Mark My Word 2010

DaddyBoyAU

It's time again, and I want to get it in before the nip is called. I have to give credit to Buck and Kincaid (sports talk radio in Atlanta) for the idea. Here's how it goes:

Make your boldest college football related prediction. Not a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Arkansas State") or one that many people believe anyway (e.g. "Les Miles is a goner after this season!"), but a prediction that nobody expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, that defies logical thinking. College Football related of course, could be game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc. But after the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

Some rules:

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someones Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how stupid they are, take it to another thread. This is just for predictions. One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you're sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) And you don't have to explain why you believe the way you do (although you can elaborate if you want).

Okay, I'll start...

Mark my word: Alabama will lose four games this season.

Mark my word: UGA beats Florida this year, secures Richt's job for another year.

Mark My Word... Au beats Bama in the Iron Bowl to play for SEC, where Auburn beats Georgia for the title...War Eagle ladies and gentlemen the tigers are on the road back to the promise land....

Okay, I'll start...

Mark my word: Alabama will lose four games this season.

Mark my word: UGA beats Florida this year, secures Richt's job for another year.

Mark my word, I hope you are correct on both counts.

Mark my word: Some redneck Alabama fan will make out with his sister when they score their first touchdown of the year against San Jose State, and proclaim "we still got it hunny, gone git us anutha chapeeunship this year to!"...

Oh wait, this is supposed to be a BOLD prediction that noone expects. :o Sorry......

Mark my word..... Cam Newton will be in the Heisman talk by game 6 of this year and Auburn will beat Bama in November to win the west! :au:

Mark my word...Auburn's special teams units will be a major factor this season.

Mark my word...Boise St. will fall to Va Tech and go undefeated until Ga Tech and North Carolina back to back.

Mark my word...There will be a 3-way tie between Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio St. for the Big Uhhuhs title.

Boise State will pull out a win against VT, then demolish Oregon St on their way to an undefeated season and a BCS MNC game.

Mark My Word that Mike Leach will be hired by a team at the end of the season

Mark My Word that Masoli leads Ole Miss to a victory over Bama

Mark my word -- :msu: drops you guys to 0-1 in conference play

Mark my word - WinCrimson uses the Mississippi State Logo because he can't spell Mississippi like his brethren.

Mark my word - WinCrimson uses the Mississippi State Logo because he can't spell Mississippi like his brethren.

Thats Mississipi to bammers and their season tickets and only 1 p.

mark my words we give bama its 4 loss of the year.

Mark my words- Cam Newton won't be as good as everyone thinks

Mark my words- Alabama will lose at least three due to defensive problems

Mark my words- Auburn or Arkansas win the West

Mark my words- MSU wins two out of four from: Auburn, Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas

Mark my words- Even without Cam Newton being a huge improvement the overall offense will be better than last year

Thats Mississipi to bammers and their season tickets and only 1 p.

mark my words we give bama its 4 loss of the year.

I can take a joke. Mark My Work about the stupid season tickets, someone forgot to use spell check.

For the real prediction.

Mark My Word, Boise is over rated and will NOT beat both Virgina Tech and OSU. They will lose one of those and be out of the BCS picture.

Also, the SEC west will be determined in November. Although I think Bama still wins it, it wont be decided until Bama plays both of those teams.

Archived