BOYCOTT A-DAY

SKCAUB

Join me, by NOT joining me at A-Day this year!

I have been taking my kids and grand kids to A-Day for years. I have been a season ticket holder for 14 consecutive years, plus on other occasions in the 80's and such...I have been an Auburn fan since I was 7, in 1956. I have spent a FORTUNE at Auburn...food, drinks, accommodations, AU gear, gas, oil, my time, my money, my heart, my soul...and I'm telling you, it's time to make a stand and hit em in the wallet. BOYCOTT A-DAY!!!

And P.S....Gogue and Jacobs need to resign IMMEDIATELY!!!

:au::homer:

I have been taking my kids and grand kids to A-Day for years. I have been a season ticket holder for 14 consecutive years, plus on other occasions in the 80's and such...I have been an Auburn fan since I was 7, in 1956. I have spent a FORTUNE at Auburn...food, drinks, accommodations, AU gear, gas, oil, my time, my money, my heart, my soul...and I'm telling you, it's time to make a stand and hit em in the wallet. BOYCOTT A-DAY!!!

Good don't come!!! We don't need you!!!!! Spend your money in West Vance!!!! STUPID people make me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

That hurts the team not the coach, and for what it's worth usually only half the stadium is full on A-Day anyways...

Are you kidding? We get 30,000 there every A-DAY. Knock that down to 5,000 or 10,000...and watch em squirm.

So go if you want...obviously I wasn't talking to you. I'm tired of being Lowder's sucker.

That hurts the team not the coach, and for what it's worth usually only half the stadium is full on A-Day anyways...

Are you kidding? We get 30,000 there every A-DAY. Knock that down to 5,000 or 10,000...and watch em squirm.

So go if you want...obviously I wasn't talking to you. I'm tired of being Lowder's sucker.

Ok, I was wrong about half the stadium being full on A-Day make that less than half the stadium is full, I'm sorry you feel the way you do right now you have a lot of anger and that is clear to everyone, and if you can get the # down to 5 or 10,000 we oughta hire you for the coaching position.

No disrespect intended but why not try a new hobby like golf or fishing? I'm sure AU won't miss your money. I predict A-Day in '09 may be the biggest in quite some time. War Eagle!

I'll be there LOUD and PROUD! :cheer:

Lets reverse this thread.

Now, who will join ME in cheering on our Tigers??!!!

100% agree with everyone else....Grow up and get over it....start supporting our University.

I've had enough of the crap now....Yeah it sucked...Yeah JJ needs to be canned....but we can't and won't get that tonight or anytime soon...I'd rather he be right and Chizik win the SEC next year!!

WDE!!

Look, it's not the hire I wanted either. But I'm not going to hurt the kids who choose to come sweat and bleed for Auburn by boycotting them. And Chizik doesn't deserve to be treated badly either. He wanted out of a hellhole for coaches that I'm sure he wishes he'd never gone to. ISU is Vandy without all the smart kids. They haven't won a conference title since 1912 and it's not even as tough as the SEC. He's our coach now and not supporting him hurts Auburn. Yes, JJ is an idiot, but this isn't the way to voice that disapproval. Besides you know as well as I do that if CGC starts winning, you'll be there cheering like you supported it the whole time.

Everyone needs to settle down a bit.

Look, it's not the hire I wanted either. But I'm not going to hurt the kids who choose to come sweat and bleed for Auburn by boycotting them. And Chizik doesn't deserve to be treated badly either. He wanted out of a hellhole for coaches that I'm sure he wishes he'd never gone to. ISU is Vandy without all the smart kids. They haven't won a conference title since 1912 and it's not even as tough as the SEC. He's our coach now and not supporting him hurts Auburn. Yes, JJ is an idiot, but this isn't the way to voice that disapproval. Besides you know as well as I do that if CGC starts winning, you'll be there cheering like you supported it the whole time.

Everyone needs to settle down a bit.

Very good post TT!

War Damn Eagle!!!!! Gene may be what we need, you never know. Give him a chance to prove himself one way or the other!!!!

Good don't come!!! We don't need you!!!!! Spend your money in West Vance!!!! STUPID people make me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

One could argue that it is stupid to BLINDLY follow anything that Auburn does..no matter how wrong it is. SKCAUB did not say that Auburn people should not support Auburn...he recommended boycotting A-day, one non-important game as a protest against having IDIOTS running OUR university. Maybe you think that is a stupid gesture...maybe you are right, but I ask you...HOW SHOULD TRUE AUBURN MEN AND WOMEN SHOW OUR DISGUST FOR THE CLASSLESS AND MORONIC WAY THAT OUR ADMINISTRATION TREATED ANOTHER TRUE AUBURN MAN THAT, IN THE PROCESS, HURT OUT ATHLETIC PROGRAM?

I do not have an answer to the question above, but I admire SKCAUB for not being completely mindless by ignoring what the leaders of our university have done.

One could argue that it is stupid to BLINDLY follow anything that Auburn does..no matter how wrong it is. SKCAUB did not say that Auburn people should not support Auburn...he recommended boycotting A-day, one non-important game as a protest against having IDIOTS running OUR university. Maybe you think that is a stupid gesture...maybe you are right, but I ask you...HOW SHOULD TRUE AUBURN MEN AND WOMEN SHOW OUR DISGUST FOR THE CLASSLESS AND MORONIC WAY THAT OUR ADMINISTRATION TREATED ANOTHER TRUE AUBURN MAN THAT, IN THE PROCESS, HURT OUT ATHLETIC PROGRAM?

I do not have an answer to the question above, but I admire SKCAUB for not being completely mindless by ignoring what the leaders of our university have done.

The problem with that is our men will be on the field.

They are more important than jay jacobs.

It may be just an A Day game but our tigers will be in Jordan Hare Stadium playing football and I for one will support them.

With the attitude some of you guys have. I don't want you there anyway. Please stay home.

Think real hard OK? Do you really think the fans will boycott A-Day? Maybe the 70 folks that marched in protest the other day will.

Boycotting the A-day game because you don't like what the PTBs at Auburn did goes against being an Auburn man or woman.

Regardless of how stupid our PTBs are, we should support the staff that is put together and the players. These young men have no say in who is hired to coach them and we need to support them no matter what.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REMEMBER THE AU CREED, and not let your feelings about the Auburn PTBs change your love for Auburn. I admit I had some hard feelings about the way things were handled after CTT "resigned" and was doubting if the reason I was an AU man existed anymore. Since then, I have realized that no "suit and tie" at Auburn is going to change my love for Auburn and everything about it.

We do not need to be like UT and UAT fans that disappear from the stands when things are not going as good as we like.

Boycotting the A-day game because you don't like what the PTBs at Auburn did goes against being and Auburn man or woman.

Regardless of how stupid our PTBs are, we should support the staff that is put together and the players. These young man have no say in who is hired to coach them and we need to support them no matter what.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REMEMBER THE AU CREED, and not let your feelings about the Auburn PTBs change your love for Auburn. I admit I had some hard feelings about the way things were handled after CTT "resigned" and was doubting if the reason I was an AU man existed anymore. Since then, I have realized that no suit and tie at Auburn is going to change my love for Auburn and everything about it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boycotting the A-day game because you don't like what the PTBs at Auburn did goes against being and Auburn man or woman.

Regardless of how stupid our PTBs are, we should support the staff that is put together and the players. These young man have no say in who is hired to coach them and we need to support them no matter what.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REMEMBER THE AU CREED, and not let your feelings about the Auburn PTBs change your love for Auburn. I admit I had some hard feelings about the way things were handled after CTT "resigned" and was doubting if the reason I was an AU man existed anymore. Since then, I have realized that no suit and tie at Auburn is going to change my love for Auburn and everything about it.

We do not need to be like UT and UAT fans that disappear from the stands when things are not going as good as we like.

I absolutely like your attitude, Ranger, but do you really think that boycotting a practice game for the stated reason of protesting incompetent leadership "goes against being and Auburn man or woman"? I agree that all Auburn men and women should support our players and coaches, but it is not smart to support EVERYTHING about Auburn without thinking about what it is you are supporting. I do not necessarily agree that boycotting the A-day game is a good idea but I ask again, how can true Auburn men and women show our disapproval?

SKCAUB should not be condemned for his post and neither should I for mine. There is a REAL problem with the leadership of our university and putting our heads in the sand and shouting "War Eagle" is not going to fix it. The question is can we fix the problem, or at least put it out into the open without hurting the university that we love. UT and UAT fans have NOTHING to do with this.

Dr. Tom, do you really think boycotting the A-Day game is going to send any type of message? It is not like we were filling the stands already, so do you think the PTBs would notice the difference.

Think about what I am saying. It is about the players, not the PTBs. Nobody is telling you what you should like or dislike. My disdain for the PTBs at Auburn is well documented on this board. However, I am not going to express my disdain for this hire by not supporting him or the players. He is our coach now, whether you agree with the hire or not. So how is boycotting the A-Day game helping our coaching staff and players while hurting the PTBs?

Emotions are running high right now, but let's try to be logical and realize why we are Auburn men and women instead of forgetting why we are Auburn men and women. We don't stop supporting our team just because a bunch of greedy suits and ties make a decision we don't like.

Like I said, for the first time ever I started having some doubts about my loyalty. I thought because the PTBs are not upholding the principles that I believe in as an AU man, that maybe the AU I love does not exist anymore. However, those raw emotions went away and just as coaches come and go, one day those same PTBs will be gone and we can hope to replace them with somebody that does uphold the principles of the AU Creed much better.

You want to make a difference? Then bombard Governor Riley, who appoints the trustees. Don't punish the coaches and players. My comment was not calling you out by saying you were not a true AU man, but rather asking you to reflect on why you are an AU man and if boycotting the A-Day game is something you deep down really think is the right thing to do.

And Chizik doesn't deserve to be treated badly either. He wanted out of a hellhole for coaches that I'm sure he wishes he'd never gone to.

I can understand people being upset. HOWEVER, there are ways to express disappointment and correct people to have it sent to. Letters with TUF donations, civil visits to JJ, organized (appropriate) petitions, letters etc. are examples. All the negativity should be directed to the PTB and them alone. They were responsible for selecting the most qualified for a job many would be interested in. I would have taken the job if it was offered to me, so I can't blame Chizik for taking it. The responsibility lies in the hands of the hirer not the hire e. It has been done, so we should support the team and coachs. However, measures should be taken to correct the flaws in our "system" or this will happen over and over regardless of who is the pulling the strings. But again, appropriately (e.g. not yelling at the airport)

I don't agree with the hire, but it was done. I'll be researching crow recipes over the next year in hopes to be eating a lot of it. My expectations aren't high, but hopes are. My heart's still in it just the same. :au:

One good thing, we'll have a great understanding of the Tennessee defense. B)

This is a great idea, but don't expect the morons on here to get it. They think you should show blind allegiance to Lowder.

This is a great idea, but don't expect the morons on here to get it. They think you should show blind allegiance to Lowder.

No you dont get it. You would only be doing further harm to Auburn and its student athletes. This is still about them. If you want to complain or make your voice heard, please do not do it at the expense of your fellow Auburn brothers and sisters. If you wish to hurt everyone while trying to get your point across then you are not an Auburn man/woman.

You know what? I really think you need to stop and think what AUBURN means to you! You're not going to SUPPORT your so called beloved university because YOU THINK they made a bad hire??????? You're going to intentionaly turn your back on them, try to get others to do the same and try to "get them where it hurts"???? I've NEVER in my life heard of someone intentionaly trying to inflict damage on their TEAM because they don't think the administration of that team made a good choice. I bet you don't really mean this! Surely!

No you dont get it. You would only be doing further harm to Auburn and its student athletes. This is still about them. If you want to complain or make your voice heard, please do not do it at the expense of your fellow Auburn brothers and sisters. If you wish to hurt everyone while trying to get your point across then you are not an Auburn man/woman.

Thank you for proving my point. Oh, and I highlighted the parts you were right about. Good effort.

Archived