AU's trip to the White House

RunInRed

Some details...

AUBURN -- Auburn's 2010 BCS National Champion football team will be guests of President Barack Obama at the White House on Friday, April 29, White House officials announced Thursday.

Coach Gene Chizik and the Auburn team will be honored by President Obama at 10 a.m. ET at the White House. President Obama will make remarks about Auburn's 2010 national title team and take a photo with the group.

Following the ceremony, the Tigers will participate in a Let's Move! South Lawn Series Youth Football Clinic on the South Lawn.

Auburn will travel to Washington D.C. on Thursday evening and return Friday afternoon.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/here_are_details_on_auburns_tr.html

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally....something to look forward to at the White House! Maybe coach can "coach" him up a bit. LOL! :poke:

I think Coach Chizik should take him a Toomers Oak seedling to plant on the lawn. Arbor Day is on the 29th!

Email is about to go out! ;)

Finally....something to look forward to at the White House! Maybe coach can "coach" him up a bit. LOL! :poke:

I think Coach Chizik should take him a Toomers Oak seedling to plant on the lawn. Arbor Day is on the 29th!

Email is about to go out! ;)

Great sounding idea, but in Auburn, the Live Oak is already about 200 miles north of its native range. I don't think it can survive as far north as WDC.

Their range includes southeast Virginia, so they might be able to handle it.

Their range includes southeast Virginia, so they might be able to handle it.

Well, with global warming , that shouldn't be an issue in a few years at all !

war damn trees !

They already said Cam and Nick would be attending.

Excellent planning by someone at the White House. :poke:

You'd think our "Undocumented Worker"/"Party-Planner-in-Chief" would have had better timing.

take it elsewhere.

I just dont see any bad planning out of this. Cam and Nick will be drafted Thursday night and then can get on a plane to meet the team on Friday morning, the team plane will be returning on friday afternoon with plenty of time for our 2nd and 3rd round guys to get home to watch the draft with their family that night. If anything I think Auburn may get a little more exposure with the timing if Cam does go #1 more media outlets may cover it with the #1 pick at the White House.

I just dont see any bad planning out of this. Cam and Nick will be drafted Thursday night and then can get on a plane to meet the team on Friday morning, the team plane will be returning on friday afternoon with plenty of time for our 2nd and 3rd round guys to get home to watch the draft with their family that night. If anything I think Auburn may get a little more exposure with the timing if Cam does go #1 more media outlets may cover it with the #1 pick at the White House.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize the Friday portion of the draft didn't start until 6. I withdraw my complaint. Piss poor research on my part.

PM said trip has been cancelled.

Link? I may be able to make it after-all.

No link, he just posted in on 247. BHO is coming to Alabama because of the storms.

Doesn't know if it'll be re-scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Auburn football team’s White House visit is back on: the national champs will meet President Barack Obama on June 8.

Head coach Gene Chizik and the Tigers will be honored at 3 p.m. ET at the Rose Garden of the White House next Wednesday. President Obama will make remarks about Auburn’s 2010 national title team before taking a photo with the group.

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2011/06/02/auburns-white-house-trip-set-for-june-8/

AUBURN, Alabama -- Cam Newton and Nick Fairley are expected to be with their former Auburn teammates and coaches when the Tigers are honored at the White House by President Obama on Wednesday.

The trip is another perk for Auburn for winning the BCS national championship last January. Auburn's traveling party is expected to be 150 strong, including approximately 90 players, an Auburn spokesman said Tuesday.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/cam_newton_nick_fairley_in_aub.html

Justin5 - you get your press pass? We need an on-the-scene reporter! ;)

Think Barry will remind everyone that Auburn is from a state which can boast back to back national champions in football ?

<_<

Who wants a piece of that action?

Think Barry will remind everyone that Auburn is from a state which can boast back to back national champions in football ?

<_<

Who wants a piece of that action?

He'll probably decide that our 14 wins should be distributed more evenly to those teams that never win.

Unfortunately I can't make it. I know a couple people who are going and I'll pass along any worthwhile stories.

Archived