Gabe Wright

RunInRed

Clemson would love to have him, be he's heading this direction. At least that's what I think, which is slightly better than no one, but less than any one. :P

And I can verify that on the whole in general emt is usually right about 27-28% of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Wright is lighting 'em up at the all star practice. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5978890

Also, the lad does have a way with words. Earlier in the year he said something about being "forced to show up at an Auburn camp". Now this: "I want to check on the things behind the cracks," Wright said. "I've heard the family talk and that mumbo jumbo and now I'm ready to strip down to the foundation and see what's real."

I hope this guy does sign with Auburn. He's got a lot of potential and after about two practices with T-Rock explaining "family talk" to him, he should be a much wiser young man.

Scout has a free update on Wright...

AU leads

The article says that there is not a big gap between Auburn being #1 and Tennessee #2 on his list, I would think that gap just got a lot bigger with the huge flop UT produced in its bowl game. Any recruit is going to have doubts if Dooley will still be there next season or the season after that. I don't see Dooley lasting much longer which only helps Auburn in this situation.

Scout has a free update on Wright...

AU leads

The article says that there is not a big gap between Auburn being #1 and Tennessee #2 on his list, I would think that gap just got a lot bigger with the huge flop UT produced in its bowl game. Any recruit is going to have doubts if Dooley will still be there next season or the season after that. I don't see Dooley lasting much longer which only helps Auburn in this situation.

I don't think that game really had any impact on how recruits/fans feel about Dooley. I think alot of people feel that the refs took that game away from TN. I think Dooley will be good for their program.

• 4 weeks later...

Wright was on campus this weekend as well...

wright-300x239.jpg

Gabe Wright, a defensive tackle from Columbus, Ga., has left the building. He said his finalists are Auburn, Alabama and Tennessee. He said he hasn’t visited Alabama since the Florida game, but has visited the Tigers “30 times.” Wright attended the National Championship celebration last weekend in an unofficial capacity. He will make his decision public at 12:30 p.m. CST Wednesday in Columbus.

Wright is a big dude. He is more muscular than when I first met him a year ago. I was struck by that. Wright also is an aware kid in the Kris Frost mold and will be a spokesman at the school of his choice. Early playing time is important to Wright and he’ll get it at Auburn.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/2011/01/30/sunday-recruiting-were-live/

Four-star defensive tackle Gabe Wright says Auburn a strong finalist

Charles Goldberg, Auburn Bureau

Defensive tackle Gabe Wright figures he's made the short drive from Columbus, Ga., to Auburn 20 times for unofficial football visits.

His official recruiting visit was this weekend, and he left saying favorable things about the Tigers.

"I put Auburn last for a reason. I was always told to put your favorite school last so you get the best last so you can make all the necessary choices," Wright said. "I've made a pro and cons list -- a yes and no list -- already. I've still got some things to sort out."

Wright is a four-star player and one of the top uncommitted defensive tackles in the country.

Wright's final three choices: Auburn, Alabama and Tennessee. He said he'd announce his choice at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday on National Signing Day.

Wright said Auburn, Alabama and Tennessee offer early playing time. Auburn does because much of its defensive line was made up of seniors, or early-to-the-NFL-draft Nick Fairley.

"Auburn, depth-wise, it's crazy," Wright said. "They lost four seniors, and Fairley, that's five, and three of them were interior guys who really carried the load. The reason Nick got some of the production he got was because of the play of Zach Clayton and Mike Blanc, so who is to say I can't come in and help out?"

Wright said seeing freshman Jeff Whitaker contributing last season made an impression, too.

"He was playing during the Alabama game in the first half, and that means a lot," Wright said.

Wright said his mother was impressed with the visit, too.

"She loved it. All she needs is a Diet Coke and a water and just someone to talk to. It's simple. For me, it's relationships. I don't need too much of anything. I just need to feel comfortable," he said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/four-star_defensive_tackle_gab.html

57, we must've watched different games all year long. I think UT fans feel pretty strong about their coach. If they don't, they should. He had that team prepared for every single game this year. He lost because he just flat out did not have depth. At all. Auburn fans complained about OUR depth after Tubby? Please. That UT roster was a complete train wreck after not one but two post-coaching change exoduses. They were WAY under the scholarship limit, and it killed them in the second half all season. But Dooley did a great job of coaching that team up. He didn't rush to Bray, but he got the kid prepared. Now, he's got a confident, successful, young starter at QB to build around. I think Gabe will come to Auburn, but it won't be because Derek Dooley did a bad job (or is in any danger).

Great to hear. Gabe is key. We need both bodies and play makers at DT next season. If he's serious about early playing time, he can get there. He's got a college ready body, and that's a huge part of getting on the field. Glad to hear he's leaning to the Tigers.

Archived