Textgate

Rocket City Tiger

A lot of people commit murder every day, but that doesn't make it right.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people commit murder every day, but that doesn't make it right.

OJ got away with it. Maybe its because he went to USC.

Is there any evidence USC had direct involvement in Bush's parent's getting anything?

This is about inadequate monitoring at UAT.

And, Boom goes the dynamite. If we are to compare cases, we could say that UAT isn't responsible for whatever Andre Smith got from the agent. However, they are responsible for the textbooks that are distributed for athletes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for other stuff as well.

Is there any evidence USC had direct involvement in Bush's parent's getting anything?

How can you monitor every little thing. A lot of other schools across the country were doing the same thing Bama was doing with the books. Why Bama and not them? I can take a pen out of my pocket and give it to a recruit or a student athlete and it is a violation. It's ridiculous. If Bama gets caught cheating, they get caught cheating and I will be the first to admit it but EVERYBODY CHEATS so why not everyone be treated the same. But then again, the whole problem with our country is that everybody is not treated the same. The ncaa can dig up anything on any school if they want. I guess we should call them the IRS.

UA didn't have any direct involvement with the Textbook situation either.

Yeah, except that they oversee it. :rolleyes:

Eggsackery...that is where the "Failure to Monitor" charge comes into play.

did you get that from Chris King?

shouldn't they be? I mean, Textbook gate, Hoovergate, etc... They might as well save some time and look into all of the corruption at once. Go ahead and put this program out of its misery...

I'm sure that's what you want. :rolleyes:

YEP. Its exactly what i want.

That will never happen but something minor will probably come out of this. I don't see why the NC2A would do anything about it since they didn't do anything to USC. It is a good conversation piece during this dead period.

I'd be real careful throwing out those absolutes. And yes, anytime the ncaa is in t-town, its great conversation. Remember these words....REPEAT OFFENDER.... :)

If the NC2A doesn't do anything about USC then they shouldn't do anything to Bama or anybody else. After all we are talking about books being sold for $1500 at Bama while Bush and his family were getting a house to live in that cost $60,000 a year. Lets all not be to naive because anybody that follows college football knows that EVERYBODY CHEATS. Just go to the NC2A website and search for infractions or rules violations and look at the top of the list. Very interesting....

Oh I see what your doing. You ever take the time to actual go and look at the infractions that lead to those probations? If so then you have to admit that the University of Alabama deserves probation for this as it is on the same level as many of the cases putting people at the top of that list.

Hence I don't believe Alabama should be excused cause of USC.

Didn't Ball State lose like 3 scholly's over text book cheating? I think it was a case that was much larger than the bammer case, but they lost scholly's just the same. However, I don't think Ball State actually suspended players on their own and the NCAA reinstated the players.......

As I said before, the real potential problem for the Bammers is that this investigation will "open all the books" so to speak and also involve potential recruiting violations as well as other things. If I were them, being a repeat offender, I would be shaking in my boots. Just a limitation on schollys would impact them and Saban's timetable for a return to legendary greatness that they envision. It would also help us recruit and give Chizik a leg up in his program.

BWAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

thanks for the early morning comedy to go with my coffee.

shouldn't they be? I mean, Textbook gate, Hoovergate, etc... They might as well save some time and look into all of the corruption at once. Go ahead and put this program out of its misery...

More than "want"...It IS what is about to HAPPEN. B)

G R E A T FUN indeed! ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

More than "want"...It IS what is about to HAPPEN. B)

G R E A T FUN indeed! ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

Great Great Fun. With the ncaa setting up shop, AGAIN, in tuscaloosa, they have already said this falls under a REPEAT OFFENDER window. BUT, what a lot of people are forgetting (me included until reminded yesterday) is that the penalties the ncaa handed down to them in 2002 were also REPEAT OFFENDER penalties. Now, here they are again on campus and they are now DOUBLE REPEAT OFFENDERS, and being charged (for now) with a "FAILURE TO MONITOR". The FAILURE TO MONITOR charge is the second most serious violation int he NCAA handbook. The only one more serious is LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL. NOw, given that this is in a DOUBLE REPEAT OFFENDER window, I would imagine that once the charges are presented in full, that the FAILURE TO MONITOR will be in paragraph two behind: LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL. I mean, what does it take these days to get charged with lack of institutional control? Surely 3 trips under a repeat offender would do it. Hell the charges in 2002 should have included lack of institutional control.

A lot of other schools across the country were doing the same thing Bama was doing with the books.

Such as?

A lot of other schools across the country were doing the same thing Bama was doing with the books.

Such as?

UAB, UAH

Such as?

UAB, UAH

:roflol::roflol: That should about complete the list. Thanks.

Just judging by what I read today, I would be surprised if they lost Schollys because of this

What may hurt them is the repeat offender status though I have no real idea how harsh that will make the penalty

UA seemed to have told on themselves, suspended for multiple games for players, and I mean....it is really not THAT bad, imo

And please stop saying, "If USC got away with it, we should too"....that is a ridiculous argument.

Just judging by what I read today, I would be surprised if they lost Schollys because of this

What may hurt them is the repeat offender status though I have no real idea how harsh that will make the penalty

UA seemed to have told on themselves, suspended for multiple games for players, and I mean....it is really not THAT bad, imo

And please stop saying, "If USC got away with it, we should too"....that is a ridiculous argument.

Well, the NCAA has indicated that this began with the 2005-2006 school year and ran to 2007 when it "came to light". Now, that's 2 or more years of this going on. The question is, when did the university know about it? How long did they know about it before it surfaced during the 2007 season? I would venture a guess that they knew about it long before if became public, and tried to cover it, or thought they had "solved" the problem. At least to uat's extent of solving problems. I have a feeling that ole textbook gate is just the beginning. I'm sure hoping they just hammer the crap out of them this time.

The "well, everybody does it" excuse. Of course, that makes it all okay. :rolleyes:

The "well, everybody does it" excuse. Of course, that makes it all okay. :rolleyes:

Shoot, now I'm going to have to change the way I've been raising my kids. Stupid UAT ruins everything.

Bamagrad, I am a Bama man just like you but I have to differ with you as much as I hate to. Bama new about the textbook thing because 72hrs after the penalties were handed to Ball St for their textbook scam, the 5 bama players were suspended. The players did serve their suspensions and were reinstated by the ncaa and that should be that but the football players weren't the only athlete's involved. There are track and field athletes involved also and that is why they are digging in deeper. The reason this is now big news is because it has been made OFFICIAL. If this is no bigger than what they say it is, then it should be minor. Ball st.'s athletes obtained $27,000 for books and got 2 yrs probation and lost 3 scholarships and penalized most of their athletic dept in various ways. According to early stories, it is not as bad as Ball st but things may change(I hope not). Now I don't want Bama to get in any more trouble but the reality is the players, coaches and compliance dept have not learned their lesson. Maybe we should take lessons from USC on how to handle the ncaa. From a quote on another board, "I'm all for the USC approach. If you don't give them anything to work with, then they won't do ANYTHING." Mal Moore needs to go and the guy who is suppose to replace him was at FSU and look what happened to them today. I know the aubies love this and I would to if I was an aubie but I am a bammer and it SUCKS! All we can do is wait and see. A decision is expected in May.

E'Town as much as I don't care for you, I do agree with you.

The university didn't try to hide this. They immediately reported it. Players were suspended, and I don't see how USC didn't get in trouble for what they did.

On a second note, can you please stop saying NC2A. It actually takes more time to type that sense your finger has to get to the A anyway.

If they have been so open, why did they keep it a secret that they redceived an LOI in Nov. 2007 folowed up by a notice of possible MAJOR infractions in May 2008. MAJOR means they are looking into stuff much more serious than the textbook issue. Bammers can say what they want but they better fasten their seatbelts.

When I said a long time ago they had received a PLOI, all the bammers here scoffed. Where are they now? The best gage in all of this is the reaction of bama fans themselves. They are scared to death and their boards are full of fans accepting the fact they are in deep trouble. Reality is setting it and they know it.

Archived