Trovon Reed

SKIPPER_01

I like our chances if we get Seastrunk. Not sure which one will commit somewhere first. We're fighting LSU for him but man if we could get him and Seastrunk and Lattimore, that's some offensive firepower.

yeah...and i was thinking that Seastrunk would follow Reed. But now I'm getting the feeling that Seastrunk is planning on coming to Auburn, considering he is trying to recruit Henderson for us. So maybe him and Reed have already decided...Silently! B)

going by Reed's most recent article, saying those two are "silents" is pretty silly. You guys may get Seastrunk, but Trovon is going to be an LSU Tiger. Thibadoux is Tiger Country, plain and simple. Both have said they'll do what's best for them, but attending the same school would be a blessing.

I'll bet permanent bannage on Reed's signature. as for Seastrunk, well, if signing day were today, he'd be an Auburn Tiger. Fortunately, it's not, and LSU and Texas are both going to grab this guy's attention before signing day.

going by Reed's most recent article, saying those two are "silents" is pretty silly. You guys may get Seastrunk, but Trovon is going to be an LSU Tiger. Thibadoux is Tiger Country, plain and simple. Both have said they'll do what's best for them, but attending the same school would be a blessing.

I'll bet permanent bannage on Reed's signature. as for Seastrunk, well, if signing day were today, he'd be an Auburn Tiger. Fortunately, it's not, and LSU and Texas are both going to grab this guy's attention before signing day.

I remember a particular quote on rivals from Reed after BCW about him and Seastrunk playing together..."It's going to happen"

I'm just a silly Auburn fan!....and thanks Oiler, I was going to say that but you beat me to it.

As for Texas, Seastrunk didnt show up for their camp this weekend which makes it look as if he is not that interested in them as you might think. It could have been that he had something come up, but I still have a good feeling about him and Auburn.

You guys may get Seastrunk, but Trovon is going to be an LSU Tiger.....

Gee, it hasn't been that long since you posted here that Auburn had "no chance" with Seastrunk and the Auburn staff was just wasting time on a player that was a lock for Texas or L-S-Who.

Given your track record, please keep coming up with more reasons why Reed won't be an AUBURN Tiger.

Sounds pretty familiar.

"Benton is a tigah!!! :moon: We may also have Kelly join Randle and Benton"

-Said by Geauxtigahs11 on Jan 27 2009 at 5:07 pm.

I wouldn't go so far as to think both are silent commits to AU, but I wouldn't count us out for Reed either. I remember a month ago you thought we were nuts to think Seastrunk was really interested in us and you've at least modified your tune on that one. I know they'd like to play together so it's not unreasonable to think Reed will end up at AU with Lache.

...and WE are THE Tigers...whereas YOU are the FAUX Tigers. I'm just sayin'.... B)

:au::homer:

Geaux???? Can I see Reed's most recent articles? I want to read them. :)

The word permanent isn't really necessary here. Banning by its very definition is permanent. suspension would be temporary.

The word permanent isn't really necessary here. Banning by its very definition is permanent. suspension would be temporary.

Oh, my mistake. I've read about memebers of otehr sites being "banned" and were later reinstated.

As for my "questionable" track record, let's take a look, shall we? After hearing Seastrunk telling our fanbase things eerily similar to what he's said to you guys. Add that in with his close relationship with Tony Hurd and Trovon Reed (both heavy LSU leans) and his deep roots in leesville, and that his cousin is an incoming freshmen recruit in Michael Ford, I had/still have confidence that Mr. Seastrunk will be sporting the pure and gold come February. Now, in my defense, no one was aware until later that Coach Luper had such incredibly close ties to the Seastrunk family. This has clearly been a huge factor working in your favor the past few months, and he's certainly saying the right things to Seastrunk. With that said, it never hurts to have a top-notch campus and a tight-knit atmosphere Auburn proivdes to every student-athlete. Being that I'm still considering attending AU, I'm well aware of what the universty has to offer. Looking at the facts, this situation is WAY differwent than the Deangelo Benton recruitment saga. Miles had the to choose between him and Randle, and although it's debatble on whether or not the move Miles made was correct, it insured Auburn a wide receiver for last year's class. Once again, in my defense, how on earth was anyone supposed to know that Miles was going to be confronted with that choice the night before signing day? it just looks to me like Auburn ot a wr by default, imho. Now, my assessment on claiming that there was a strong chance that Kelly would head to LSU to play ball wasn't way off, but is was naive of me to begin penciling him in to LSU's roster. I'll eat the crow for that one. To cut this short, some very left-field occurences have happened to make a few of my predictions look stupid.

Trovon Reed recently said in his Scout article (Srry to whomever asked for the link.) that he still feels the most comfortable at LSU right now. That's certainly encouraging after the good news you guys have received post-Big Cat.

Oh, my mistake. I've read about memebers of otehr sites being "banned" and were later reinstated.

As for my "questionable" track record, let's take a look, shall we? After hearing Seastrunk telling our fanbase things eerily similar to what he's said to you guys. Add that in with his close relationship with Tony Hurd and Trovon Reed (both heavy LSU leans) and his deep roots in leesville, and that his cousin is an incoming freshmen recruit in Michael Ford, I had/still have confidence that Mr. Seastrunk will be sporting the pure and gold come February. Now, in my defense, no one was aware until later that Coach Luper had such incredibly close ties to the Seastrunk family. This has clearly been a huge factor working in your favor the past few months, and he's certainly saying the right things to Seastrunk. With that said, it never hurts to have a top-notch campus and a tight-knit atmosphere Auburn proivdes to every student-athlete. Being that I'm still considering attending AU, I'm well aware of what the universty has to offer. Looking at the facts, this situation is WAY differwent than the Deangelo Benton recruitment saga. Miles had the to choose between him and Randle, and although it's debatble on whether or not the move Miles made was correct, it insured Auburn a wide receiver for last year's class. Once again, in my defense, how on earth was anyone supposed to know that Miles was going to be confronted with that choice the night before signing day? it just looks to me like Auburn ot a wr by default, imho. Now, my assessment on claiming that there was a strong chance that Kelly would head to LSU to play ball wasn't way off, but is was naive of me to begin penciling him in to LSU's roster. I'll eat the crow for that one. To cut this short, some very left-field occurences have happened to make a few of my predictions look stupid.

Trovon Reed recently said in his Scout article (Srry to whomever asked for the link.) that he still feels the most comfortable at LSU right now. That's certainly encouraging after the good news you guys have received post-Big Cat.

Maybe Reed's keeping a low profile about his interest in Auburn so he doesn't get stoned to death by a bunch of cajuns...just maybe.

Maybe Reed's keeping a low profile about his interest in Auburn so he doesn't get stoned to death by a bunch of cajuns...just maybe.

Well, there's that...and there's the fact we have everything you have facility-wise, in terms of tradition, and it's all a lot closer.

Well, there's that...and there's the fact we have everything you have facility-wise, in terms of tradition, and it's all a lot closer.

What tradition? Pouring liquor on the visiting teams when they come on the field?

What tradition? Pouring liquor on the visiting teams when they come on the field?

No, it's more like having more national titles, SEC Championships, having more all-time wins, and leading the all-time series against you guys. Man, I sure wish just a handful of our fans could show half the class your WHOLE fanbase shows...totaling disregarding the Katrina jokes back in 2006. In terms of a fanbases class, a lot of you need to get over yourselves. I know the majority of the tailgates around LSU show great hospilitality in providing food, brews and just a good time. But, I suppose some of you run into a few drunk college kids (like my family have even ecountered on trips to Auburn) ruin your trip with a few cusswords. Whether you'll admit or not, LSU is a lot of what college football is all about: a great time.

No, it's more like having more national titles, SEC Championships, having more all-time wins, and leading the all-time series against you guys. Man, I sure wish just a handful of our fans could show half the class your WHOLE fanbase shows...totaling disregarding the Katrina jokes back in 2006. In terms of a fanbases class, a lot of you need to get over yourselves. I know the majority of the tailgates around LSU show great hospilitality in providing food, brews and just a good time. But, I suppose some of you run into a few drunk college kids (like my family have even ecountered on trips to Auburn) ruin your trip with a few cusswords. Whether you'll admit or not, LSU is a lot of what college football is all about: a great time.

It's just a little more fun to :poke: at you with the bad fans examples. :big:

All things considered, it's hard to tell how serious you are over the keyboard. I find it hard to believe they're all jokes, though. :lol:

All things considered, it's hard to tell how serious you are over the keyboard. I find it hard to believe they're all jokes, though. :lol:

If they use either of these :shoot::shovel: they're not joking.

Sorry man, I forgot to put the :poke: in.

Sorry man, I forgot to put the :poke: in.

Ah, I see. I just get carried away every 49348486 times I hear a knock on our fanbase. Sorry for overreacting on that one. :cheers:

Ah, I see. I just get carried away every 49348486 times I hear a knock on our fanbase. Sorry for overreacting on that one. :cheers:

I've been to every SEC stadium more than once. I can assure you, you guys are the worst.

I've been to LSU a couple of times and I've always enjoyed it. If I had to choose an away game to go to, it would be probably be there. Geaux is right about them inviting you into their tailgates and eating/drinking. In 2005, I got my first taste of Boo-Dan. Then in 2007, I had a plate full of Tur-duck-in!

But Geaux, I'm really sorry about this.... Trooper Taylor will pull Reed out of Thibadoux! :au:

Archived