Gabe Mckenzie moves to SDE

WAR-MATT

Byran Matthews just said its official.

Yup...just heard that. Tubs said that it was Gabe's decision, and it was a "smart one" since he'd probably get on the field more. Tubs also said that he was "proud of him"....

:au::homer:

Gabe is a great kid. I realize I am not on the team to watch him in practice, but I am really surprised that this kid didn't get a crack at more PT at TE. The kid is amazing. He has circus catches and game winning TD catches and doesn't drop the ball. He has great work ethic. I am not doubting our coaching staff, but I would just like to see with my own two eyes as to why he is not playing.

Gabe is a great kid. I realize I am not on the team to watch him in practice, but I am really surprised that this kid didn't get a crack at more PT at TE. The kid is amazing. He has circus catches and game winning TD catches and doesn't drop the ball. He has great work ethic. I am not doubting our coaching staff, but I would just like to see with my own two eyes as to why he is not playing.

He has been inconsistent catching the ball.

I guess it is just the difference between game time and practice. Apparently:

Gabe catches in the game and not in practice and Trott catches in practice and not in the game :rolleyes:

According to Tate, this really sounds more situational than McKenzie not measuring up @ TE. Somebody needed to step into the position since Raven Gray was still having knee problems.

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/

Was he a DE in high school? I'm trying to remember. I do recall reading an article recently about DE not having guys step up (like Gray).

Was he a DE in high school? I'm trying to remember. I do recall reading an article recently about DE not having guys step up (like Gray).

He played offense and defense in high school. I believe Rivals had him listed as a DE and not as a TE when he was being recruited.

If CNS were Gabe's coach, we'd be hearing about how big of a )*@( he was for moving the kid.

Nah, how much did he pay him to move would be more like it.

If CNS were Gabe's coach, we'd be hearing about how big of a )*@( he was for moving the kid.

Thank goodness CNS isn't his coach :cheer:

Besides bammers are supposed to put Saban related posts in the Rival's Forum.

Remember Jay Ratliff. Great athlete who started out a TE and ended up on defense. Then became a solid player in the NFL. I predict a similar future for Mckenzie. He has all the tools.

Archived