To my friendly Auburn fans...

Birmingham

I have climbed the mountain. I have been there and seen the sunrise. I come back from my sabbatical and I have been redeemed with a light that is pure and can only be described as the kind of light heartiness an Alabama fan would have if he were canned for a week from an Auburn board. It's good to see you friends. In the time that I've been gone no fewer than 3 posts came to mind that would all have gotten me canned for good. I take the week break as one that allowed me to post here rather than restricted me. For that I say thank you to the Auburn Moderators of this Board, the Greatest .net Auburn forum on the web, period!

Welcome Back. "Hoopie" has been permanently banned from the Al.com sites and I now post over there under another name.....lesson learned for me and I hope for you. A couple of tips: You are on an AU board and need to realize that there will some tolerance imbalance in favor of AU. (Kind of like the censors at Al.com favor Bama) Don't cherry pick portions of posts and attack them without understanding the whole of the post(s) you are attacking. Read more carefully so that comprehension issues don't arise.

AU fans can get overly optimistic just like any fans.....carefully keeping us real on that is probably OK. There are however, some certain "traits" of AU football that we believe to be important (ex character building) and shouldn't be attacked. An occaisonal example contrary to those traits may arise....don't try to create an issue out of those singular examples.....it is so disruptive to us to have to stop and discuss those kinds of points that we consider it inane and would rather not have you around if you are going to do that.

You have posted some good topics and have on occaisons asked reasonable questions. Try to keep it at that. Good Luck.

Welcome Back. "Hoopie" has been permanently banned from the Al.com sites and I now post over there under another name.....lesson learned for me and I hope for you. A couple of tips: You are on an AU board and need to realize that there will some tolerance imbalance in favor of AU. (Kind of like the censors at Al.com favor Bama) Don't cherry pick portions of posts and attack them without understanding the whole of the post(s) you are attacking. Read more carefully so that comprehension issues don't arise.

AU fans can get overly optimistic just like any fans.....carefully keeping us real on that is probably OK. There are however, some certain "traits" of AU football that we believe to be important (ex character building) and shouldn't be attacked. An occaisonal example contrary to those traits may arise....don't try to create an issue out of those singular examples.....it is so disruptive to us to have to stop and discuss those kinds of points that we consider it inane and would rather not have you around if you are going to do that.

You have posted some good topics and have on occaisons asked reasonable questions. Try to keep it at that. Good Luck.

Wow, Hoopie playing the big brother. That's sweet.

I'm interested: What got Hoopie banned from al.com?

Have you been to al.com lately? There is no more idiotic, moronic place full of stupidity from every possible angle than that place. He probably just had enough of the over-the-top idiotic banter that goes on there and let somebody have it. They delete posts over there for no reason, and at the drop of a hat, so it probably does not take much to get banned either.

Some of the ridiculous callers on Finebaum have NOTHING on people at al.com. I'm talking about Auburn fans too.

You don't have to "do" anything to get banned at al.com. If you aren't for Bammer, they will shut you down post-haste.

I suppose I could email TPTB over there and get reinstated, but after due consideration I've decided not to post or read there any more. Average IQ at that place must be about 50, and the mods are about IQ 25.

isn't this woodshed material? What does this have to do with Auburn or football?

I have climbed the mountain. I have been there and seen the sunrise. I come back from my sabbatical and I have been redeemed with a light that is pure and can only be described as the kind of light heartiness an Alabama fan would have if he were canned for a week from an Auburn board. It's good to see you friends. In the time that I've been gone no fewer than 3 posts came to mind that would all have gotten me canned for good. I take the week break as one that allowed me to post here rather than restricted me. For that I say thank you to the Auburn Moderators of this Board, the Greatest .net Auburn forum on the web, period!

Who is this? Really? :lol:

:au::homer:

Have you been to al.com lately? There is no more idiotic, moronic place full of stupidity from every possible angle than that place. He probably just had enough of the over-the-top idiotic banter that goes on there and let somebody have it. They delete posts over there for no reason, and at the drop of a hat, so it probably does not take much to get banned either.

Some of the ridiculous callers on Finebaum have NOTHING on people at al.com. I'm talking about Auburn fans too.

I post over there sometimes as GaTiger1. "Hoopie" got permanently banned because he indeed got fed up with some AU bashing and "went off" on the Bammers and described an ugly account of a very drunk Bear Bryant that he personally witnessed. I grew up a Bammer, my father went to Bama, my grandfather played football at AU in the 20's....I've been on both sides of this deal. I went to AU to get a better education. It took me until my second year at AU to yell War Eagle b/c I finally realized the difference in the 2 fandoms.....AU folks have heart..........Too many Bammers are rednecks with self imposed arrogance started by Bear Bryant.

I post over there sometimes as GaTiger1. "Hoopie" got permanently banned because he indeed got fed up with some AU bashing and "went off" on the Bammers and described an ugly account of a very drunk Bear Bryant that he personally witnessed. I grew up a Bammer, my father went to Bama, my grandfather played football at AU in the 20's....I've been on both sides of this deal. I went to AU to get a better education. It took me until my second year at AU to yell War Eagle b/c I finally realized the difference in the 2 fandoms.....AU folks have heart..........Too many Bammers are rednecks with self imposed arrogance started by Bear Bryant.

I AGREE! :thumbsup::puke::ua:

Archived