Grant better than Lester !?!? what tha...

BoJackson

Saw the same thing...didn't quite get it...Grant fell off through the middle of the season...but who knows....

Terrible. Grant isn't even Bama's best RB. I could be wrong, but i don't remember Grant being able to run inside with much success. No one hits the hole quicker than Lester.

I think it's just the glow from the newfound glory of John Parker Wilson reflecting off the rest of his teammates to reveal their hidden glory.

PS. Terry Grant would be a fourth stringer here.

They must be taking into account that Lester will have to share many carries with Tate and Davis (as a minimum), as opposed to Grant getting most of the carries for Bama.

I think this is kind of like the football rankings i.e. not how good you are, but what your individual end of the season numbers will look like. Either way, it's not represenatative of the talent level IMO. Lester is probably about where he should be going into the season (until he has the breakout season I think he's going to have this year), and Grant is ranked about 10-15 spots too high.

Yes, Grant would be 4th string here, and that's if he could beat out a true freshman for the spot.

I agree with pilot. A lot of fantasy scouting reports are hesitant on any of the tigers talented players. With the new offense, there's no way to know where all the touches are gonna go. Plus, with all the talent on the field, who gets top billing? Lester, Tate, Fannin, Smith, Burns? All could have decent rushing yards. But I believe, at the end of the season, Total Yards is going to be the stat that stands out at Auburn for each individual on the roster.

Saw the same thing...didn't quite get it...Grant fell off through the middle of the season...but who knows....

he developed a sports hernia halfway through the season. he gained 891 yards on 180 carries (5 ypc average) with 8 TD, plus 176 receiving yards and 1 receiving touchdown....and he was a freshman and did not play against AU or Colorado. his stats are very comparable to Tate and Tate played every game last season and got 22 more carries. i don't think we will know the answer until we see a healthy Terry Grant.

They must be taking into account that Lester will have to share many carries with Tate and Davis (as a minimum), as opposed to Grant getting most of the carries for Bama.

I think this is kind of like the football rankings i.e. not how good you are, but what your individual end of the season numbers will look like. Either way, it's not represenatative of the talent level IMO. Lester is probably about where he should be going into the season (until he has the breakout season I think he's going to have this year), and Grant is ranked about 10-15 spots too high.

Yes, Grant would be 4th string here, and that's if he could beat out a true freshman for the spot.

Grant is not even the starter this year, he is #2 on the depth chart depending on what set we're in. he will share #2 spot with Mark Ingram. Glen Coffee will be the starter, but i think we will try to accomplish the running by committee tactic to be honest. Roy Upchurch comes in at #4 on the depth chart.

Archived