AB's observations on Spring Practice

RunInRed

Interesting...

1. Clint Moseley is a real contender to win the starting quarterback job ... Now that Moseley has his head on straight, it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins the job.

2. No position group will have a tougher rebuilding job than the offensive line ... The group will jell with time, but Auburn fans will find out early that the biggest reason Newton, Mike Dyer and company were able to run for all those yards is because of the guys up front.

3. If you are looking for a breakout star, it’s cornerback T’Sharvan Bell ... T-Bell makes plays, something the Auburn secondary desperately needs (the linebackers had as many interceptions as the defensive backs last year), and he has put himself forward as a spokesman for the defense, two reasons you will be reading plenty more about him this season.

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/08/1530684/andy-bitter-commentary-on-auburn.html#ixzz1Iw1xrQPS

Thoughts...

1. Trotter is under center when we line up to play Utah State on September 3rd.

2. The offensive line will be fine. The play of the defensive line will tell the tale.

3. I kinda feel like T-Bell has already arrived. My pick for a surprise star, T-Reed. if he can stay healthy, he's a tremendous weapon. Malzahn knows this and will find ways to get him the ball. Instant playmaker. Ladarius Phillips is a close second (fan-favorite).

Interesting...

1. Clint Moseley is a real contender to win the starting quarterback job ... Now that Moseley has his head on straight, it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins the job.

2. No position group will have a tougher rebuilding job than the offensive line ... The group will jell with time, but Auburn fans will find out early that the biggest reason Newton, Mike Dyer and company were able to run for all those yards is because of the guys up front.

3. If you are looking for a breakout star, it’s cornerback T’Sharvan Bell ... T-Bell makes plays, something the Auburn secondary desperately needs (the linebackers had as many interceptions as the defensive backs last year), and he has put himself forward as a spokesman for the defense, two reasons you will be reading plenty more about him this season.

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/08/1530684/andy-bitter-commentary-on-auburn.html#ixzz1Iw1xrQPS

Thoughts...

1. Trotter is under center when we line up to play Utah State on September 3rd.

2. The offensive line will be fine. The play of the defensive line will tell the tale.

3. I kinda feel like T-Bell has already arrived. My pick for a surprise star, T-Reed. if he can stay healthy, he's a tremendous weapon. Malzahn knows this and will find ways to get him the ball. Instant playmaker. Ladarius Phillips is a close second (fan-favorite).

You really think Trotter will be the starter come September? Of course that's what I thought, but it just seems to me (based solely on internet readings) that Mosley has not only closed the gap, but maybe even has passed Trotter.

Yes, remember, Trotter has beat Moseley out already once before. I know Clint now "has his on straight" but ultimately, I think experience and a trust relationship with Malzahn will payoff for Barrett. Just a complete hunch combined with connect-the-dots thinking - I definitely could be wrong.

Archived