LSU 41, Appalachian State 13

Florida 56, Hawaii 10

Georgia 45, Georgia Southern 21

Louisiana Tech 22, Mississippi State 14 :no:

Ole Miss 41, Memphis 24 :thumbsup:

Arkansas 28, Western Illinois 24

Auburn 34, Louisiana-Monroe 0

Alabama 31 Clemson 10 in the 3rd. :blink:

Personally I dont know if :ua: is anywhere near that good or Clemsuck is just that over-rated, as usual. Typical of the Soon-to-be-ended-Bowden Era at Clemson. The ACC seems very down this year too.

ECU 27 VT 22

:sc: 52 UVA 7

Bowling Green 27 Pitt 17 :roflol:

Bama is looking pretty good, and Clemson is killing themselves.

The good thing for us is Clemson won't be in front of us any more in the polls.

Nah I called the Clemson team is overrated at the beginning of the season.They have two good backs and that's it.I knew it when we beat them last year in a new offense with just 8 practice sessions.

Biggest surprise to me is Tommy Bowden not getting fired at half time. All joking aside, how in the hell does Texas A&M lose to Arkansas State?

MSU is the biggest surprise to me.

The thing with the UAT game is that all week bammers have been predicting a win because Clemson is overrated and Bowden tends to blow games he should win. Now they will crow that they are "Back" after...well...beating a team that is overrated and a coach that always blows a big game.

I'm not shocked Alabama won, but I'm surprised at how much. I figured Clemson was probably overrated so despite the ranking difference, thought they'd beat bammer by 7 or less.

MSU shocked me with their loss. I knew they wouldn't be as good as last year, but La Tech? Geez, that just represents the SEC very poorly. We better not lose to them. I guess you guys can probably admit that they will lose to Bama this year after watching the Clemson game.

Ole Miss - not surprised at all either. I'm telling you guys, watch out for them.

I am not surprised at all Bama won, but the amount and how they controlled the game shocked me.

Bama dominated Clemson. JPW looked like a SR QB and their Freshman really stepped up. They play Georgia on the road in 3 weeks, that's when I can start forming an opinion about them. I do say that our Rushing performance was great, but I really think that our passing stuck so bad that we had no other choice but to run.

Bama dominated Clemson. JPW looked like a SR QB and their Freshman really stepped up. They play Georgia on the road in 3 weeks, that's when I can start forming an opinion about them. I do say that our Rushing performance was great, but I really think that our passing stuck so bad that we had no other choice but to run.

That is an excellent point. The UGA game will tell us pretty much everything we need to know (but in 4 weeks). Kind of like how we will probably know our team after the LSU game. And the same weekend as Bama - UGA is Auburn UT. By then, we will definitely know what our team is able to do.

I think the biggest surprise was Clemson's performance. Not all that surprised by the effort UAT gave, just surprised at how easily Clemson just laid down.

Not surprised by the USC game - that game got my highest confidence in pickem.

Not surprised by LaTech winning - I personally very nearly picked them in the TDA pickem, but I thought MSU would squeeze it out.

ECU winning was a surprise, but I could see that happening especially considering how utterly pathetic VT offense was last year and still is.

Pitt? I mean what's new? Isn't this an annual thing for them?

Texas A&M definitely surprising but didn't expect anything more than the usual there - more just pure embarrassment.

i was absolutely shocked at how awful clemson looked. i sort of felt that bammer was going to give them all they wanted and might win, but good lord, they looked awful. bowden wet his pants in all facets of coaching, and their players gave it about 8% the whole time. have you ever seen tackling that poor? EVER?

lets face it ,Bama beat the hell out of a team that was ranked a lot higher than the team that it took overtime for us to beat in a bowl game. No need to hide behind false hopes, Saban is for real along with his recruits.

Tiger Thang I would be shocked if you aren't a bammer.

First ranked a lot higher? Hardly, I believe Clemson was ranked 14 at the time we played them last year - now 9. Second, we were implementing an offense after 8 days of practicing it vs. Clemson. Our QB isn't the same - and most people see that as a positive - all due respect to Brandon Cox. Third, Clemson played TERRIBLY. I'm by no means saying UAT didn't play well - they played very well. Fourth, we beat a team 34-0 today that bama LOST to last season. Fifth, comparing scores let alone from different seasons is idiotic.

Tiger Thang I would be shocked if you aren't a bammer.

First ranked a lot higher? Hardly, I believe Clemson was ranked 14 at the time we played them last year - now 9. Second, we were implementing an offense after 8 days of practicing it vs. Clemson. Our QB isn't the same - and most people see that as a positive - all due respect to Brandon Cox. Third, Clemson played TERRIBLY. I'm by no means saying UAT didn't play well - they played very well. Fourth, we beat a team 34-0 today that bama LOST to last season. Fifth, comparing scores let alone from different seasons is idiotic.

Thanks for reminding me that Bama lost to ULM last year. I think we played about 10 different plays today and 7 of them were running plays and we won 34-0. If we can do that against any division 1 team that is a good day.

I was not expecting much today and we kept most of the playbook back in the locker room.

The Turds. Really I'm shocked at how good they looked. I'm not shocked at their attitudes; I hear their dancing on the sidelines made Georgia's sideline show last year look downright classy. As per usual their drubbing will set off a rampage of prehatching chicken counting. Protip: Save proclamations of "being back" and this years second coming until after the Arky & Georgia games. If they are for real I think it will be very evident after those two games.

Texas A&M, VT, and Miss St. all surprised me big time as well. I was most disappointed with Miss. St., VT made me chuckle, and TAMU just left me shaking my head.

Why is everyone shocked about MSU? The fact that they won 8 games last season was nothing short of a miracle. This is a team that shut themselves out in regulation in the spring game. 0! points! Basically they got shut out for 2 games, and while their defense is good it's not THAT good.

Any team happens to get more than 7 points vs MSU has a good shot of winning.

lets face it ,Bama beat the hell out of a team that was ranked a lot higher than the team that it took overtime for us to beat in a bowl game. No need to hide behind false hopes, Saban is for real along with his recruits.

this statement is incredibly defeatist and ridiculous. bama looked good tonight for sure but they took advantage of absolutely MISERABLE play in every stage of the clemson game. both lines were awful, clemson's secondary was confused on 9 out of 10 plays, and as i've already said, worst tackling ever. i fully expect bama to be 4-0 by the uga game. we'll see who they are in that one.

it is entirely possible that they are good and they're further along than anyone expected, but it's not time to worry yet. i do not see enough talent on that team to handle their schedule. i could be absolutely incorrect, but i'm just going to wait and see.

clemson, on the other hand, is in for an absolutely miserable season if they play like that. they quit before they even started.

this statement is incredibly defeatist and ridiculous. bama looked good tonight for sure but they took advantage of absolutely MISERABLE play in every stage of the clemson game. both lines were awful, clemson's secondary was confused on 9 out of 10 plays, and as i've already said, worst tackling ever. i fully expect bama to be 4-0 by the uga game. we'll see who they are in that one.

it is entirely possible that they are good and they're further along than anyone expected, but it's not time to worry yet. i do not see enough talent on that team to handle their schedule. i could be absolutely incorrect, but i'm just going to wait and see.

clemson, on the other hand, is in for an absolutely miserable season if they play like that. they quit before they even started.

yeah, i mean in NO way was our D the reason for them playing poorly. we did not force them to play poorly, they just came in and said "look guys we're just going to let you win this thing". they just let us win and all we had to do was show up. the same defense that returns most of its starters from last season (a top 10 defense) just said "you guys run it wherever you want, we'll give it to you". but hey, you guys can't pass to save your lives against ULM with your heralded new spread offense and you are on track to win the SEC and BCS! we held Clemson to less yards than you guys held ULM to. we gained more yards against Clemson than you guys did against ULM, yet you guys are world beaters and we suck. but it had nothing to do with how Alabama played, it was all about Clemson just decided to not play worth a crap before the game. had absolutely NOTHING to do with how we played.

yeah, i mean in NO way was our D the reason for them playing poorly. we did not force them to play poorly, they just came in and said "look guys we're just going to let you win this thing". they just let us win and all we had to do was show up. the same defense that returns most of its starters from last season (a top 10 defense) just said "you guys run it wherever you want, we'll give it to you". but hey, you guys can't pass to save your lives against ULM with your heralded new spread offense and you are on track to win the SEC and BCS!

Is there really much of a reason to pass when you run for 320 yards? What do you want? People here to just all of the sudden be in awe that Alabama blew out someone they weren't supposed to beat? We've beaten somewhere around 10 of the last top 15 teams we've faced. Alabama's beaten Clemson and an overrated Florida team in 2005, I don't think we have to explain why we think we have the ability to win the SEC or get to the BCS, we're at that level, granted we did not throw the ball well at all tonight but I'm pretty sure that can be brought under control and was more of a fluke then anything else. I'll say it since you're begging for attention on the Auburn board for your schools win, congratulations, you guys looked good for what bit I got to see.

yeah, i mean in NO way was our D the reason for them playing poorly. we did not force them to play poorly, they just came in and said "look guys we're just going to let you win this thing". they just let us win and all we had to do was show up. the same defense that returns most of its starters from last season (a top 10 defense) just said "you guys run it wherever you want, we'll give it to you". but hey, you guys can't pass to save your lives against ULM with your heralded new spread offense and you are on track to win the SEC and BCS!

Is there really much of a reason to pass when you run for 350 yards? What do you want? People here to just all of the sudden be in awe that Alabama blew out someone they weren't supposed to beat? We've beaten somewhere around 10 of the last top 15 teams we've faced. Alabama's beaten Clemson and an overrated Florida team in 2005, I don't think we have to explain why we think we have the ability to win the SEC or get to the BCS, we're at that level, granted we did not throw the ball well at all tonight but I'm pretty sure that can be brought under control and was more of a fluke then anything else. I'll say it since you're begging for attention on the Auburn board for your schools win, congratulations, you guys looked good for what bit I got to see.

with how bad you guys dogged us about how horrible Clemson was going to make us look, what did you expect? i didn't come here looking for attention on the win, as everybody knows i'm one of the first to congratulate AU when yall beat us and i am here just as quick and vocal win, lose, or draw about any game. if you think the switch to the run was planned, i think you are mistaken. in CTF's interviews he pretty much said the play was crappy. with the Borges offense, how many times did Brandon Cox go 13/27 85 yards 1 TD and 1 INT? you guys have been saying yourselves about how the team has had aaaaaaaall of the offseason to perfect the new offense. if they could beat Clemson after only a week or so of prep, the offense would be hell on wheels come the '08 season. why is the passing performance NOW a "fluke"? especially with all-world QB Kodi Burns?

yeah, i mean in NO way was our D the reason for them playing poorly. we did not force them to play poorly, they just came in and said "look guys we're just going to let you win this thing". they just let us win and all we had to do was show up. the same defense that returns most of its starters from last season (a top 10 defense) just said "you guys run it wherever you want, we'll give it to you". but hey, you guys can't pass to save your lives against ULM with your heralded new spread offense and you are on track to win the SEC and BCS! we held Clemson to less yards than you guys held ULM to. we gained more yards against Clemson than you guys did against ULM, yet you guys are world beaters and we suck. but it had nothing to do with how Alabama played, it was all about Clemson just decided to not play worth a crap before the game. had absolutely NOTHING to do with how we played.

brother, you need a damned midol. i said bama looked good. you did. you deserve to gloat.

but if you honestly couldn't see how defeated clemson looked on the sidelines...hell coming out of the TUNNEL they looked scared...you're just being a homer. nowhere did i say a damn thing about us being worldbeaters. we looked pretty average and i expected as much in the opener. i don't know what exit you even took to get to that tangent. all i was saying is that clemson played absolutely awfully tonight. bama had something to do with it, yes. but come on, buddy. you saw what i saw. clemson had no push on their o-line (which was extremely inexperienced, by the way), their d-line was getting absolutely FLATTENED by bama's OL, and their playcalling was totally absurd. "hey, what is it, 2nd and 9? how about a screen behind the line of scrimmage? oh, that got blown up? let's try it again. who are these two dynamite runningbacks everyone says we have? let's hand it off to the true freshman! oh, he fumbled? let's try another screen."

bama came out with their asses on fire and clemson looked dumbfounded. tommy bowden looked like a scorned child. they embarrassed themselves. if you saw something else, you were too busy fumbling with that chubby to pay attention to anything but how good julio looked in his 9 sideline closeups.

edit: i will also add that based solely on tonight, bama is better than 24th. probably somewhere near 15, and i'd imagine we see that much movement in the poll. clemson, however, did not look like a top 25 team tonight. if they win the ACC, i'll be shocked. NOBODY expected them to be that bad. which is sort of why i put this in the "biggest surprises" thread.

Is there really much of a reason to pass when you run for 350 yards? What do you want? People here to just all of the sudden be in awe that Alabama blew out someone they weren't supposed to beat? We've beaten somewhere around 10 of the last top 15 teams we've faced. Alabama's beaten Clemson and an overrated Florida team in 2005, I don't think we have to explain why we think we have the ability to win the SEC or get to the BCS, we're at that level, granted we did not throw the ball well at all tonight but I'm pretty sure that can be brought under control and was more of a fluke then anything else. I'll say it since you're begging for attention on the Auburn board for your schools win, congratulations, you guys looked good for what bit I got to see.

with how bad you guys dogged us about how horrible Clemson was going to make us look, what did you expect? i didn't come here looking for attention on the win, as everybody knows i'm one of the first to congratulate AU when yall beat us and i am here just as quick and vocal win, lose, or draw about any game. if you think the switch to the run was planned, i think you are mistaken. in CTF's interviews he pretty much said the play was crappy. with the Borges offense, how many times did Brandon Cox go 13/27 85 yards 1 TD and 1 INT? you guys have been saying yourselves about how the team has had aaaaaaaall of the offseason to perfect the new offense. if they could beat Clemson after only a week or so of prep, the offense would be hell on wheels come the '08 season. why is the passing performance NOW a "fluke"? especially with all-world QB Kodi Burns?

you are being an absolute a**hole. you need to take a break.

brother, you need a damned midol. i said bama looked good. you did. you deserve to gloat.

but if you honestly couldn't see how defeated clemson looked on the sidelines...hell coming out of the TUNNEL they looked scared...you're just being a homer. nowhere did i say a damn thing about us being worldbeaters. we looked pretty average and i expected as much in the opener. i don't know what exit you even took to get to that tangent. all i was saying is that clemson played absolutely awfully tonight. bama had something to do with it, yes. but come on, buddy. you saw what i saw. clemson had no push on their o-line (which was extremely inexperienced, by the way), their d-line was getting absolutely FLATTENED by bama's OL, and their playcalling was totally absurd. "hey, what is it, 2nd and 9? how about a screen behind the line of scrimmage? oh, that got blown up? let's try it again. who are these two dynamite runningbacks everyone says we have? let's hand it off to the true freshman! oh, he fumbled? let's try another screen."

bama came out with their asses on fire and clemson looked dumbfounded. tommy bowden looked like a scorned child. they embarrassed themselves. if you saw something else, you were too busy fumbling with that chubby to pay attention to anything but how good julio looked in his 9 sideline closeups.

i will give you some credit on the OL statement, because even i identified that before the game. however, their D has a TON of experience and skill. as far as the bubble screens, etc, Clemson has always done that. they didn't even run them against us as much as they usually do. CNS even said before the game that they run more screens than any team he has played against. that is why Alabama did not try anything too cute on defense, because they were worried about Clemson getting on the outside on the screens. the Clemson playcalling wasn't that horrible, as they took quite a few shots down the field and some mid-range passes. BUT, i'm sure it could have been better.

i did notice that even though our D didn't do any kind of special blitz packages, etc for the most part, that there was alot more "crazy-look" to the defense than there was last season.

you are being an absolute a**hole. you need to take a break.

meh, its 4AM and i can't sleep. don't get all upset because you can't handle somebody telling you like it is.

Archived