Why are we getting dominated in state?

AuburnSniper21

What is the matter with Auburn? Why are we getting shut out on the top recruits in state. You guys have to face the fact that Bama is loading up and the pendulum is going to swing back to them before to long. This makes me sick. They just got Nico, and they are going to load up with Dre Kirkpatrick, Kendall Kelly, Tana Patrick. Be ready for another top 5 recruiting class while we hang out between 10-20. I am tired of settling for average and I want Auburn to be a top 5 class with stud recruits. Auburn lacks that killer instinct. Everything is just dissapointing, such as our offense against La-Mo. Something has to change soon or the streak will be against us. Don't get me wrong, I love Auburn and everyone of our players. I am going to enjoy the current streak for the next couple of months cause once it ends it will be hard to get back on our side.

I had to get this off my chest. Sorry if I flamed or ranted too much.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that will put a dent in our in-state dominance will be getting drilled by you guys. Getting beat in a respectable game will not hurt this year, and winning of course, would guarantee a subsequent victory in the recruiting battle.

With that said, I'm by no means expecting Auburn to blow Alabama out this season. Therefore...

We will always have a natural edge under normal circumstances. Unless Alabama (a) goes on probation, (B) is ever stuck with another Shula-esque head coach, or (both a and B) 2002-2006 actual seasons, we should come out on top. I hope I haven't shown too much bias, but it's the way I actually see things. I've hit Alabama hard on here in the past and try to be more objective than your average fan.

- edit - I hate automatic emoticons.

What is the matter with Auburn?

Nothing is the matter with Auburn.

Why are we getting shut out on the top recruits in state.

We're not.

Now, relax and watch the games.

We're not.

Explain how you're not.

It's real simple. Real slow......say......six.......in.....a row....with .........seven ........coming.....in........90.......days.

We're not.

Explain how you're not.

It's real simple. Real slow......say......six.......in.....a row....with .........seven ........coming.....in........90.......days.

it still doesn't change the fact that we are beating you for the top talent in the state, but keep clinging to that 6 as your feel-good catchall.

I made a similar post the other day and got flamed for it! Whether some on here like to admit it or not, I lived through the Bear days and looks like it's returned in terms of the Bammers getting virtually anybody they want. Tubs seems unable to compete with Saban in terms of recruiting and that troubles me. Games with the Bammers mean more to in-state players than one from Tennessee or Georgia for example. Bear knew that. Saban has won more than just recruits as well. H e's established pipelines to these schools that have top quality athletes coming up who'll want to play with friends. I'm troubled by Tubs inability to compete with Saban in recruiting. Look for them to "clean our plow" with the rest of in-state talent as well. I know, I know, go ahead and say well, we get players from FLorida and Georgia, etc. But when have we gotten MANY outstanding, top rated players from these states either? OR, Tubs is a better judge of talent. or we have a new system and we're recruiting to our needs. Baloney! You can't tell me that we weren't going after DJ Fluker, Ming, Johnson, and others. Go ahead, flame!

I made a similar post the other day and got flamed for it! Whether some on here like to admit it or not, I lived through the Bear days and looks like it's returned in terms of the Bammers getting virtually anybody they want. Tubs seems unable to compete with Saban in terms of recruiting and that troubles me. Games with the Bammers mean more to in-state players than one from Tennessee or Georgia for example. Bear knew that. Saban has won more than just recruits as well. H e's established pipelines to these schools that have top quality athletes coming up who'll want to play with friends. I'm troubled by Tubs inability to compete with Saban in recruiting. Look for them to "clean our plow" with the rest of in-state talent as well. I know, I know, go ahead and say well, we get players from FLorida and Georgia, etc. But when have we gotten MANY outstanding, top rated players from these states either? OR, Tubs is a better judge of talent. or we have a new system and we're recruiting to our needs. Baloney! Go ahead, flame!

nothing is wrong in Auburn. it doesn't matter until they hit the field. rankings don't matter. CTT said if these evaluaters knew what they were talking about, they would be coaches. AU is recruiting character first. SIX!

I made a similar post the other day and got flamed for it! Whether some on here like to admit it or not, I lived through the Bear days and looks like it's returned in terms of the Bammers getting virtually anybody they want. Tubs seems unable to compete with Saban in terms of recruiting and that troubles me. Games with the Bammers mean more to in-state players than one from Tennessee or Georgia for example. Bear knew that. Saban has won more than just recruits as well. H e's established pipelines to these schools that have top quality athletes coming up who'll want to play with friends. I'm troubled by Tubs inability to compete with Saban in recruiting. Look for them to "clean our plow" with the rest of in-state talent as well. I know, I know, go ahead and say well, we get players from FLorida and Georgia, etc. But when have we gotten MANY outstanding, top rated players from these states either? OR, Tubs is a better judge of talent. or we have a new system and we're recruiting to our needs. Baloney! Go ahead, flame!

rankings don't matter.

They really dont when you have one of the best (and I'm talking top 3-5) talent evaluation systems in the country. Guess who was the first to get in on some no-name, no ranking DE from Indiana named Montez Robinson? It wasn't Saban, it wasn't Tressel or any other eastern school which should have the advantage in that area...it was Tuberville. Turns out Robinson is possible 5-star by the end of the year, we got in on that kid before he even had a single video/article up about him.

I can go on naming the vast superiority we possess when it comes to finding those unknown players that become All-SEC. I already told you that we got the best DE prospect in-state committed to us...guess who it is? Its not Ming, its not Coleman....its Donald Ford. Opening game of the season he was so dominant he played 1 half of football and still posted something like 7 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, a blocked kick AND a blocked punt, 3 pass breakups, and a sack. Guess who found him in our camp and locked him up? This is a kid who played a S/LB hybrid ("Rover") last year and was on no one's watch list, underwent a huge growth spurt and is now a freak DE prospect with timed 4.46 speed. But hey, you guys can go celebrate about getting a guy like William Ming, who BTW probably projects best as an OG but may fit in as a 3-4 DE in your defense.

rankings don't matter.

They really dont when you have one of the best (and I'm talking top 3-5) talent evaluation systems in the country. Guess who was the first to get in on some no-name, no ranking DE from Indiana named Montez Robinson? It wasn't Saban, it wasn't Tressel or any other eastern school which should have the advantage in that area...it was Tuberville. Turns out Robinson is possible 5-star by the end of the year, we got in on that kid before he even had a single video/article up about him.

I can go on naming the vast superiority we possess when it comes to finding those unknown players that become All-SEC. I already told you that we got the best DE prospect in-state committed to us...guess who it is? Its not Ming, its not Coleman....its Donald Ford. Opening game of the season he was so dominant he played 1 half of football and still posted something like 7 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, a blocked kick AND a blocked punt, 3 pass breakups, and a sack. Guess who found him in our camp and locked him up? This is a kid who played a S/LB hybrid ("Rover") last year and was on no one's watch list, underwent a huge growth spurt and is now a freak DE prospect with timed 4.46 speed. But hey, you guys can go celebrate about getting a guy like William Ming, who BTW probably projects best as an OG but may fit in as a 3-4 DE in your defense.

its funny, anytime we sign anybody who is rated highly they still have to prove it on a college football field. however, anytime AU signs somebody they are all world all talent, no matter what. as usual, everybody that UA signs is overrated and anybody that AU signs is underrated. btw, you never did answer in the other thread, what of your evaluation of Terrence Cody? seemed to be off quite a bit, especially the comment about using half of his eligibility to lose enough weight.

and as for Donald Ford, he seems awful small to be a DE. 6'2" 190 lbs even for a DE? i hope he can put on some weight pretty quick. you guys didn't sign a DE under 240 in the 08 class, under 226 in 07, under 233 in 06. he seems more suited to stay a LB judging by the size of guys you have been taking for DE. just because some kid performs well at your camp does not mean he is the end all be all world beater of all at his position. for all you know if one of our guys had gone to your camp he would have made Ford look like a scrub.

Bama is getting the Nico's, Dre's, Kendalls, etc.. because they grew up Alabama fans. It is no suprise to me that Nico committed to Bama he said he has always been a Bama fan. I think Dre and Tana will follow suit probably Kendall also. I see no problems with Auburn recruiting. We have loads of talent on the field and waiting in the wings and will continue to do so.

Well, we have about 3 openings, and Bama has 11 openings. You do the math.

we had the same amount of recruits this time last year......that didn't seem to work out too badly for us if you ask me. i'll take quality over quantity anyday.

We're not getting dominated. CTT is doing his usual job of evaluating and locking up talent. Oh and by the way, did anyone notice how many true freshmen from that "Subpar" class he signed while hunting in Arkansas, played a significant role or minutes in the game Saturday? Eric Smith, Neiko Thorpe, D'Antoine Hood, Darvin Adams, Pierre Louis (Didn't get a chance to show off) Spencer Pybus...to name a few.

What IS happening is that both programs in this State are quickly becoming very relevant on the national scene and our beloved Iron Bowl is going to make people sit up and take notice again the next few years. It's actually going to mean something again.

We're not.

Explain how you're not.

it still doesn't change the fact that we are beating you for the top talent in the state, but keep clinging to that 6 as your feel-good catchall.

Nothing I love more than a bammer clinging to recruiting rankings rather than beating your arch rival.

I didn't intend to flame that bad. I just want Auburn to be recognized as an elite program and get the elite recruits. Like I said earlier, I am tired of settling for average. Like Tommy Tuberville said, "to get to the next point we can't keep doing as is".

Anyone think sabear's number 1 class is so great AFTER counting non-qualifyers ? Anyone wonder why AU beats everyone's won/loss record in the SEC except LSU over the last three years? ( We're tied ) We will continue to get top players and be successful. We won't get ALL the best, but we'll get our share.

How many of bammer's felons do you want us to recruit ?

Anyone think sabear's number 1 class is so great AFTER counting non-qualifyers ? Yes. 2nd in the nation. Is that bad?

Anyone wonder why AU beats everyone's won/loss record in the SEC except LSU over the last three years? ( We're tied ) No I don't wonder, ya'll are a good program

We will continue to get top players and be successful. Yes, this is more than likely true

We won't get ALL the best, but we'll get our share. Yes, this is more than likely true

How many of bammer's felons do you want us to recruit ? As many as you already do, most of them.

Win, and they will come.

So the past few years bama has sucked. But a lot of kids don't care how bad a program is, because they think they are the one that will be able to change things. Coaches know this. I think it was kindof a bandwagon effect last year with Jones, Harris, Scott, etc. thinking that they could turn the tide.

This year we need to be undefeated going into the ironbowl. Then we need to drag bama up and down the field. We need to dominate that game. Tubs needs to run the score up. We need to dishearten bama's freshman class. The very idea, ha, thinking they could turn things around. We need every one of those kids to wish they wore orange and blue. The bama nation needs a legitimate reason to think that "the process" is not working.

We need a national title.

We're not.

Explain how you're not.

Yeah...you're right...we're crazy for feeling good about what acually happens on the field. B)

:au::homer:

I'm an old Auburn man through and through but I have to say I've never seen so much Kool-aid drinking from so many Auburn fans, probably very young ones at that. Anyone knows that football dominance is like a pendalum and swings back and forth most of the time. I don't care what anyone of the "learned" in-your face people say, the Bammers have gotten who they wanted pretty much over the past two years, including many we wanted. I won't argue that Tubs has done an excellent job of judging talent up until now but he has also had a mixture of 4 and 5 star kids that seem to grow less and less each year. i.e. Burns, Zeimba, Blackmon, et al. There's no question that over time, given the present performance and recruiting, the Bammers will pull even with us and possibly overtake us. That's not a conjecture, that's a fact for anyone to see unless the kool-aid glass fogs the picture up. Personally, I've never liked bragging too much because the cost of being wrong is great and because the Bammers have always done it so much to us.

Well, we have about 3 openings, and Bama has 11 openings. You do the math.

I did...SIX and O, in the last six years. :)

:au::homer:

Archived