Auburn vs. Miss State

RunInRed

Wow, what a great game. The three's were raining. Someone said the game broke a record for the most 3s attempted in a game in SEC history since the 3 point shot was implemented. I didn't hear if the number made was also a record but surely it was. I ran into Wes Person and his kids at the game. He and brother Chuck were great players at AU and both are class guys. Wes had a few problems but nothing serious.

How was the attendance? I couldn't really tell by the TV coverage, but the crowd sounded pretty loud at times.

At this point, 8-8 in league would be an acceptable outcome...it seems very strange that we haven't played LSU yet, but they're going to be tough to handle in Baton Rouge.

Right now, if you told me that we'd win @ Georgia, Ole Miss at home and @ Alabama, I'd take it...and those are games that our guys should be expected to win.

Beating LSU at home in the last game of the season isn't out of the realm of possibility, but it's not a game I'd say we *should* win at this point.

Postseason past the SECT = Lebo keeps his job.

Incredible game today. Someone else mentioned the SEC record for 3's attempted during the game... They combined for 62 attempts. old conference game record was 46 and the old record involving an SEC team was (i believe) 56. Waller was on fire all game. Hit his first 5 three's and finished 8-12. Nice win for the tigers..

Anyone think we have a shot at the Big Dance. I'm thinking no unless we run just about every game. I'm hoping for an NIT birth...That may allow Lebo to keep his job. We'll see. I thought when we gave up the lead we'd fold but we didn't....I'm liking the way we are playing. We are still a bit too dependent on the 3 point shot...but when waller is that hot you have to keep firing it up. If we can beat uga we'd be over .500. Remember we only won 5 SEC games last year and we just tied that mark. WDE and let's keep the wins coming.

4 and 12 in Conference games last year. So, they have already improved on that dismal mark. Winning at Miss. State or LSU are just about out of the question. Alabama is having a bad year, but they are still tough at home, so I would not count on that game as a win. That means this Wednesday game a UGA is huge. Ole Miss here will not be easy, but it is very winnable and LSU might very well have 1st place in the West wrapped up when they visit Auburn. That would help.

Wow, what a great game. The three's were raining. Someone said the game broke a record for the most 3s attempted in a game in SEC history since the 3 point shot was implemented. I didn't hear if the number made was also a record but surely it was. I ran into Wes Person and his kids at the game. He and brother Chuck were great players at AU and both are class guys. Wes had a few problems but nothing serious.

How was the attendance? I couldn't really tell by the TV coverage, but the crowd sounded pretty loud at times.

Not great. I didn't hear a number but I doubt it was more than 5-6K. One problem is the students aren't supporting BB. The number of students there was pitiful and I think student tickets are only $2.

I also encountered a problem buying tickets that may add to the problem. In advance of games, you have to get tickets thru the regular ticket office (ground floor). I went there Friday afternoon expecting no problem getting good tickets since the crowds had been small. But the guy said the best seats they had was low behing the goals. I was suprised and told him so. He said I should come over 1 1/2 hours before the game started and check with the tickert windows on the upper level, I was again surprised. I said isn't all the same ticket operation. He said no it was two seperate systems. That blew me away. You wonder how many people call the ticket office during the week only to find out there aren't any good seats so don't come, not knowing there are better seats right before the game. Strange operation to me. Im my case they lost two sales in the end. A friend who is a BB Scholarship Donor had two extras he gave me. Great seats and free food before the game.

That is a bizarre way to conduct business, especially considering the product we've put on the court for the last several years...I'd think you'd want to make it as easy as possible for people to buy decent seats if they are available.

$2 for student tickets? If that's true, that's unbelieveable...talk about something that hasn't gone up that much in 20 years' time...they were $1 a game from '87 to '91, or you could buy a basketball season ticket for $10 that you got hole-punched at every game. I went to every one I could, so it worked out to something like .70 per game...pretty good deal, especially my freshman year when Chris Morris was still around and we had a good team.

Archived