2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagleDamnWar

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike

Dee Liner said his visit to #USC is a "vacation" but you can bet Coach Orgeron will make it a business trip. But Dee loves #Auburn

Heard Reuben Foster talking to Dee Liner telling him he is better than Nkemdiche.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Working on OJ Howard to flip to AU.  He is real close to OJ and have a close connection.  He is "working" on Reuben and says he is 100% auburn even though he is committed to Alabama.  Says Reuben is at Auburn everyday at the facilities.

Saw a few more things today from Dee that make me smile. I'm glad he's beginning to take a more active role in filling out this class

Guest EagleDamnWar

Dee finished #6 DE at the Rivals Challenge.  He lost a rep to Rodgers and couple more to other people.  His stock might have actually decreased with his performance just because he is ranked so high.  BUT he has tomorrow to change that...

Working on OJ Howard to flip to AU.  He is real close to OJ and have a close connection.  He is "working" on Reuben and says he is 100% auburn even though he is committed to Alabama.  Says Reuben is at Auburn everyday at the facilities.

I take this as encouraging, at the same time, I think DL saying RF is "100% Auburn" doesn't in the least mean that RF is coming to AU. Prob a lot of wishful thinking at this point.

Dee finished #6 DE at the Rivals Challenge.  He lost a rep to Rodgers and couple more to other people.  His stock might have actually decreased with his performance just because he is ranked so high.  BUT he has tomorrow to change that...

Sixth isnt necessarily that bad if you consider Biggelow and Lawson were already rated ahead of him before the challenge and Joey Bosa was just rated 4 or 5 places behind him. Of course, I am note sure if Bosa was at the challenge

Dee Liner is definitely a great player and I wouldn't trade him for any other DE/DT combo right now.  I hope he gained some insight on how he can improve from the challenge today.  He's just a Senior right now and hasn't reached his peak which I think is good.  He still has some room to grow.  I'm sometimes leary of kids who reach their peaks in high school and have very little room to develop.  War Eagle, you're still a 5 star no matter what the analyst say.

I don't know if Liner will be a DT or a DE but I wouldn't want to be the QB with Lawson and Liner both coming from different directions. Then add Bower and the DL we already have with possibly Adams and our defensive backfield can just bring lawn chairs out on the field and watch the game.

There are 7 or 8 defensive ends among the top 30 or 35 players in rivals rankings. You could be very good and still be 6th at that position

Plus 2 freaks of the 2014 class were there in De'Shawn Hand and Andrew Brown.

There are 7 or 8 defensive ends among the top 30 or 35 players in rivals rankings. You could be very good and still be 6th at that position

So does anyone know if we have a shot at either of those 2014 recruits? Sorry but I had to ask.

"@LauraMcKeeman: #Auburn commit Dee Liner says his top priority is recruiting #Bama commits Reuben Foster & OJ Howard to AU. Liner to visit #USC tomorrow."

Guest EagleDamnWar

Dee played middle LB the whole championship game after the SE squad was hurt by injuries.  Just shows his competitive nature.

Dee played middle LB the whole championship game after the SE squad was hurt by injuries.  Just shows his competitive nature.

Yeah, the bammers are already crowing about how he's doing that to prove he can backpedal in pass coverage, meaning he's going to play linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. :laugh:

So does anyone know if we have a shot at either of those 2014 recruits? Sorry but I had to ask.

We offered Hand a month ago. We have not offered Brown Yet,

Yeah, the bammers are already crowing about how he's doing that to prove he can backpedal in pass coverage, meaning he's going to play linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. :laugh:

Bammers were never known for their intelligence. Nevermind the fact he is recruiting as hard or harder for us than any commit we have right now (along with TJ and CL). :laugh:

You'd think they'd give up on thinking they'll flip him after a while...

Of course, they'd say the same thing about us and Reuben Foster :laugh:

Archived