Super Bowl XLV: Packers or Steelers?

Auburnfan91

Packers or Steelers?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going for?

• Packers
    • Steelers

Super Bowl XLV is next Sunday and it looks like it'll be a good game. Both teams are really good. I'm going for the Packers. I don't like the Steelers. I saw during the Atlana/Green Bay playoff game a couple of weeks ago that the Packers linebacker's coach is a former Auburn player. His name is Kevin Greene. He played in the 1980's under Pat Dye I think. That was before my time so I don't really remember him. Anyways, I'm going for the Packers.

Who are you going for?

#22 Pat Lee, Kevin Greene and Joe Whitt Jr. Go Packers!

I hate having to go against Auburn guys but I’m a Steelers fan so I hope they bring home #7. I hated having to cheer against Chris Gray in Super Bowl XL and Roderick Hood and Karlos Dasby in Super Bowl XLIII. I really hated having to cheer against Gray because he is super nice and upstanding guy that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. However I’m one that believes you choose a team and stick with them no matter what. My Steelers fandom began in the late 70’s when I really didn’t even really know what football was. My older brother was a Cowboys fan (and still is until this day) had such a hatred for the Pittsburgh Steelers I thought hey if he hates them so much then they should be my favorite team. Being that they won their first Super Bowl my first year of life really I don’t have much recollection of their glory years. (Although I do have a few faint memories of their win over the Rams in Super Bowl XIV.) It was pretty rough being a Steelers fan in the 80’s but I stuck with them. When I finally got to see them in Super Bowl XXX it was against the hated Cowboys. My brother and I had a lot of fun with that game but he ended up having a lot more fun than I did since they won 27-17. (Dang Neil O’Donnell!) I took great joy in their past two Super Bowl wins. However I’ve never had anymore joy than watching Auburn win the BCS National Championship. I mean I really like the Steelers but I really LOVE Auburn. This has already been the greatest football season of my life. If Pittsburgh is fortunate enough to defeat Green Bay it would just be the cherry on top of a wonderful football season.

On a side note I'm a huge Kevin Greene fan. Not only is he a former Tiger he played for the Steelers from 1993-1995 and was a member of their Super Bowl XXX team.

kevin+greene.jpgimage_php_876046.jpg

Well, I was pulling for the Steelers...for no real reason other than I liked them when the "Bus" played for them.

I was slightly disappointed they lost.

What I'm most disappointed in is that football season is officially over. Can it be A Day already?

Congrats to Pat Lee, Kevin Greene, Joe Whitt, Jr., and the Green Bay Packers. They are one heck of a team. They earned everything they got tonight. Hopefully the Steelers can regroup and come back and make a run next season. Regardless this has still been the greatest football season of my life.

Boo rapists. Go Packers.

Pretty clear cut for me.

Well, you must hate UAT, because they have been raping this state since 1831. :)

Archived