Worst Single Game Coaching Job Ever?

Proud Tiger

It may not have been the worst but it has to be high on the list. Georgia lead bama by 14 with 6 minutes left. Georgia Coach Fox decided to slow down the game which was dumb considering bama had scored only 34 all game to that point. The he made some terrible decisions and bama outscored Georgia by 20 the rest of the way to win the game.

Without a doubt it was the worst final two minutes I've ever seen. Coach lost that one for the DullDawgs. It would be funny if bammer hadn't been the beneficiary.

Basketball maybe, but worse than this imo would have to be that time we beat the crap out of miss. state in fb all day long and were up by like 10 more than halfway through the fourth quarter when tubs decided to go into the prevent defense and msu scored 2 quick td's and won. I have never been madder as an au fan. Sounds like it was the football equivalent of this game you refer to.

If I'm recalling correctly, there were a couple of turnovers by our offense that caused that MSU comeback. It's hard to blame a coach for that, unless you think Tuberville made the offense fumble so he could see if the defense was tough. Or something. :rolleyes:

Clemson just about repeated the Georgia give away yesterday. They were up by 7 on N.C. with 4 minutes left when the coach started a low down. At that point in time N.C. took over a game they had never lead and won in OT by 6. The old four corners was maybe a good thing to do but I don't understand suddenly going to a different scheme and going away from what had been successful the rest of the game.

If I'm recalling correctly, there were a couple of turnovers by our offense that caused that MSU comeback. It's hard to blame a coach for that, unless you think Tuberville made the offense fumble so he could see if the defense was tough. Or something. :rolleyes:

Perhaps we watched a different game. In the game I watched we stonewalled their offense all day long until we went into the prevent d. After one storming down the field we still stuck with the prevent d. Turnovers or not, the prevent d killed us.

Yeah, I think we saw a different game. On my planet, turnovers gave MSU two great chances to score and they did. Also on my planet, '02 Georgia was the only game where Tuberville went conservative too soon, and that took a fourth down, fourth and 19 TD pass for them to win. CTT had a real good feel for when to start burning clock. If the offense fumbles twice, that's hardly something a coach can plan for.

It may not have been the worst but it has to be high on the list. Georgia lead bama by 14 with 6 minutes left. Georgia Coach Fox decided to slow down the game which was dumb considering bama had scored only 34 all game to that point. The he made some terrible decisions and bama outscored Georgia by 20 the rest of the way to win the game.

Oh well, we made the tournament

Be sure to root for us in the NCAA's, Proud

Oh well, we made the tournament

Be sure to root for us in the NCAA's, Proud

I will root for all the SEC teams. I was just ticked off with UGA for letting bama win. But it worked out OK in the end since the Harveys didn't get invited to the big dance.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I think we saw a different game. On my planet, turnovers gave MSU two great chances to score and they did. Also on my planet, '02 Georgia was the only game where Tuberville went conservative too soon, and that took a fourth down, fourth and 19 TD pass for them to win. CTT had a real good feel for when to start burning clock. If the offense fumbles twice, that's hardly something a coach can plan for.

There were two drives and they weren't short and we went into the prevent d. They talked about the prevent d in the postgame and after that as well. We stuffed them all day long and then went into the prevent d and gave up two td's. The turnovers may have been a factor as well but nothing compared to the prevent d.

Archived