2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Imagine seeing your mom getting arrested.  My emotions would definately be running high.  I mean put yourself in his shoes.  Also for all we know the cops were the ones in the wrong.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine seeing your mom getting arrested.  My emotions would definately be running high.  I mean put yourself in his shoes.  Also for all we know the cops were the ones in the wrong.

That's no excuse to cuss at a cop and do enough to get arrested.  I don't care what happened.  He needs to show some restraint in that situation. 

That's no excuse to cuss at a cop and do enough to get arrested.  I don't care what happened.  He needs to show some restraint in that situation. 

Were you there?

No bid deal.  I went skinny dipping with a girl in a pool after hours when I was at college.  The security guard caught us and made us get out.  He was laughing a little as he told us to get dressed and get out of the pool area.  :dunno:  I think the guard laughing hurt my chances with the girl.  I did the whole shrinkage bit before it became popular on Seinfeld.  Anyway, that was a long time ago and thankfully he didn't call the "real" cops.  I don't think my mug shot would've turned out that well.

know whats funny? the bammers will talk trash all day long about Dee and Carl and say that they are these terrible kids and trouble makers etc. etc. but at the end of the day those turds would take Liner and/or Lawson in a heart beat. Pure jealousy its that simple.

Guys, the Shoals paper has a story:  http://timesdaily.com/stories/Standout-football-recruit-Liner-facing-misdemeanor-charges,192640

Traffic stop.  Pool trespassing.

Muscle Shoals football coach Scott Basden said the arrests were a product of his star player making "poor decisions."

"Dee made poor decisions," Basden said. "Our goal is to help him make better decisions. No. 1, I'll say this, I'm Dee's biggest fan. I want Dee to be successful in life. Take football out of the picture and to be successful in life you have to make good decisions. I've made bad decisions; there's not a person who will read this who hasn't made bad decisions. You have to learn from that. This is a teachable moment. We have got to do that."

Not what I wanted to read about first thing this morning.  :(  I realize it's not that big of a deal, but we all know it will be made into one. 

know whats funny? the bammers will talk trash all day long about Dee and Carl and say that they are these terrible kids and trouble makers etc. etc. but at the end of the day those turds would take Liner and/or Lawson in a heart beat. Pure jealousy its that simple.

I can deal with that what really ticks me off is the things that Auburn fans have been saying about them

Seems from the outside looking in that Dee just made a couple of bad decisions. I can't tell you how many times I jumped the fence at the local pool at night to go swimming. But, back then it wasn't a big deal. And I don't know what I would do if someone rough talked my mom.

I guess if you were not there, you just don't know. And let's be honost, it's not like he was robbing a bank , or assaulting someone.

It's just everyone at AU sees an article like this and says "awww crap, not again".

Tragedy of the situation is that his mistakes are placed under public scrutiny, a problem I never faced when I played the role of "young and dumb".  I got caught being in places I shouldn't have been but I never had to face the consequences Liner is facing now.  It is my hope that he can find some structure soon (two-a-days and returning to school will do that) and get out of the crosshairs of the drive-by media.

Gonna be a tough few months for this kid.  The rules will be different for him as compared to most 18 yr olds in this state. 

Sounds like Dee needs to get his act straight. al.com has a story where he's been arrested twice in 10 days....situation with a police office and criminal trespassing.

Muscle Shoals football coach Scott Basden said the arrests were a product of his star player making "poor decisions."

"Dee made poor decisions," Basden said. "Our goal is to help him make better decisions. No. 1, I'll say this, I'm Dee's biggest fan. I want Dee to be successful in life. Take football out of the picture and to be successful in life you have to make good decisions. I've made bad decisions; there's not a person who will read this who hasn't made bad decisions. You have to learn from that. This is a teachable moment. We have got to do that."

I wonder how Coach Basden classifies Dee's decision to commit to Auburn?

Yes he got a little heated and yelled at a cop to leave his mom alone. Stupid yes but not a life changing event. Jumping a fence to go swimming with other kids please if he wasn't a football player we wouldn't hear about this. What a joke to get up in arms over this

Yes he got a little heated and yelled at a cop to leave his mom alone. Stupid yes but not a life changing event. Jumping a fence to go swimming with other kids please if he wasn't a football player we wouldn't hear about this. What a joke to get up in arms over this

:thumbsup:

Appears that he needs the structure of school and two-a-days to reduce his risk of meeting up with the po-po.  Summer can bring out the worst in a child with idle hands.  I have two examples right now ripping up the house!!!

Appears that he needs the structure of school and two-a-days to reduce his risk of meeting up with the po-po.  Summer can bring out the worst in a child with idle hands.  I have two examples right now ripping up the house!!!

DL is definitely a young man and not anything close to a child, imo. A lot of these kids don't show the maturity level that we would like but neither do we sometimes. I don't know that this means he needs more structure in his environment or if this was just a matter of a minor situation that escalated and tempers flared. I do think that there is a whole lot more made out of this than there probably should be. Not saying it's nothing but am saying it's small in the grand scheme. Only hope it doesn't indicate any kind of future trouble.

But he IS a football player. His life will be under a microscope at AU, whether he likes it or not. If Zeke Pike was not a football player, his tweets and public intoxication arrest would not have been noticed either.

I don't think the point was "leave him alone." I take the point to be, "this isn't a big deal." Which it isn't.

He doesn't have a record.  As far as I know, he's never been arrested or even in trouble before.  Why, all of a sudden is he being arrested two times in ten days?  I don't think this is a structure problem or a being bored problem.  I think he is being watched very closely.   

He doesn't have a record.  As far as I know, he's never been arrested or even in trouble before.  Why, all of a sudden is he being arrested two times in ten days?   I don't think this is a structure problem or a being bored problem.  I think he is being watched very closely.   

^^THIS^^

Archived