AU's trip to the White House

RunInRed

Think Barry will remind everyone that Auburn is from a state which can boast back to back national champions in football ?

<_<

Who wants a piece of that action?

Call me a homer...but I'd prefer our day in the sun not be soiled by mention of that other school in the state! :rolleyes::big:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also - im pretty sure they are flying - that bus is to get to the airport.

CSPAN should also be carrying it - and it will definitely be available to watch archived on their website later today.

President Barack Obama gave the Auburn football team a "War Eagle" and honored the BCS national champs in a light-hearted ceremony at the White House today.

Obama joked about "a guy named" Cam "who had a pretty good season." And talked about "a guy named Fairley" who won the Lombardi Award. He mentioned Mike Dyer. And he mentioned Wes Byrum.

But the Tiger who stood tallest Tuesday was Kodi Burns. He was selected to present the president with an a No. 1 Auburn jersey and an Auburn helmet. Obama talked about teamwork before Burns' did the honor, and no player was more identified with that spirit than Burns the final two years of his career.

Obama talked about Auburn's 14-0 season, including the win over Alabama.

"Coming back from 24-0 on the road. Unbelievable," Obama said. "That was unbelievable. I'm busy, but I watched that game."

There was even a chest bump between Obama and receivers coach Trooper Taylor.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/president_obama_honors_auburn.html

Grrr. I missed it. Anyone know if there's a replay online already somewhere?

Justin mentioned above that CSPAN should have it up later today.

Grrr. I missed it. Anyone know if there's a replay online already somewhere?

Justin mentioned above that CSPAN should have it up later today.

You can go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/live and they will post it below the live feed when it's ready

Also, gotta love this:

#Blessed An experience of a Lifetime! Got the chance to meet the president! An tour the White House, Forgot to let Obama know will be back! @NosaE94

#Blessed An experience of a Lifetime! Got the chance to meet the president! An tour the White House, Forgot to let Obama know will be back! @NosaE94

Awesome.

Archived