2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I feel sorry for some of you.  The extreme pressure of being superior must be unbearable.  

Anyway, I'll just bet DL can figure life out without any help from us.  He may never make it to quite as high a moral

perch as some of you but I'll bet he turns out just fine.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, these sound like crimes I would've committed back in high school. Kid loves his pool time (and a little bit of summer mischief) and he loves his mom. I was a hot head in high school and I would probably lose my mind if some police man was man-handling my mother. Doesn't mean he is a thug or a lost cause, just means he needs an adjustment period to go from high school kid to a man. Gene will take care of this kid.

Dee is a good kid, quit diagnosing him.

War Eagle!

Awesome post.

About the pool issue... do you realize how hot it has been?  Over here in the metro Atlanta area they actually extended the pool hours because it was so hot.

LOL!  I'm sure you wouldn't have ever disrespected Auburn University by sneaking in a pool when you was 17  :-\

I guess you didn't get the point of my comment, it was telling people to lay off of the kid...

I guess I should have quoted the post but I was talking about the one right b4 mine.  I don't know how you could skip over that post and feel like I was talking to you but I'll bite the bullet and say mad bad

With regards to the pool issue... If this scene had played out with the friends from 'The Sandlot' or with a girl in 'The Notebook' everyone would be celebrating it. Breaking into a pool is a non-issue unless there's a lock broken or some pretty extensive vandalism going on.

This is the most G-rated ridiculous time wasting not worth mentioning again non-issue I've ever heard. Dee, hop that fence 12 more times this summer. Take some girls. Have a blast.

With regards to the pool issue... If this scene had played out with the friends from 'The Sandlot' or with a girl in 'The Notebook' everyone would be celebrating it. Breaking into a pool is a non-issue unless there's a lock broken or some pretty extensive vandalism going on.

This is the most G-rated ridiculous time wasting not worth mentioning again non-issue I've ever heard. Dee, hop that fence 12 more times this summer. Take some girls. Have a blast.

Not so sure I'd advocate hopping that fence again. Didn't work out too well the first time. I'd pick a different fence if it were me.

He doesn't have a record.  As far as I know, he's never been arrested or even in trouble before.  Why, all of a sudden is he being arrested two times in ten days?   I don't think this is a structure problem or a being bored problem.  I think he is being watched very closely.   

Yes because its never an Auburn guys fault. It's always some REC member lurking in the shadows...

This isn't a big deal but I am sick and tired of making excuses for kids that get arrested. Liner has manned up to it and sounds like he understands he has screwed up. I respect him for dealing with it and hopefully he will learn from it but I am sick of all this conspiracy crap

The point is that he is very likely being treated differently as an Auburn commitment than he would be as an Alabama commitment. The density of Alabama fans in that part of the state is more overwhelming than it is in most sections; I'm not saying the police are involved in this, but I wouldn't be surprised if him being a Tiger had something to do with it.

That having been said, you're right: either way, he made a mistake that he owned up to. The point is that he has to understand that not only does he have to deal with being a high profile recruit, he also has to deal with the majority of the people around him wanting to see his name smeared, because it means that Auburn's name is smeared as well.

LOL!  I'm sure you wouldn't have ever disrespected Auburn University by sneaking in a pool when you was 17  :-\

I guess you didn't get the point of my comment, it was telling people to lay off of the kid...

I guess I should have quoted the post but I was talking about the one right b4 mine.  I don't know how you could skip over that post and feel like I was talking to you but I'll bite the bullet and say mad bad

Oh wow, my fault man. I need to work on my reading comprehension. I guess I was so wrapped up in editing my post that it was the most fresh comment on my mind. No harm no foul.

Cheers!

When I was coming up we all snuck in apartment swimming pools scattered through out the area.  In his area I can't even think of an apartment complex with a swimming pool.  What he did kids in this area have been doing for years and I haven't ever heard tell of anybody getting arrested, just told to leave.  I think the incident earlier in the week with his mom played a role with him getting in trouble for the pool thing.  Police are like that if they feel like you have messed with them.  When I talked to him he seemed to have an understanding about the situation and was pretty much like he can't wait to leave this area and go to college

Oh wow, my fault man. I need to work on my reading comprehension. I guess I was so wrapped up in editing my post that it was the most fresh comment on my mind. No harm no foul.

Cheers!

No prob.  Like I said I should've just quoted in my first reply to avoid confusion

I just don't see this as a very big deal.  Long-timers will know I can say when we have a problem.  With Pike, it's a problem due to a pattern of behavior.  With Rose, I didn't know the issue, and that worries me.  This worries me just a little.

Speaking with an aquaintance of mine who lives in Florence today, he tells me that he knows the family and that several members of Dee's family have been harrassed by the Florence and Sheffield Police in the past few months.  BTW, my friend is a bammer, a decent bammer, but still a bammer.  More the reason for Dee to keep his nose clean until he can get out of there.  

Best news I heard was Dee jumped the freakin fence.  Imagine the opposing offensive lineman's mindset .5 milliseconds before the next snap - "he ran right through me last snap, play before that he freakin jumped over me, really dude freakin jumped over my big fat head, now what is he up to - sheeeeooootttt he just ran through me again"

I'm part of his family and I'm scared to drive late at night in fear of getting harassed.  I can tell you many occasions I have thought about going to Krystal's to get something to eat late and I just say forget it.  I don't think it has to do with Dee where I'm at but if you're young and black out late.....you probably going to get pulled over.

I had an incident when I was coming from visiting a church one wed night.  It was around 10 when I left the church cuz I was talking.  I was pulled over.  The police asked where I was coming from.  I said church.  He said there aren't any churches in this area.  I told him what church I was coming from.  He said why would you be going in this direction if you're coming from there.  I said I was on my way to get something to eat.  He said where are you getting something to eat at?  I said I don't know I haven't made the decision yet (in Florence Arby's, Wendy's, Shell gas station, Taco Bell are all on the same road near each other Burger King a little farther down) He said you don't know what you want to eat that's peculiar.  He then said where you going after that.  I said to my girl's house.  He asks where she stays.  I laugh.  He asked what is so funny.  I say what does it matter.  Why are you asking me all these questions.  He tells me get out of the car it seems that I'm getting upset for no reason am I hiding something.  He tells me to put my hands on the car almost kicks my legs out from up under me (I'm not small I'm 225) and then searches my car.

I went to the police station the next day filed a complaint and I never heard anything back from them.  Many people have stories like this and that's probably what was going through Dee's head when his mom was pulled over because he said he was right behind her and they were driving 35mph and his mom didn't do anything wrong

I'm part of his family and I'm scared to drive late at night in fear of getting harassed.  I can tell you many occasions I have thought about going to Krystal's to get something to eat late and I just say forget it.  I don't think it has to do with Dee where I'm at but if you're young and black out late.....you probably going to get pulled over.

I had an incident when I was coming from visiting a church one wed night.  It was around 10 when I left the church cuz I was talking.  I was pulled over.  The police asked where I was coming from.  I said church.  He said there aren't any churches in this area.  I told him what church I was coming from.  He said why would you be going in this direction if you're coming from there.  I said I was on my way to get something to eat.  He said where are you getting something to eat at?  I said I don't know I haven't made the decision yet (in Florence Arby's, Wendy's, Shell gas station, Taco Bell are all on the same road near each other Burger King a little farther down) He said you don't know what you want to eat that's peculiar.  He then said where you going after that.  I said to my girl's house.  He asks where she stays.  I laugh.  He asked what is so funny.  I say what does it matter.  Why are you asking me all these questions.  He tells me get out of the car it seems that I'm getting upset for no reason am I hiding something.  He tells me to put my hands on the car almost kicks my legs out from up under me (I'm not small I'm 225) and then searches my car.

I went to the police station the next day filed a complaint and I never heard anything back from them.  Many people have stories like this and that's probably what was going through Dee's head when his mom was pulled over because he said he was right behind her and they were driving 35mph and his mom didn't do anything wrong

That stinks.  :(

That's horrible.  I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

I certainly wouldn't do something like that, but sneaking into the ladies dorm my first night on campus is a different story...

Blaze, Throughout life you are gonna run into little people.  As hard as it is, the best thing to do is to ask Jesus to come into their hearts and show them a different way.  Also, don't let them bring you down to their level.  You going to Wednesday night Church tells me you probably already know this.  May He continue to bless you!

Yeah I don't let the stuff ruin life for me.  I don't even let race stuff effect me.  One year at Auburn my two room mates were white and they were fantastic.  I was telling the story to show with stuff like that you get worried about getting pulled over.  And Dee was worried about his mom.  As far as Ihatebammers post.  Apologize to the city?  You can't be serious.  I know what the papers made the story seem like but do you really think when his mom was pulled over he just jumped out the car started throwing things and cussing the police woman out?  No.  He asked what was going on the police said some stuff I won't repeat but it was disrespectful it made him mad and he wouldn't shut up mainly because she kept telling him too.  He didn't throw anything at her.

And thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it but I'm not trying to make this about me or anything just trying to give you a little inside info cuz I know some was wondering what was he thinking.

War eagle BlazeTiger!!! Thanks for the info.  I figured he was provoked and there was more to the story than e were told. There alway is. We appreciate the insight and hope u feel comfortable here with your Auburn Eagle Family.  Today is definitely a great day to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!  We are all very excited about Dee joining the fam!!!  WDE!!!

The news or someone is attempting to make this a bigger deal than it actually is.  BM is stamping out the rumors before they catch on.

Per BM: Bryan Matthews ‏@BMatt247

No way @adam_r_white local news said there was a chance of AU pulling dee's offer.

That's garbage, and crap like that happens far too often.

I think the obvious solution to all of this would be to have the entrie 2013 AU commited class transfer to Auburn High School.  They would not be harassed in the loveliest village.  Then they could all play their senior year with Reuben and knock out a state championship.  It would give them a taste of what's to come for the next several years on the plains.

:thumbsup::wedance::thumbsup:

Whatever is going on with Liner and Lawson, I cannot help but feel the AU coaching staff from Chizik on down have been in constant contact with the parties involved. I for one fully expect that this 2 young men will be signing their LOIs next February to attend AUBURN UNIVERSITY.

Whatever is going on with Liner and Lawson, I cannot help but feel the AU coaching staff from Chizik on down have been in constant contact with the parties involved. I for one fully expect that this 2 young men will be signing their LOIs next February to attend AUBURN UNIVERSITY.

Don't know about Lawson but I can say 100% that Liner talks to Coach Trooper all the time.  And not just about football coach Troop is always checking on him and talks to him about life in general.  That's why I posted in another thread at one point and time when someone was like give coach Pelton credit about Dee I said well give coach Troop credit too.  It may be that coach Pelton is listed as his lead recruiter, I don't know, but I do know Dee is always talking about coach Troop and they are tight.

Also like I said earlier the only logical explanation about the police deciding to actually charge him for the swim thing is the stuff about his mom earlier.  Lots of kids in the area have been sneaking in the swimming pool for YEARS.  People have been caught before.  Nobody has EVER been charged for that before.  They just tell you to leave.

Archived