Textgate

Rocket City Tiger

E'Town as much as I don't care for you, I do agree with you.

The university didn't try to hide this. They immediately reported it. Players were suspended, and I don't see how USC didn't get in trouble for what they did.

On a second note, can you please stop saying NC2A. It actually takes more time to type that sense your finger has to get to the A anyway.

If they have been so open, why did they keep it a secret that they redceived an LOI in Nov. 2007 folowed up by a notice of possible MAJOR infractions in May 2008. MAJOR means they are looking into stuff much more serious than the textbook issue. Bammers can say what they want but they better fasten their seatbelts.

When I said a long time ago they had received a PLOI, all the bammers here scoffed. Where are they now? The best gage in all of this is the reaction of bama fans themselves. They are scared to death and their boards are full of fans accepting the fact they are in deep trouble. Reality is setting it and they know it.

Proud Tiger, as much as I don't care for you, I do agree with you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E'Town4Bama: Not flaming here, but were the players cleared by the NCAA or by UAT? I was not aware of any NCAA involvement until now. Doesn't really make sense that they cleared them then and are looking into it now.

You don't care for me? Yea, another sucess with a bammer :cheer:

E'Town4Bama: Not flaming here, but were the players cleared by the NCAA or by UAT? I was not aware of any NCAA involvement until now. Doesn't really make sense that they cleared them then and are looking into it now.

This quote is from al.com

"Center Antoine Caldwell, running back Glen Coffee, offensive guard Marlon Davis, cornerback Marquis Johnson and cornerback Chris Rogers ultimately were suspended for four games before being reinstated by NCAA reinstatement services and the Southeastern Conference."

You don't care for me? Yea, another sucess with a bammer :cheer:

Come on now, you can't count him twice... seeing as how we all know he's Birmingham, amirite?

TIFWIW....but, I'm hearing that there's more stuff that is coming to light and this involves more players than just the Textbook 5. Apparently, whatever is starting to rear it's head, is Huge (bigger than Memphis, Huge). I don't have a link, nor do I have that much information on whatever it is...so, I'll just leave it at that, that I'm hearing that there's fire in the smoke. We shall see, within the next Month or so.

TIFWIW....but, I'm hearing that there's more stuff that is coming to light and this involves more players than just the Textbook 5. Apparently, whatever is starting to rear it's head, is Huge (bigger than Memphis, Huge). I don't have a link, nor do I have that much information on whatever it is...so, I'll just leave it at that, that I'm hearing that there's fire in the smoke. We shall see, within the next Month or so.

...which is of course, the Big Question.

The textbook deal alone, even with repeat offender or Failure to Monitor, isn't likely to bring crippling penalties, IMO--a few scholarships, some recruiting restrictions, or at worst, some forfeits--all which won't hurt them much. Besides, if Franchione was smart enough to wrangle a trip to Hawaii during their post-season ban, you know someone as sneaky as Nick will exploit every loophole.

...BUT: If there are more charges coming...or if the NCAA is in a particularly nasty mood because of things they know but can't prove (or is fed up with lawsuits)...then all bets are off on how ugly it could get.

I don't have any "non-media" sources other than this board, really, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping y'all are right. I have a birthday coming up in May--Guess what my birthday wish is! B)

The textbook deal alone, even with repeat offender or Failure to Monitor, isn't likely to bring crippling penalties, IMO--a few scholarships, some recruiting restrictions, or at worst, some forfeits--all which won't hurt them much. Besides, if Franchione was smart enough to wrangle a trip to Hawaii during their post-season ban, you know someone as sneaky as Nick will exploit every loophole.

...BUT: If there are more charges coming...or if the NCAA is in a particularly nasty mood because of things they know but can't prove (or is fed up with lawsuits)...then all bets are off on how ugly it could get.

I don't have any "non-media" sources other than this board, really, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping y'all are right. I have a birthday coming up in May--Guess what my birthday wish is! B)

Bigger than Albert Means?

....Andre Smith?

....Andre Smith?

:lol: Yeah, neither one of them looked like they passed up many meals...

This is the question that begs to be asked... when the Textbook 5 went to purchase books for 3x the amount that books normally go for in a semester/quarter, what went through their heads? Was it "Man, I hope these guys don't check to see if my books match my classes because I could be kicked off the team." or was it "It's sweet how coach let's us buy all these extra books and no one cares."?

I mean seriously, it has to be clear to them that this was stealing and since they (supposedly) weren't making any profit, are we to believe that they would risk their athletic futures just to help somebody out? The whole thing begs indifference by the administration, a wink and a as they overlook yet another 'perk' to being a UAT football player.

My theory... JJ was accepting books for crack.

....Andre Smith?

I'm hearing that it's going to be huge.....bigger than Terrence Cody, huge.

....Andre Smith?

I'm hearing that it's going to be huge.....bigger than Terrence Cody, huge.

Dang I did't know it was that big huge!

Is anybody on a Bama board? Is there any speculation there that this NCAA situation goes beyond the textbook problem?

Is anybody on a Bama board? Is there any speculation there that this NCAA situation goes beyond the textbook problem?

Most of them are taking this approach. <_<

head-in-the-sand.jpg

The ones that aren't are going with the theory that the Tide is being unfairly picked on.

NCAA is a little overdue in making it to T-town but you had to know the day UAT signed Saban they would be there. His track record + their track record = death penalty.

NCAA is a little overdue in making it to T-town but you had to know the day UAT signed Saban they would be there. His track record + their track record = death penalty.

I've heard a lot of people say that, but does he have a track record of cheating, or being caught cheating? I don't think there were any santions at LSU and I don't remember hearing anything about Michigan State.

Yeah and, the ones that aren't sticking their heads in the sand (Shane from F-Baum included), they're trying their best to contact Troy King, Richard Shelby, and other Higher Ups to try to stop the NCAA.

Question is....if there's nothing to the Textbook 5 or "other things", then why are they doing everything they can to try to stop the NCAA???

I've heard a lot of people say that, but does he have a track record of cheating, or being caught cheating? I don't think there were any santions at LSU and I don't remember hearing anything about Michigan State.

There were investigations at both MSU and LSU that disappeared abruptly upon Saban's resignation. I believe there were some problems at Toledo as well. Not to mention that the next time Saban tells the truth it will also be the first time he tells the truth.

Archived