Fireworks To Play Bigger Role in Jordan-Hare

RunInRed

Interesting. What do you think? Like or dislike?

Fireworks To Play Bigger Role in Jordan-Hare, Will Be Shot After Auburn Touchdowns

Auburn’s offensive fireworks may decrease (slightly) this year, but the actual fireworks display in Jordan-Hare Stadium is only getting bigger.

The Auburn Athletics Department is reportedly in talks with Birmingham-based H&H Gameday Pyro, which has been providing fireworks for Auburn football games since 2006. “One of the first games we did was the Tre Smith flip Florida game,” said H&H partner and Auburn alum Ronnie Hardy. “I was up in the scoreboard for that one. I thought it was going to fall down.”

Last season, the company only shot fireworks for the Clemson and South Carolina games, both played ay night.

“This year, they want to do every game and make it a little bit bigger,” Hardy said.

Read more: http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/08/fireworks-to-play-bigger-role-at-jordan-hare-will-be-shot-after-auburn-touchdowns/

264179_227807883909303_129034270453332_751425_5001343_n.jpg

Depends on the fireworks, I guess. My initial reaction is "LIKE", but a couple sparklers during a hot September day game aren't going to enhance anybody's experience. They need to big, loud, exciting, etc.

Um, I wasn't at the Clemson or South Carolina games last year, but my first reaction is: weird. Was this well received/done last year???

For each home game, the team will run onto the field through sparks shot from fireworks fountains placed not on the ground as in years past but atop 6-8 foot poles. Fireworks will also be set off after Auburn touchdowns.

“They want to do four to six shots after touchdowns and this year they want to shoot them off the scoreboard,” Hardy said. The fireworks will be placed inside small cages on top of Jordan-Hare’s HD video screen. “Then they want to do four to six orange and blue shots when we’re winning and time expires.”

Despite Tommy Tuberville once joking to media about being burned by the pre-game sparks display, Hardy insists the production is “extremely safe.” Though not entirely lucrative.

“What with the cost of insurance and transportation and purchasing the fireworks, you don’t make a ton of money,” he said. “But you do get to see a ton of great football.”

Had no idea they had already been doing this. Damn, its been too long since I've been to a game. lol. I love the idea though. Do it up right.

I'm not a fan. Maybe shoot them after a win but not after a touchdown. Seems kinda gimmicky. I remember before the USC game in 2003 the mic man wanted the whole stadium to yell "touchdown Auburn" after we scored. I thought that idea was stupid too.

Gimmicky. That's a good word for it. Couldn't put my finger on it. That said, I haven't seen it. I defer to those that have.

I'm not a fan. Maybe shoot them after a win but not after a touchdown. Seems kinda gimmicky.

And we could have Aubie do situps after a score and Tiger could dance the macarena!! :glare:

Agreed. Not a fan.

I'm not a fan. Maybe shoot them after a win but not after a touchdown. Seems kinda gimmicky.

And we could have Aubie do situps after a score and Tiger could dance the macarena!! :glare:

Agreed. Not a fan.

I'm in the "Keep it sweet and simple" boat. Fireworks don't do anything for me. How about using lasers to create a big AU in the dark sky over Jordan Hare?

I'm not a fan. Maybe shoot them after a win but not after a touchdown. Seems kinda gimmicky. I remember before the USC game in 2003 the mic man wanted the whole stadium to yell "touchdown Auburn" after we scored. I thought that idea was stupid too.

The "Touchdown Auburn" was intended to be in memory of Jim Fyffe. Yes it is gimmicky but there was at least a point. Too bad we were shutout...

As for the fireworks, I'd like to pass. Before and after a game doesn't bother me. Every TD? Meh

I was at the Clemson game. When they say fireworks during these games, Im guessing they mean the run out ones, cause I dont remember any others from that night. And I agree with most of the other posters, Im not to much a fan. This 4th of July in Huntsville was really dissapointing and fireworks no longer have a huge appeal anymore....

Archived