2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

From TOS....

Found this on SECrant... only explanation I have found and have no idea of it's validity, but thought I would share:

A friend of mine knows an officer in Muscle Shoals. This one wasn't really a big deal. There was apparently an incident with his mother and she was being arrested. From what I understand, Dee started getting mouthy and cussing at one of the police officers, so they booked him for Disorderly Conduct

I found this:

INMATE NAME:  DAVION CORNELIUS LINER

ARREST DATE/TIME:  07/01/12  10:45 PM

CHARGES:  13A-11-7  DISORDERLY CONDUCT

CHARGES:  13A-10-2  OBSTRUCTING GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:'(  Poor guy.  I don't know much about his home life, but that just sounds like a position no kid should be put in. 

From TOS....

Found this on SECrant... only explanation I have found and have no idea of it's validity, but thought I would share:

A friend of mine knows an officer in Muscle Shoals. This one wasn't really a big deal. There was apparently an incident with his mother and she was being arrested. From what I understand, Dee started getting mouthy and cussing at one of the police officers, so they booked him for Disorderly Conduct

I found this:

Actually, the cops showed up at the wrong house and tried to arrest Dee's mother when she wasn't the person they were seeking.  Dee got understandably upset.  Dee's mom was not arrested, but the cops arrested Dee basically because he called them out for their mistake.  In light of where he lives, I wonder if the result would have been different if he were committed to that other school int he state?  Anyway, I would fully expect these charges to be dropped because it's going to make those cops look really bad.

From TOS....

I found this:

Actually, the cops showed up at the wrong house and tried to arrest Dee's mother when she wasn't the person they were seeking.  Dee got understandably upset.  Dee's mom was not arrested, but the cops arrested Dee basically because he called them out for their mistake.  In light of where he lives, I wonder if the result would have been different if he were committed to that other school int he state?  Anyway, I would fully expect these charges to be dropped because it's going to make those cops look really bad.

I dont understand how they could charge him with OBSTRUCTING GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS when they were trying to arrest the wrong person.

I also heard from a pretty good source that one of his coaches went and got him out of jail, and lost his cool with the MSPD, alomst ended up in jail with him.

This same source keeps telling me to watch out for this same MSHS coach to be offered a job at turdtown if D commits to the dark side.

All this is just July talk I think we have D "locked up" no pun intended.  :wedance:

From TOS....

I found this:

I dont understand how they could charge him with OBSTRUCTING GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS when they were trying to arrest the wrong person.

They use that when they have nothing else. It's a BS charge.

Sounds to me If he was 5'7 and weighed 140 the police would have ignored him and did their job, but being a large man he put a scare into the police. 

If Dee got involved and interfered, then the charges are appropriate. You just can't "show out" in front of the police and expect to get away with it. 

Seriously? They were at the wrong house harassing his mom.  :dunno:

If Dee got involved and interfered, then the charges are appropriate. You just can't "show out" in front of the police and expect to get away with it. 

He is right. You always remain cool with the cops. Especially when you are an elite highly recruited football player.

He is right. You always remain cool with the cops. Especially when you are an elite highly recruited football player.

We'll have to just agree to disagree on this one. You say "you always remain cool around the cops". I say "you always protect your mom".

We'll have to just agree to disagree on this one. You say "you always remain cool around the cops". I say "you always protect your mom".

Preferably both.

Preferably both.

My point exactly. The 2 are not mutually exckusive.

Good God the media fire storm to follow...............................................     :banghead:

Harassing his mom? I doubt it.

Ether way, right, wrong or indifferent, if you decide to get involved with what the police are doing, you will more than likely get arrested.

Harassing his mom? I doubt it.

Ether way, right, wrong or indifferent, if you decide to get involved with what the police are doing, you will more than likely get arrested.

Agent knows of what he speaks.  Let's just hope the judge, DA and/or others that could make this mistake (on both sides) go away aren't all wearing crimson shades and decide to take advantage of the situation... undecided.gif

Preferably both.

My point exactly. The 2 are not mutually exckusive.

Well yes, whenever possible preferably both. This was a very unusual circumstance and I don't know the details but it would be very hard for me to "be cool" with anyone who was treating my mother in an unreasonable manner in her own home.

@AndrewJBone

I spoke to five-star Dee Liner moments ago about his recent arrests, "I made some bad decisions, but everything is going to get better."

How do freaking bammers know this crap?? Its really aggravating that they seem to be looking for any little thing to cast shadows on our program. Sure it would have came out eventually, but the very day it happens??? Its almost like the cops phone in to Andrew Bone and tell him when our recruits don't stinkin' wash behind their ears!!!!!

Man this is frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :banghead:

How do freaking bammers know this crap?? Its really aggravating that they seem to be looking for any little thing to cast shadows on our program. Sure it would have came out eventually, but the very day it happens??? Its almost like the cops phone in to Andrew Bone and tell him when our recruits don't stinkin' wash behind their ears!!!!!

Man this is frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :banghead:

This has nothing to do with Bone working for the Bammer rivals site. He also covers the stete of Alabama high school recruiting for the whole state so he would be the rivals guy covering the story.

This is what I'm hearing (NOT CONFIRMED)....

Tweets

7m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

DEE LINER: Initially charged with burglary but it has been dropped to criminal trespass since arrest. No court date set yet.

7m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

DEE LINER: Around 1am Sheffield PD caught Liner and several others jumping the fence at the Sheffield Public Public Pool.

Expand

9m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

@RachelBaribeau send me an email nlough@waff.com

View conversation

21m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

@RachelBaribeau 2 different incidents 10 days apart. 1st involves traffic stop and his mom...2nd involves incident at a pool last night

View conversation

22m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

DEE LINER: He was placed under arrest. His court date is set for August 23. All info is from court records. (working on 2nd arrest info)

Expand

Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

DEE LINER: He yelled several things at the officer including “Let my f****** mother go. You’re not going to tell me what to do.”

Expand

24m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

DEE LINER: Liner got out of the vehicle ran over to the officer and began screaming, cursing and throwing objects at the female officer.

Expand

25m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

DEE LINER: On July 1 a female Muscle Shoals cop pulled a car over. While conducting the traffic stop Liner pulled up in a 2nd vehicle.

Expand

2:52 PM - 11 Jul 12 via web · Details

39m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

CONFIRMED: Auburn commit Dee Liner arrested by Sheffield PD & Muscle Shoals PD for two different incidents in the last 10 days. ‪#TopRecruit‬

Expand

47m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

BREAKING: Dee Liner (Auburn Commit & 5-star recruit) arrested last night in Sheffield. Charged w/criminal trespassing. 2 arrests in 10 days.

Expand

55m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

MORE: Liner is a commit to Auburn and one of the top 25 recruits in the country for the 2013 class according to http://scout.com .

Expand

55m Nick Lough WAFF-48 Nick Lough WAFF-48 ‏@NickLough

BREAKING: Muscle Shoals DE Dee Liner was charged with disorderly conduct & obstructing government operations following his arrest July 1st.

Man this is frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :banghead:

This has nothing to do with Bone working for the Bammer rivals site. He also covers the stete of Alabama high school recruiting for the whole state so he would be the rivals guy covering the story.

I know that E but how do they know this so soon? That is the frustrating part...

Archived