Auburn’s Lebo on VCU list ?

aucat

i could be completly wrong, but this smells of "lets throw my name out there and get a raise." isn't lebo the lowest paid coach in the sec? and grant just jot $2mill+ thrown at him.....

i could be completly wrong, but this smells of "lets throw my name out there and get a raise." isn't lebo the lowest paid coach in the sec? and grant just jot $2mill+ thrown at him.....

I, for one, don't want Auburn to have the lowest paid coach in the SEC. He should get a big raise if we want to keep him, or else fire him and find a coach that's worth more money.

There's no doubt that Lebo can coach and I hope he stays at Auburn for the foreseeable future. He had a terrible run of injuries, transfers out and discipline problems. How many of these problems were out of his control and how many were self-inflicted, I don't know.

I like to watch his teams play and my guess is that he's got the team moving in the right direction. I hope he has lots of success at Auburn in future years, and when he has that success, I hope he'll remember that Auburn stuck with him when things weren't going well and he'll stick with Auburn when things are going great.

I, for one, don't want Auburn to have the lowest paid coach in the SEC. He should get a big raise if we want to keep him, or else fire him and find a coach that's worth more money.

There's no doubt that Lebo can coach and I hope he stays at Auburn for the foreseeable future. He had a terrible run of injuries, transfers out and discipline problems. How many of these problems were out of his control and how many were self-inflicted, I don't know.

I like to watch his teams play and my guess is that he's got the team moving in the right direction. I hope he has lots of success at Auburn in future years, and when he has that success, I hope he'll remember that Auburn stuck with him when things weren't going well and he'll stick with Auburn when things are going great.

I second that motion.

if we lost Lebo, i'd be okay if we went after Gillispie. A&M is dancing 4 years in a row because of him. He may not have the greatest character of anyone I know, but he can bring some excitement to a dull basketball atmosphere.

Lebo is doing a great job though, and would love to see him stick around. Plus I realy enjoy saying in my head...."It's LEBO time!!!"

if we lost Lebo, i'd be okay if we went after Gillispie. A&M is dancing 4 years in a row because of him. He may not have the greatest character of anyone I know, but he can bring some excitement to a dull basketball atmosphere.

Lebo is doing a great job though, and would love to see him stick around. Plus I realy enjoy saying in my head...."It's LEBO time!!!"

You know, I like Lebo and want him to have success at Auburn. If he did decide to go to VCU, it would not be a bad situation either, IMO. I would then want Auburn to give a hard look to a man who has taken 2 programs to the NCAAs more than once each. He also has ties throughout the state and the southeast. You know exactly who I'm talking about. Mike Anderson would be the perfect fit, because then we would know that it would not be a matter of if we get to the tourney. It woul be a matter of when. Mike would bring the assurance of success. It might take a year or two, but you would know that the programe was headed forward. With Lebo, we don't know what to expect from this point. Could go forward or drift backward,.

I'm afraid that Auburn and Mike Anderson had "irreconcilable differences" when we looked into hiring him for the job previously. Remember, he was interviewed before Lebo was and it ended poorly. Never say never and alla' that, but I don't think we'll see Mike Anderson coaching Auburn basketball any time soon, like in this century.

I was under the impression that Anderson never actually interviewed. I thought I read that he demanded Auburn offer him the job before interviewing. Auburn decided not to fall for that, because it had a great possibility of turning out negatively.

I was under the impression that Anderson never actually interviewed. I thought I read that he demanded Auburn offer him the job before interviewing. Auburn decided not to fall for that, because it had a great possibility of turning out negatively.

No. He interviewed once in Birmingham. He then refused to come to Auburn for a second interview unless he was offered the job first.

No. He interviewed once in Birmingham. He then refused to come to Auburn for a second interview unless he was offered the job first.

Prima donna. The fact that we didn't hire him is no great loss.

Exactly. Screw Mike Anderson. If he's too good to drive 115 miles down the road to talk more about the job then he can :moon:

Sounds like a step down to me

I thought that when Sonny Smith left for VCU. ;)

Was Dye the AD back when Sonny left? If not, which jackass wouldn't pay him more to keep him?

Sounds like a step down to me

I thought that when Sonny Smith left for VCU. ;)

Was Dye the AD back when Sonny left? If not, which jackass wouldn't pay him more to keep him?

He was at VCU from 1989–1996 so I would have to think David Housel was AD then.

Edit:

I was wrong David was Director of Athletics at Auburn University from 1994 to January 2005.

So it would appear that Pat Dye is the one who let Sonny walk.

Y'all must remember that there weren't many tears shed when Sonny flew the coop. In fact, Sonny resigned, then tried to come back and Auburn said "no thanks".

Sonny's teams were chronic under-achievers. He could recruit, and do pretty well in tournaments when he got into one. Day in and day out, Sonny wasn't all that hot and I was glad to see him go. His replacements left a lot to be desired but that's another story.

not happening. si.com reporting they will hire florida assistant shaka smart as their new hc. vcu never asked for permission to talk to lebo.

Archived