BCS Game

War Eagle 96

Just me, but I don't see how TCU or Boise get voted better than a 1 loss LSU whose only loss is the #1 team in the BCS.

I'm not sure but I think BCS rules prohibit two teams from the same conference from playing in the championship game. Call it the anti-SEC rule.

Ha ha, you just made that up, but they will probaly put one in now. A few years ago they considered putting in a clause that you had to win your conference, but that didn't fly, right? Or did it?

TCU and Boise would have to lose

Only Boise would have to Lose. LSU winning out would be #3 in the polls more than likely and #2 in the computers which I believe would be more than enough to put them in the top 2 of the BCS.

TCU and Boise would have to lose

Only Boise would have to Lose. LSU winning out would be #3 in the polls more than likely and #2 in the computers which I believe would be more than enough to put them in the top 2 of the BCS.

Check. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure but I think BCS rules prohibit two teams from the same conference from playing in the championship game. Call it the anti-SEC rule.

There is no such rule. In fact, there are provisions written into the BCS rules that address this. Like this one, which would allow for three teams from the same conference to make BCS games:

"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

My link

What does that mean? Say Oregon loses next week. South Carolina beats y'all in a nail-biter. Some other craziness happens too. Auburn & LSU finish 1/2. South Carolina goes to Sugar Bowl and our teams go to Glendale.

NOTE: Just participating in this thread to explain the rules. I am hoping y'all take care of business and I get to go watch my Tigers play in the Sugar Bowl.

....... of course we have some business to tend to in a few hours first.

Well the smurf turf of Boise State is gone....Thank you Nevada!!! TCwho? We will see what happens this weekend!! War Damn Eagle!!! The National Championship post game celebration is at Charles Barkley's house in Glendale!!

Heck, with an impressive win today over Arky, I could see LSu gaining ground on the #3 BCS spot on Sunday. Right now, the computers have LSU just slightly behind TCU, ranked anywhere from 3 to 5 in computer rankings, whereas TCU is ranked from 1 (yes some computer had them 1 last week) to 5 in the computers. I would think an LSU win over a #12 ranked Arky would help them more than TCU beating an unranked New Mexico. I think human voters will take notice also. It's going to be interesting to see, but I just don't know if Oregon State will beat Oregon. They do play @ Oregon St. and Oregon has struggled a little more on the road, but no one has been able to keep up controlling the LOS in both halves.

Any computer that has TCU #1 should be reprogrammed. Really, these teams that play two or three teams a year that might beat them and add 10 Community College types to their schedule should not even be in the conversation.

Archived