Auburn v. South Alabama - baseball

I should note that Auburn hit 3 home runs tonight to bring their season total to 96. That's 6 short of the single season record (102) they set last year. The other thing was that we had AT LEAST 5-6 flyballs that were caught right against the fence. We hit the ball well and narrowly missed going from 3 homers hit to hitting 8. I know it doesn't help much with the loss, but we played fairly well. We really need to shore up the pitching position. That was our undoing tonight.

These were a few I took right from my seat. Didn't get a chance to visit with them, but two of the umpires are friends of mine. The one at home plate and the one at first base.

31335_1255201993899_1645074898_646652_4241288_n.jpg

31335_1255202233905_1645074898_646653_402023_n.jpg

I should note that Auburn hit 3 home runs tonight to bring their season total to 96. That's 6 short of the single season record (102) they set last year. The other thing was that we had AT LEAST 5-6 flyballs that were caught right against the fence. We hit the ball well and narrowly missed going from 3 homers hit to hitting 8. I know it doesn't help much with the loss, but we played fairly well. We really need to shore up the pitching position. That was our undoing tonight.

While we definitely need to do something about our pitching, we need to remember we threw probably every pitcher we had over the weekend. That didn't help.

Pitching will be the thorn in our side if we don't get better the next couple of weeks.

Archived