Ricardo Louis

RunInRed

Another Big Cat III attendee who now claims AU as his leader...

Auburn on top for 4-star Miami WR after Big Cat ... http://bit.ly/mfM3xr (premium)

@BMatt247

7_139088.jpg

Ricardo Louis, WR

Miami Beach, FL

6'2 / 200

Offers:

Alabama, Auburn, East Carolina, FIU, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami (Fl.), North Carolina, Ohio State, Oregon, South Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee and UCF, among others.

247Sports 4*

Rivals 4*

Scout 4* (Top 250 -- 159)

Note: No. 32 overall prospect in ESPNU 150.

Talented quarterback who threw for 620 yards and ran for 320 as a junior. He plays quarterback in high school but could project better as a wide receiver in college.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5039316

Highlights:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ricardo a Tiger?

Auburn has landed commitment No. 8 in four-star WR from Miami, Florida, he was at Big Cat this weekend. Story coming.

That's Auburn's third commitment since Saturday and Big Cat weekend, two four-star prospects.

'I feel like I'm already part of the family.' Miami Beach (Fla.) four-star WR commits to Auburn. Story here. http://bit.ly/lWKKby

@JHokanson

Our friend Justin Hokanson (@JHokanson) of AuburnSports.com is reporting that WR Ricardo Louis from Miami, Fla., has committed to AU.

@HABOTN

EDIT: Looks legit. Rivals front page:

8 commitments, and 5 of them are Rivals 4*s

Auburn picked up its third commitment in the last four days on Tuesday when four-star receiver Ricardo Louis from Miami said he'd be part of the 2012 signing class.

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Louis was one of the recruits who was in Auburn last Saturday for the school's Big Cat recruiting weekend. Reporting Louis' commitment first were AuburnUndercover.com and Inside the Auburn Tigers and AuburnSports.com. Go there for the first wave of quotes on the eighth player to commit to the Tigers.

Louis also had offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, Miami and South Carolina, among others, according to Rivals.

He's the quarterback at Miami Beach High, but colleges have recruited him as a receiver. He's listed as a four-star receiver by Rivals, Scout and 247 Sports. He accounted for approximately 1,000 yards of offense last year.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/05/wide_receiver_ricardo_louis_co.html

HERALD SPOTLIGHT: Ricardo Louis

2yjy3o3.jpg

PLAYER: Ricardo Louis

YEAR: 2012

SCHOOL: Miami Beach

CITY: Miami Beach

POSITION: Athlete

HEIGHT: 6-2

WEIGHT: 210

HEAD FOOTBALL COACH: Ralph Jiminez

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Since the start of his 10th grade season, this is an athlete we have watched as he progressed from a high school quarterback to a prospect that everyone has talked about.

No matter who you ask about the future of this talented athlete, you get a number of answers. From receiver to linebacker to safety, this gifted young man has set himself up for the next level by hitting the weights and training with the future in mind.

Most started to find out how good he was when the University of Miami discovered Delmar Taylor at Miami Beach. While the Hurricanes were on campus, they also noticed Ricardo and it his name spread across the nation.

Reminds many of former Miami High athlete Andre Johnson, who was built similar when he played quarterback and receiver for the Stingarees before going on to be one of the best ever to play at UM.

This is a huge spring and summer for Louis as the offers continue to pour in.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssports/2011/03/herald-spotlight-ricardo-louis.html#ixzz1NyCVevsV

Big pick up, we can use the help with a bit of size at wideout. I'd still love to add Williams.

Just watching the videos he's built and moves similar to Ben Obomanu. Same kind of physique. Hope he turns into that kind of player, leader, and person.

He may have an inch or two on Ben but I agree. I've also heard comparisons to another Miami receiver, Michael Irvin, during his early prep days. Here's hoping he can live up to the hype.

I don't have a subscription but somebody said that the Miami Hurricane's Rivals site claims that Louis said "I'm committed to Auburn but my recruitment is wide open."

Is this true, and if so, what does it mean? If true, somebody needs to show the guy a dictionary page that covers "commit".

Can't view the video from work, but Scout has an interview with him that appears (according to the comments on it) to shoot down the rumors that he's wavering.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He's on an official visit to FSU.

He also has visits scheduled to UGA and Tennessee the next two weekends. Smart guy, he's getting in some expense paid trips before he signs with Auburn.

They all could easily flip, "verbal commitments" essentially is a message to other schools saying "recruit me harder" :lol:

Archived