Bernie Mac Dead at 50

MDM4AU

A shame...and, damn, but 50 doesn't sound nearly as old as it used to.

Seems like lots of good comics die at a younger age. Sam Kennison, John Belushi, Chris Farley, John Candy, etc. Pneumonia is not a joke. Sad to see him go. He and George Carlin both left this year.

Sucks for sure. I thought Bernie Mac was funny. I loved it on Kings of Comedy when he was talking about opening a day care.

My wife and I loved the Bernie Mac Show. He put together a show that touched a lot of areas that white folks could not go to. He showed a black man taking responsibility for his extended family and trying to do the right thing. And all the time he was funny as hell. Many times I recall thinking, "Oh you shouldn't done that, Bernie." I knew he shouldn't have because a lot of times, I have already done the same things. He was funny and produced a show that was enjoyable. I know he felt like he was being held back, but that's what made the show popular.

Now Kings of Comedy is a different story. He didn't hold much back there and was F-U-N-N-Y.

He will be missed.

Seems like lots of good comics die at a younger age. Sam Kennison, John Belushi, Chris Farley, John Candy, etc. Pneumonia is not a joke. Sad to see him go. He and George Carlin both left this year.

Is it really any surprise that these guys die young? They are like walking time bombs. Not only are they so intense that you feel like their arteries are gonna explode, they also don't take care of their bodies.

Archived