Anyone here used Legalzoom.com?

I wanted to set up a simple will for me and my wife. We don't have terribly complicated family situations or a complicated estate. Just a straightforward will that makes sure the surviving spouse gets everything if one dies, and that if both of us died that our kids would be taken care of. The price is really good (ranging from $69 to $119). And I seem to remember hearing it talked about, but I don't think I know anyone that's used it. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have heard that some have used it and liked it

I have heard of some others that have had issues

I get that it may be cheap but when it comes to your family, I just would get it done by a place that does wills

Too many things could go wrong (in my mind from what I have seen in Court) with wills these days whether it is an execution question or whatever.

I'd rather have the cheapest lawyer in town than any kind of legal software. I got one years ago from another publisher. I might as well have gotten it from a Martian.

I'll bet you can find a new local atty that will do a simple will for you for $100 or so.

You don't need a lawyer. If you need a tooth pulled, you don't need a dentist, just a pair of pliers. If your car motor blows, you don't need a mechanic, just take it apart, put in new rods and pistons after honing the cylinder walls, you will be fine maybe.

Well the good news is that if you screw up your will, you'll never know about it and won't be able to do anything about it - you'll be dead before the mistake is discovered!

:hanged:

I expected the lawyers on the board to be cool to it. But I wanted to know. If anyone else has used it I'm interested.

Archived