moseley ???

woody

Last week there was a lot of talk on this kid! Now nothing, Any news?

Is his dad still pissed? I would love to see this kid in Auburn next year, :cheer::cheer::cheer:

The news is this...the coaching staff wants Cotton. Cotton is going to silently commit and notify all coaches where he is going but wont tell the media. If Moseley gets a solid offer than that basically signifies that Cotton chose Ole Miss. If you dont see Moseley offered then he is likely Auburn bound.

The news is this...the coaching staff wants Cotton. Cotton is going to silently commit and notify all coaches where he is going but wont tell the media. If Moseley gets a solid offer than that basically signifies that Cotton chose Ole Miss. If you dont see Moseley offered then he is likely Auburn bound.

Thanks meta.

Well do you think we end up with Cotton or Moseley? IYHO

Thanks meta.

No idea yet, the staff clearly thinks Cotton is still in play or else they would have offered Moseley by now. There was a post over on the Scout board yesterday that claimed that Ole Miss has all of a sudden started recruiting Moseley very hard...if that is the case than they may not be very confident about Cotton either and may think he is Auburn bound.

What I do know is that a lot of people are going to look like idiots for bashing Cotton if he ends up coming back (which I'd say there is a decent chance of happening). He is a better prospect than Moseley.

While we are wishing............what about BOTH?

They only want one QB in this class. No reason to take both. Malzahn probably wants to find his own QB next year.

Thanks meta.

No idea yet, the staff clearly thinks Cotton is still in play or else they would have offered Moseley by now. There was a post over on the Scout board yesterday that claimed that Ole Miss has all of a sudden started recruiting Moseley very hard...if that is the case than they may not be very confident about Cotton either and may think he is Auburn bound.

What I do know is that a lot of people are going to look like idiots for bashing Cotton if he ends up coming back (which I'd say there is a decent chance of happening). He is a better prospect than Moseley.

Well I hope you don't think I'm one of them!

But I think Moseley is a better QB now! I think Cotton has more potential, But you can't really argue that Moseley can throw the ball better can you? That's not a knock is it? Moseley graded at 5.6 Cotton's just a 5.8

And I'm not into Star's that much B/C Chase Daniels 3* Colt McCoy 3* Sam Bradford 3* they did alright

I like the guy who can throw the damn ball now( Accurately) !!! Not the Athlete who we turn into a QB.

That's just my Opinion! I will be happy either way. I just prefer Mosley B/C of his Mr Football award I guess.

There were a lot of people who thought he was the best player in the state or he would not have won that award.

Thanks meta.

But I think Moseley is a better QB now! I think Cotton has more potential, But you can't really argue that Moseley can throw the ball better can you? That's not a knock is it? Moseley graded at 5.6 Cotton's just a 5.8

And I'm not into Star's that much B/C Chase Daniels 3* Colt McCoy 3* Sam Bradford 3* they did alright

I like the guy who can throw the damn ball now( Accurately) !!! Not the Athlete who we turn into a QB.

That's just my Opinion! I will be happy either way. I just prefer Mosley B/C of his Mr Football award I guess.

There were a lot of people who thought he was the best player in the state or he would not have won that award.

Its not all about star rankings, but if you dont believe in stars then your other option is believing in offers. Colt McCoy was a 3-star on Rivals but he still had offers from the two biggest instate schools (Texas and A&M) as well as GTech, Missouri, and other legit D1 schools. He was also a 4-star on Scout BTW so he clearly had some hype. The same can be said for Bradford who also had multiple D1 offers and was ALSO a 4-star on Scout. Moseley's offers as of now are from the likes of UAB, South Alabama, Marshall, Arky State etc. That is a BIG difference in comparison to a guy like McCoy or Bradford. Moseley has some skills and some upside but those comparisons are pretty wild.

Also, it is hard to judge whether or not Moseley is even that much more advanced because he played 2A ball against relatively weak competition. Even if he is more read now it means nothing because honestly do you expect Moseley to start next year? He isn't going to be more advanced than a guy like Trotter or someone else already on roster so who can play first means next to nothing and in that case the obvious choice is to take the guy with much better upside and raw ability. I's also argue that Cotton may be even more ready to play now because the kid is an absolute physical specimen and has the body to play now whereas I've heard that Moseley is a twig and much thinner than what his weight is listed at.

Thanks meta.

Its not all about star rankings, but if you dont believe in stars then your other option is believing in offers. Colt McCoy was a 3-star on Rivals but he still had offers from the two biggest instate schools (Texas and A&M) as well as GTech, Missouri, and other legit D1 schools. He was also a 4-star on Scout BTW so he clearly had some hype. The same can be said for Bradford who also had multiple D1 offers and was ALSO a 4-star on Scout. Moseley's offers as of now are from the likes of UAB, South Alabama, Marshall, Arky State etc. That is a BIG difference in comparison to a guy like McCoy or Bradford. Moseley has some skills and some upside but those comparisons are pretty wild.

Also, it is hard to judge whether or not Moseley is even that much more advanced because he played 2A ball against relatively weak competition. Even if he is more read now it means nothing because honestly do you expect Moseley to start next year? He isn't going to be more advanced than a guy like Trotter or someone else already on roster so who can play first means next to nothing and in that case the obvious choice is to take the guy with much better upside and raw ability. I's also argue that Cotton may be even more ready to play now because the kid is an absolute physical specimen and has the body to play now whereas I've heard that Moseley is a twig and much thinner than what his weight is listed at.

Well I take it your in the cotton Camp! LOL But the ability to Throw the ball is kinda important to a QB .

Not what kind of specimen he is. And luginbill was not impressed with his abilaty to throw the ball!

I'll be happy no matter who we get. But I will defer to you on the best recruit, You know a hell of a lot more about them than I do.. But if Ole miss is going after him (Moseley) to replace Cotton (If they lose him to us)

They must think he (Moseley) is on the same level, Right? just asking? And Sam Bradford was not on Okla Board until T Tech mike leach went after him. That's when the Okie's got interested.

They were talking about that today on ESPN. From nobody wanting him , to the Heisman trophy.

.. But if Ole miss is going after him (Moseley) to replace Cotton (If they lose him to us)

They must think he (Moseley) is on the same level, Right? just asking?

That's not how I'd look at it. I'd say Ole Miss is looking at Moseley as a band-aid; a fall-back in case they can't get the guy they really want. (Cotton)

.. But if Ole miss is going after him (Moseley) to replace Cotton (If they lose him to us)

That's not how I'd look at it. I'd say Ole Miss is looking at Moseley as a band-aid; a fall-back in case they can't get the guy they really want. (Cotton)

I don't know, Maybe it's just me, But I don't see the great difference between the two.

And neither does Rival's If one is rated a 5.8 and the other is rated a 5.6

I just see folk's picking side's and that's not good for either kid, It comes down to who wants to be there.

Cotton decommited and Moseley wants a offer. To me you take the kid that wants it the most.

Take it for what it worth. Which is not much by the way :roflol: just MHO!

I don't know, Maybe it's just me, But I don't see the great difference between the two.

I just see folk's picking side's and that's not good for either kid, It comes down to who wants to be there.

Cotton decommited and Moseley wants a offer. To me you take the kid that wants it the most.

Other than Raymond Cotton being a 4**** & the 11th rated dual-threat QB and Clint Moseley being a 3*** & the rated 19th dual-threat QB you are right.

Exactly what does, "To me you take the kid that wants it the most" mean? How does a kid prove he wants "it" the most? Just asking.

Cotton committed and Moseley wants a offer. To me you take the kid that wants it the most.

Exactly what does, "To me you take the kid that wants it the most" mean? How does a kid prove he wants "it" the most? Just asking.

Well it's pretty easy! Clint and his father both were pissed that Cooper got a offer from Auburn,

After CGM talked to Clint about coming to Auburn. Which meant to me he wants to come to Auburn.

Why the hell would he be pissed? if he did not want the QB job?

And Cotton has De committed from Auburn, and he does not want to come here , IMHO

And I think he is just waiting for a better offer. And if he get one he's gone. What does it mean to you?

And I don't have a problem with Cotton, if we get him fine . He's damn fine recruit.

But the primadonna act is wearing thin with me that's all. I think we could land more skill guy's ,

if they knew we had a QB that could get them the ball. just MHO and it's not worth all that much anyway.

But if I wanted to play QB at Auburn, I would be here talking to every player I thought could help me win.

Not acting like 4 year old who didn't get what he wanted

Cotton committed and Moseley wants a offer. To me you take the kid that wants it the most.

Well it's pretty easy! Clint and his father both were pissed that Cooper got a offer from Auburn,

After CGM talked to Clint about coming to Auburn. Which meant to me he wants to come to Auburn.

And Cotton has De committed from Auburn, and he does not want to come here , IMHO

And I think he is just waiting for a better offer. And if he get one he's gone. What does it mean to you?

And I don't have a problem with Cotton, if we get him fine . He's damn fine recruit.

But the primadonna act is wearing thin with me that's all. I think we could land more skill guy's ,

if they knew we had a QB that could get them the ball. just MHO and it's not worth all that much anyway.

But if I wanted to play QB at Auburn, I would be here talking to every player I thought could help me win.

Clint and his family are Bammer fans. The reason why he wants to be at Auburn so badly is because his other options as of right now are schools the likes of UAB, South Alabama, and company. If those were my offers I'd jump the second a top-tier program like Auburn offered.

Cotton decommitted because we fired the OC he thought he was going to play for, then we fired the HC and then fired the coach who was recruiting him (although Willis was later rehired)...there is absolutely NO blame to a player for decommitting in that situation...NONE. If Cotton recommits to Auburn then he clearly wants to be here.

Clint and his family are Bammer fans. The reason why he wants to be at Auburn so badly is because his other options as of right now are schools the likes of UAB, South Alabama, and company. If those were my offers I'd jump the second a top-tier program like Auburn offered.

Cotton decommitted because we fired the OC he thought he was going to play for, then we fired the HC and then fired the coach who was recruiting him (although Willis was later rehired)...there is absolutely NO blame to a player for decommitting in that situation...NONE. If Cotton recommits to Auburn then he clearly wants to be here.

And I for one will be extremely happy if he does. He has a lot of talent and a lot of up side. With the right coaching he has the opportunity to be a very good college QB.

And I for one will be extremely happy if he does. He has a lot of talent and a lot of up side. With the right coaching he has the opportunity to be a very good college QB.

I hope you guy's are right, And you probably are! I'm a :au: dinosaur anyway.

I remember when a QB could throw the ball, Go figure

I remember when a QB could throw the ball, Go figure.

Woody, this is a serious question, not an attempt to argue: Why do you think Cotton can't "throw the ball"? He was invited to the Elite 11 QB camp last summer, and has some great HS stats. Have you studied a bunch of video or something?

And what Meta said above has been pointed out before: WE fired the coaches Cotton thought he was going to be playing for. Any prospect that didn't do a re-evaluation after that situation would be pretty stupid, no?

I remember when a QB could throw the ball, Go figure.

Woody, this is a serious question, not an attempt to argue: Why do you think Cotton can't "throw the ball"? He was invited to the Elite 11 QB camp last summer, and has some great HS stats. Have you studied a bunch of video or something?

And what Meta said above has been pointed out before: WE fired the coaches Cotton thought he was going to be playing for. Any prospect that didn't do a re-evaluation after that situation would be pretty stupid, no?

Tom Luginbill from ESPN was asked about the Elite 11 and several time's mentioned Cotton.

He said he was not very accurate , And his footwork was not to the level of the other QB's at the camp.

And said he was a project player, Not Quite a glowing endorsement is it?

Couple that with the De Commit, His Daddy's comment's About Auburn! And I got over the Guy.

Sorry, If we get him fine, Like I said he's a Damn fine Recruit. But I don't think he's

That much better than some of the other's . Like Moseley Or Cooper Or Tyrik Rollison.

That's just MHO I'm not saying don't sign the Guy. Just not his biggest fan that's all.

If Luginbill said he blew the door's off I would be Excited about him. But he didn't , And I'm not!

I'm just going by a Expert who watched him play, that's all. But I trust Meta on this one ,I hope he's right

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...recruitId=59398

ESPN's Tom Luginbill spoke about the commitment, "Well, he certainly looks the part. Cotton has all the measurables you want-big, strong, very good arm and a great athlete to boot. In time, he could end up being a fine passer, but needs refinement in a passing game that will force him to win with his arm and not just his legs. He can see the field, he can make all the throws and he can throw on the run which makes him dangerous."

I'd really like to see a top quality QB (whoever) go ahead and show the world they want to be an Auburn tiger. You know darn well that most of these "holdouts" already know where they want to end up after all this "hoopla" is over and done with.

Luginbill's comments about him being raw are true...you are talking about a kid who came from a HS which ran a Wing-T offense his JR year. He had never spent time with an actual QB coach which is why his footwork was so far off it wasn't even funny. All that stuff is true, but do you realize how impressive it is when everyone knows you are extremely raw yet are blown away at the fact that every once in a while you'll make a play better than everyone else there who have been receiving coaching since they were in the 9th grade if not earlier? Cotton's upside is through the roof which is why he was invited to the Elite 11 despite clearly not being ready or even a top 11 QB.

Luginbill's comments about him being raw are true...you are talking about a kid who came from a HS which ran a Wing-T offense his JR year. He had never spent time with an actual QB coach which is why his footwork was so far off it wasn't even funny. All that stuff is true, but do you realize how impressive it is when everyone knows you are extremely raw yet are blown away at the fact that every once in a while you'll make a play better than everyone else there who have been receiving coaching since they were in the 9th grade if not earlier? Cotton's upside is through the roof which is why he was invited to the Elite 11 despite clearly not being ready or even a top 11 QB.

Like I said, You know more than I do about recruiting and the recruits (WAY MORE)

So I will trust you on this one. But do most of the other QB's know who they will be playing for By now?

His upside may be through the roof, But he is very immature and has a lot to prove.

I sure hope your right about this kid. B/C Auburn and others have passed on kids like

Phillip River's and Pat White for kids with potential. You need to be a winner and be smart Too

Not just flashy. So come on down Mr Cotton, :cheer: If meta like's you, :cheer: So can I.

Like I said, You know more than I do about recruiting and the recruits (WAY MORE)

So I will trust you on this one. But do most of the other QB's know who they will be playing for By now?

His upside may be through the roof, But he is very immature and has a lot to prove.

I sure hope your right about this kid. B/C Auburn and others have passed on kids like

Phillip River's and Pat White for kids with potential. You need to be a winner and be smart Too

Not just flashy. So come on down Mr Cotton, :cheer: If meta like's you, :cheer: So can I.

:blink: Uhhh... you know this guy personally or something? Where did that come from?

Archived