he/she isn't comfortable approaching Saban with if Nick as unfriendly as claimed? How many boosters, alumni, fans, etc. might at least ask questions that give Saban pause if CNS allowed himself to get closer to them?

If, as has been suggested, much of the student body and apparently patrons & businessmen on The Strip were aware of Johns' extracurricular activities, shouldn't those rumors have made it to the athletic offices? Heck, even a few AUNations members who don't even live in Tuscaloosa started dropping hints weeks/months ago that things were rotten in Denmark/T'Town. Seems like CNS is in a lose-lose situation. Clearly if he had prior hints of Johns activities and did nothing or covered it up, that is a failure on his part. On the other hand, if he was blindsided about things that seem to have been public knowledge to so many, he seems severely lacking in oversight skills or information resources.

If fans are not joking when they say Nick Saban has lost control or should be fired - they are just scared of the possibility of him making Bama good again. They want the fans to turn on him so that he will leave Alabama before he can defeat Auburn. Same goes for his "7 wins" that he only got his first season.

You can't blame a coach for a couple of kids - I don't care who recruited them. Would you fire a coach after 1 or 2 seasons of mediocrity? Of course not. The problem with sports these days are that the fans are demanding high expectations so quickly. One bad season and you are done. Look at Tuberville in '03. Look at Shula in '06. Granted he only had 1 good season before hand, but - well the Tuberville example is better.

I said this when they fired Shula and when they hired Saban - Alabama just needs to sit back and let a coach take his time. Give him 4 or 5 years to produce results.

Can you not see the inevitable conclusion of Saban's reign in Tuscaloosa? That program may experience increased performance on the field in the short run, but inevitably it will crash and burn HARD!

Two factors will cause this:

1. The fans attitude - Their immensely ridiculous high expectations for Saban

2. Saban's attitude - His arrogant (can't do no wrong) persona and uncaring attitude towards character.

Look at it this way: Saban is given plenty of time to complete his "process" (4 or 5 more years). At that point if his teams are not in the top 5 every year, he will have failed to accomplish what the fans expect. Things will get ugly because of number 1. Number 2 will make it impossible to achieve that sort of success consistently. Same story as before, except with even HIGHER expectations and lower character.

Saban has enough of a record to give him the needed latitude and patience to build the team. Evfery person has their own set of strengths and weaknesses.....maybe he has run into a disciplinary problem that has overwhelmed him.....OK, then the fans need to help him understand the standard that is needed. Making excuses for it, in effect condones it. FIX IT.....FOR THE KIDS SAKE!!!!

If you don't care about the kids and only care about winning, then look at it this way.....CN$ will build a good team. These problems, until fixed, will only hinder that "process".

BTW.....Chizad....nice post and Go Lions.

Quite honestly Mike Price's situation was not nearly as embarrassing for the school as this freak show and he was lucky to escape the noose. Saban should be fired but not for this one incident rather the nine others culminating with this latest one. This is a pattern; it will not stop as long as Saban is coaching in T-town. This is part of Saban's style. It happened at MSU and at LSU. It is happening because this is how Saban does business. So I ask you, Bama fans, which is more important winning or being a laughing stock?

Shula cannot be blamed for this. It does not matter who recruited these kids, the current coach is responsible for disciplining them and he is not even trying to do that. From all accounts Johns was a model citizen before playing for Saban. I don't recall any of the others that have been arrested showing up on police blotters before they began playing for Saban either. Teams reflect the personality of their head coach. This team is a perfect example of that idiom.

Anyone have the numbers of how many arrests happened while shula was there? I'd be interested to know. Probabation has turned into Shula, but what's next to blame?

i wouldnt be surprised if during practice cn$ used such motivational phrases as "Men, you better massacre them this saturday, just like Virginia Tech guy or wherever that was." "Exterminate them like hitler did to the jews or the gays or whatever" "Grab the facemask and break his neck, if OJ can get away with murder or whatever, you can get away with that!" "Throw him to the ground like you would a 6 month old baby that wont quit crying" "Hold him down like you would that underage blonde after you locked her in your dorm after one of your little partys or whatever!" Lord knows what comes out of the mans mouth.

Shula was a serious disciplinarian if these are the players he had to work with. Of course not all of these players spent more than a year with Shula so they have developed more under Saban than the Shu.

i wouldnt be surprised if during practice cn$ used such motivational phrases as "Men, you better massacre them this saturday, just like Virginia Tech guy or wherever that was." "Exterminate them like hitler did to the jews or the gays or whatever" "Grab the facemask and break his neck, if OJ can get away with murder or whatever, you can get away with that!" "Throw him to the ground like you would a 6 month old baby that wont quit crying" "Hold him down like you would that underage blonde after you locked her in your dorm after one of your little partys or whatever!" Lord knows what comes out of the mans mouth.

wow. Jimmy Johns gets arrested and you come to this conclusion. but then again, i pretty much expected most here to blame CNS for the whole thing. next thing you know, he will be responsible for world hunger and gas prices being so high. obviously Jimmy Johns had NO IDEA distributing cocaine is bad and relied on CNS to explain to him it was wrong. obviously his parents had NO IDEA distributing cocaine is bad and relied on CNS to explain this to him. and apparently the laws of the State of Alabama are very unclear and Jimmy Johns relied on CNS to decipher those laws for him. even the TPD said he went through great lengths to make sure nobody on the team, administration, or coaches knew about what he was doing. i know some of you want to place the blame squarely on CNS's shoulders because you don't like him, and you don't like UA, and you just really really REALLY want it to be true.

wow. Jimmy Johns gets arrested and you come to this conclusion. but then again, i pretty much expected most here to blame CNS for the whole thing. next thing you know, he will be responsible for world hunger and gas prices being so high. obviously Jimmy Johns had NO IDEA distributing cocaine is bad and relied on CNS to explain to him it was wrong. obviously his parents had NO IDEA distributing cocaine is bad and relied on CNS to explain this to him. and apparently the laws of the State of Alabama are very unclear and Jimmy Johns relied on CNS to decipher those laws for him. even the TPD said he went through great lengths to make sure nobody on the team, administration, or coaches knew about what he was doing. i know some of you want to place the blame squarely on CNS's shoulders because you don't like him, and you don't like UA, and you just really really REALLY want it to be true.

You just don't get it, do you?

Like it or not, a coach is responsible for setting the tone of what they are or are not allowed to get away with. He's supposed to be feared and respected enough that kids know not to screw up. Instead, as the players are being thrown in cuffs and asked what their coach would think they respond "F*** Saban!"

You just don't get it, do you?

Like it or not, a coach is responsible for setting the tone of what they are or are not allowed to get away with. He's supposed to be feared and respected enough that kids know not to screw up. Instead, as the players are being thrown in cuffs and asked what their coach would think they respond "F*** Saban!"

yes, i'm sure CNS made it perfectly clear that dealing cocaine was acceptable. wow Chizad, you really set me straight. i guess you always did what your parents told you when you were young. you never ever EVER did anything they told you not to do, or they taught you that you shouldn't do. well, if you didn't then i guess they were complete failures as parents because they are supposed to be respected and feared enought that you knew not to screw up.

you can tell somebody plenty of times not to screw up. but they still choose to do it. Jimmy Johns is 21 years old. he knows dealing cocaine is wrong, and he knows it is not acceptable. i love how this is totally CNS' fault, its really interesting.....

Jimmy Johns' parents know him for 21 years.....they're not at fault

Mike Shula knew him/coached him for at least 3 years.....he's not at fault

Nick Saban coaches him for a year.....this is all his fault, and he's horrible for not knowing about it and then kicking him off the team when he finds out

its none of those three above people's fault. Jimmy Johns knows what he did was wrong, and he always knew. the fact that TPD stated that he never wanted any of the coaches, team, or administration to know about it kind of shows that he knew what the consequences would be if caught.

yes, i'm sure CNS made it perfectly clear that dealing cocaine was acceptable. wow Chizad, you really set me straight. i guess you always did what your parents told you when you were young. you never ever EVER did anything they told you not to do, or they taught you that you shouldn't do. well, if you did then i guess they were complete failures as parents because they are supposed to be respected and feared enought that you knew not to screw up.

you can tell somebody plenty of times not to screw up. but they still choose to do it. Jimmy Johns is 21 years old. he knows dealing cocaine is wrong, and he knows it is not acceptable. i love how this is totally CNS' fault, its really interesting.....

Nick Saban coaches him for a year.....this is all his fault, and he's horrible for not stopping it

its none of those three above people's fault. Jimmy Johns knows what he did was wrong, and he always knew. the fact that TPD stated that he never wanted any of the coaches, team, or administration to know about it kind of shows that he knew what the consequences would be if caught.

You keep making this sound as if this one incident was the only slip up with the law your team has had in the last year. Ten arrests in a year, not counting the textbook 5, or however many arrests he had in the first six months he took the helm, which if I remember correctly was quite a few. To use your parent metaphor, if you have one kid get in trouble, maybe there was nothing you could do. But if you have 10+ kids who can't stay out of cuffs, then maybe you didn't lay appropriate ground rules down. Maybe when you didn't come down hard enough on the first kid who got arrested, didn't "ground him", you set a precedent that you don't care what they do. There will be no consequences for their actions. One thing leads to another. Next thing you know you have kids fighting cops, and headbutting their way through the back of a cop car. You do nothing. One of your kids gets charged with a felony for holding someone up at gunpoint for $11. You do nothing. Next thing you know, the boundaries get pushed until someone thinks they can get away with dealing coke without facing any consequences from their head coach.

Trust me, being close to student athletes, knowing whether or not you will be punished by your coach for your actions is a very real factor in your behavior. You all could see it until it works against your favor now that you have the most unruly team in the nation, Fulmer Cup champions. You sure knew it when you called Tuberville soft for "only" suspending Blackmon a half a season for minor in possession. The only offense in recent memory that an Auburn player committed, yet it's brought up constantly as an example of how Tuberville just has no control over his team.

Pathetic.

He "went to some lengths to make sure, if he could, that other people on the team or inside the administration didn't know what he was doing. I don't think it was common knowledge."

Really sounds like no one knows.

Thats BS. See specifically "if he could" and "I dont THINK it was common knowledge".

Nick Saban coaches him for a year.....this is all his fault, and he's horrible for not knowing about it and then kicking him off the team when he finds out

How many times did he get arrested for 5 counts of distributing cocaine while he lived with his parents, or played for Mike Shula?

TO ALL YOU STUPID, IGNORANT, JACKASS BAMA FANS (AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT ALL BAMA FANS ARE STUPID , IGNORANT AND JACKASSES......JUST MOST)

How can you not WAKE UP and see that CNS is seriously SCREWING your program up? Do you really think that we say things like "CNS needs to be fired" because we are scarred of him? Are you freaking kidding me? WE OWN HIM! CTT had a winning record against him while at LSU and now at Auburn. Trust me you arrogant, ignorant, pompous bunch of retards............WE HOPE HE STAYS A BAMMER for a VERY LONG TIME.

To tell you the truth, your beloved university has made this offseason a very entertaining one. So far, there have been 10 arrests (that's one every 2.3 weeks! ) That's enough internet fodder to last most people for 10 YEARS! Also, these aren't for underage drinking for the most part, we get to see your players go down for ASSAULT, COCAINE DISTRIBUTION, ETC........So, thank you for that!

Now, on a serious note: It is VERY SAD that a 20 year old kid will stay in prison till he's 35. It's sad that he will not hug his kids until they are GROWN. Is it Nick Saban's fault that Jimmy Johns sold cocaine? Of course not.

HOWEVER............................................

You can't tell me that people on here (LIKE PROWLER FOR INSTANCE) knew what was going on with Jimmy Johns (A UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA HIGH PROFILE PLAYER) and Coach Nick Saban hadn't heard that anything was wrong? ESPECIALLY giving the facts that he has had 9 freaking arrests prior to this one since January 1!!!!! He knew! HE DID NOTHING! I will be SHOCKED if yall don't have another arrest before August 30th (even though I can't even dream that someone else would step outta line at a time like this, but the proof is in the pudding).......

SHOULD NICK SABAN BE FIRED???????? HECK YES HE SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AM I SAYING THAT B/C I AM SCARRED THAT HE WILL BEAT US???????? HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, I hope he stays for a long time. I'm sure he will eventually beat Auburn, I mean hey.....we can't expect to beat him every single year forever! Keep your midget little s*** head of a coach. He totally 100% fits the Bammer mold of IGNORANCE, ARROGANCE, AND STUPIDITY..........He want's to WIN AT ALL COSTS.

AT THIS MOMENT, I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE PROUDE TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!! :au:

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au:

THANK GOD FOR TOMMY TUBERVILLE! :au:

That's all

yes, i'm sure CNS made it perfectly clear that dealing cocaine was acceptable. wow Chizad, you really set me straight. i guess you always did what your parents told you when you were young. you never ever EVER did anything they told you not to do, or they taught you that you shouldn't do. well, if you did then i guess they were complete failures as parents because they are supposed to be respected and feared enought that you knew not to screw up.

Nick Saban coaches him for a year.....this is all his fault, and he's horrible for not stopping it

You keep making this sound as if this one incident was the only slip up with the law your team has had in the last year. Ten arrests in a year, not counting the textbook 5, or however many arrests he had in the first six months he took the helm, which if I remember correctly was quite a few. To use your parent metaphor, if you have one kid get in trouble, maybe there was nothing you could do. But if you have 10+ kids who can't stay out of cuffs, then maybe you didn't lay appropriate ground rules down. Maybe when you didn't come down hard enough on the first kid who got arrested, didn't "ground him", you set a precedent that you don't care what they do. There will be no consequences for their actions. One thing leads to another. Next thing you know you have kids fighting cops, and headbutting their way through the back of a cop car. You do nothing. One of your kids gets charged with a felony for holding someone up at gunpoint for $11. You do nothing. Next thing you know, the boundaries get pushed until someone thinks they can get away with dealing coke without facing any consequences from their head coach.

Trust me, being close to student athletes, knowing whether or not you will be punished by your coach for your actions is a very real factor in your behavior. You all could see it until it works against your favor now that you have the most unruly team in the nation, Fulmer Cup champions. You sure knew it when you called Tuberville soft for "only" suspending Blackmon a half a season for minor in possession. The only offense in recent memory that an Auburn player committed, yet it's brought up constantly as an example of how Tuberville just has no control over his team.

Pathetic.

yes, you're exactly right. CNS has told the team that they are allowed to do whatever they want and there will be no consequences. wow, i'm glad you have such insight into our program. out of the 9 players arrested, two have been kicked off the team (Johns, Elder), three were not full-time starters (Deaderick, Upchurch, Fanney), two were walk-on freshmen who were arrested after the season (Darrah, Vane) and will likely never see the first down in a game, one had his charges dismissed (Johnson), and it is questionable as to why Castille was arrested, and many here said he shouldn't even be suspended for it. what should he have done, kicked every single one off of the team? not sure what the deal with DJ Hall was, but i will say i wasn't happy about how that was handled. and we will have to see how Prince Hall's suspension plays out.

i inaccurately stated that Blackmon had been arrested twice for the same thing. i was obviously wrong about that. the only other thing i brought up was about Groves' arrest for domestic violence and that it was swept under the rug, and there was no suspension or anything for that. i would rather our players not screw up, but if they do i wouldn't want it swept under the rug. i would like to know.

Archived