Textgate

Rocket City Tiger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bammers will pooh pooh this but it is just the tip of an iceberg and the Turdtanic is heading straight into it.

I doubt anything will come about it. They suspended the kids for 4 games. That's not too bad for this violation. I don't know what else their university could've done, unless there is something that hasn't been reported.

The NCAA has to prove that UA knew about this and didn't do anything, right? I see that hard to believe.

PT - do you have some insider knowledge on what the rest of the iceberg is? Or are you just getting your hopes up, only to settle for disappointment?

shouldn't they be? I mean, Textbook gate, Hoovergate, etc... They might as well save some time and look into all of the corruption at once. Go ahead and put this program out of its misery...

shouldn't they be? I mean, Textbook gate, Hoovergate, etc... They might as well save some time and look into all of the corruption at once. Go ahead and put this program out of its misery...

I'm sure that's what you want. :rolleyes:

YEP. Its exactly what i want.

It's better than waking up to find an easter basket full of candy next to your bed, smelling bacon cooking in the kitchen, realizing that today is Christmas, and knowing that your mother is bringing over Thanksgiving dinner. All at once.

If the bad portion of your fans stay away from AU and gravitate towards UM or LSU, that'd be great.

That will never happen but something minor will probably come out of this. I don't see why the NC2A would do anything about it since they didn't do anything to USC. It is a good conversation piece during this dead period.

That will never happen but something minor will probably come out of this. I don't see why the NC2A would do anything about it since they didn't do anything to USC. It is a good conversation piece during this dead period.

You forget USC is in the media mecca of the world, and Bammer is an SEC team, in Alabama. Not even close to the same thing here....

You forget USC is in the media mecca of the world, and Bammer is an SEC team, in Alabama. Not even close to the same thing here....

I thought New York was the media mecca of the world.....

I'd be real careful throwing out those absolutes. And yes, anytime the ncaa is in t-town, its great conversation. Remember these words....REPEAT OFFENDER.... :)

I'd be real careful throwing out those absolutes. And yes, anytime the ncaa is in t-town, its great conversation. Remember these words....REPEAT OFFENDER.... :)

If the NC2A doesn't do anything about USC then they shouldn't do anything to Bama or anybody else. After all we are talking about books being sold for $1500 at Bama while Bush and his family were getting a house to live in that cost $60,000 a year. Lets all not be to naive because anybody that follows college football knows that EVERYBODY CHEATS. Just go to the NC2A website and search for infractions or rules violations and look at the top of the list. Very interesting....

If the NC2A doesn't do anything about USC then they shouldn't do anything to Bama or anybody else. After all we are talking about books being sold for $1500 at Bama while Bush and his family were getting a house to live in that cost $60,000 a year. Lets all not be to naive because anybody that follows college football knows that EVERYBODY CHEATS. Just go to the NC2A website and search for infractions or rules violations and look at the top of the list. Very interesting....

Who says the scales are equal?

Who says the textbook thing is the ONLY thing being investigated?

I'd be real careful throwing out those absolutes. And yes, anytime the ncaa is in t-town, its great conversation. Remember these words....THREE TIME OFFENDER.... :)

Fixed that for ya....The Albert Means case was considered a "Repeat Offender" because uat was still under the NCAA Cloud from the previous Violations.

For the record, this isn't about USC...its about the corruption that is UAT..... please keep up..

The difference now is that uat no longer has bryant there with the ncaa in his back pocket to set up other programs like auburn to keep them away from his own program anymore. Now, when uat cheats, like they've done for nearly 100 years, they have to actually answer for it. We call that JUSTICE.....

I'd be real careful throwing out those absolutes. And yes, anytime the ncaa is in t-town, its great conversation. Remember these words....THREE TIME OFFENDER.... :)

Fixed that for ya....The Albert Means case was considered a "Repeat Offender" because uat was still under the NCAA Cloud from the previous Violations.

Thanks for the backup and correction. Here is an excerpt from their latest run in with the law that validates that info.....thanks..

Of foremost concern to the committee is that this is the second time in two years that the university has appeared before the committee as a repeat major violator under NCAA Bylaw 19.6.2.3, following a major infractions case in football in 1995 (1999 men's basketball and 2001 football). In each case, the violations involved the provision or offer of significant benefits to enrolled or prospective student-athletes or their high-school coaches by university coaches or representatives of the university's athletic interests. Moreover, the committee was troubled by the fact that the violations set forth in Finding II-A occurred shortly after the release of its 1995 major infractions case, which also involved the football program and which included violations committed by representatives of the institution’s athletics interests.

FUN FUN FUN...

For the record, this isn't about USC...its about the corruption that is UAT..... please keep up..

The difference now is that uat no longer has bryant there with the ncaa in his back pocket to set up other programs like auburn to keep them away from his own program anymore. Now, when uat cheats, like they've done for nearly 100 years, they have to actually answer for it. We call that JUSTICE.....

AU set themselves up trying to keep up with Bama back in the Bryant era. As far as corruption goes; I will be the first to tell you Bama has it along with every other school in america. What I don't understand is this text book thing surfaced in the middle of the 2007 season, 5 players were suspended and then reinstated by the NC2A and now there is a problem. I am going to sit on it for now and see how it plays out. And like I said earlier: EVERYBODY CHEATS..don't kid yourselves. I'll be a man and take the blows for now.

E'Town as much as I don't care for you, I do agree with you.

The university didn't try to hide this. They immediately reported it. Players were suspended, and I don't see how USC didn't get in trouble for what they did.

On a second note, can you please stop saying NC2A. It actually takes more time to type that sense your finger has to get to the A anyway.

Archived