Tuberville and CTF's secret

Plainsman105

What they aren't telling you is that they are invoking the spirit of the "Freemans" and the "Dooleys". For the uneducated, the 1953 Auburn Tigers featured two distinct roster rotations depending on who was under center. The X and the Y Teams would alternate as a whole throughout the year. Burns is the "Dooley" with Tate at RB, McKenzie back at TE, and Dunn at WR (He still won't get any catches :) ) Todd is the "Freeman" with Lester, Fannin, Frenchy, Slaughter, Hawthorne, and Trott to pitch it to! Tell me we won't catch a few by surprise.

Some of you guys scare me with how little you know about our history.

My thoughts exactly. I bet a lot of younger ones don't even know Dooley played and coached at Auburn before he went to Georgia with Coach Eaves. Opps I'm sorry, they probably don't know who Coach Eaves is either. Oh well, their loss.

I kinda like that idea.

Yeah, many younger fans do not remember how interesting the back story was whenever AU and UGA would play each other during the Pat Dye and Vince Dooley eras. Even as a kid, I always got a kick out of the fact that they both were coaching against their alma mater during those games.

My enthusiasm just went over the top!!!!!!! Man I can WAIT to see this team play.

I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN SO EXCITED (although I say that every year! :big: )

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!! :au:

Some of you guys scare me with how little you know about our history.

My thoughts exactly. I bet a lot of younger ones don't even know Dooley played and coached at Auburn before he went to Georgia with Coach Eaves. Opps I'm sorry, they probably don't know who Coach Eaves is either. Oh well, their loss.

Who are these people you speak of? :poke:

I'm not going to pretend to be a professor of Auburn Football.

I have been reading "War Eagle:A Story of Auburn Football" by Clyde Bolton lately and had just finished the chapters about the "X and Y Teams of 53' ". Amusingly, it made me think of our quarterback situation this year, and all the potential talent that we have. I may be overly enthusiastic about this year's team, but I see a LOT of talent that has arrived on the Plains. Seems a shame to keep them on the bench.

The topic was meant for humor only. :)

Archived