2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

♦ JAYRON KEARSE ♦

Athlete  ~  Cypress Lake High School (Fort Myers, FL)

kearse1-1.jpg    kearse-1.jpg

6-foot-4

190 lbs

40: 4.51

GPA: 3.1

2010 stats: 141 rushes ~ 1,049 yards ~ 13 TD's rushing ~ 5 TD's passing ~ 53 tackles on defense

*NOTE: In his first preseason game this season, Kearse had 23 carries for 218 yards and 2 TD's and threw for another score.

(Click links for highlights and profiles)

RIVALS NR ATH

SCOUT NR WR

ESPN NR WR ~ ESPN 150 Watch List

24/7 SPORTS NR ATH

• 2010 Sophomore Highlights •

2011 Miami Nike Camp Highlights

NOTES: Kearse is the nephew of former Florida Gator and former NFL All-Pro Jevon "Freak" Kearse. The talented athlete burst onto the scene after solid performances at the 2011 Miami Nike Camp, the Elite Scouting Services Combine at Armwood HS, and the Jimbo Fisher Camp at FSU. Auburn coaches Trooper Taylor and Jay Boulware are the lead recruiters for Kearse, and he credits his relationship with the two AU coaches for making his decision an easy one. Kearse says that he had planned all along to commit right before the beginning of his junior season, which starts next Friday night when his Cypress Lake team takes on South Fort Myers HS. Thus that's the reason he decided to go ahead and commit to the Tigers although he has never actually stepped foot on the AU campus. Kearse plans to change that though when he visits the Plains on Oct. 15 as the Tigers host the Florida Gators, the school where Kearse's famous uncle played. Kearse currently plays QB for his HS team but says that he feels like his future is at WR at the next level. He has the frame and size that will allow him to play multiple positions. He is very raw but already has lots of speed, and his bloodline is proof that Kearse will continue to grow both in size and skill level. Many recruiting "experts" believe that Kearse would make an unbelievable safety at the next level. Luckily, he has two more years to grow before he has to decide on his college position. For now though, AU fans should be very excited that they are getting one of the nation's top athletes for the 2013 class.

Per 247sports, Rivals, and Scout.com:

“I like the vibe I got from the Auburn coaches and it seemed like a great place for me to be.  It’s the place I know I want to spend the next four years."

“It’s a great decision. It’s the first step for me in becoming a man and I feel really good about this decision.”

"I can now focus on other things besides recruiting like my grades, my season and getting ready for college."

"I'm done with the recruiting process," Kearse said. "I'm all Auburn."

Other offers: Clemson, Florida, FSU, Miami, South Florida, UCF

Sporting News article

Not surprisingly, the younger Kearse is a special athlete.

"I feel I bring a whole bunch to the table," Kearse said. "I'm a hard worker and I am willing to do whatever I need to do to put my team in the best position. With my size and strength, many corners would not be able to withstand the physicality I bring to the (receiver) position."

Without visiting.  I would hold off celebration until he does visit vs UF.  Then it will be a lock.  Good on the coaching staff being so thorough.    Speaks volumes of what they do off the field for the university.

The 2010 class was stacked and that class was obviously a HUGE part of our NC run. Some would say the 2011 class seemed even better than 2010 class and was skill and star packed from top to bottom. The 2012 class is somehow shaping up to be Chiziks best class yet and I don't how our coaches will ever top the talent filled 2012 class but based on our first 3 commits for 2013 the coaches are planning on it. We have the best coaching staff in college football. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

CLICK HERE for highlights of Kearse and his Cyress Lake HS's final pre-season game Fri. against Verot HS. Jayron is the starting QB and S (#16) for Cypress Lake. Kearse ended up with 233 of the Panthers’ 305 total yards and all 3 of their TD's in a 23-21 loss.

From the article...

So too is the 6-foot-3 Kearse, who gave Bishop Verot fits — rushing for a game-high 218 yards on 23 carries, including touchdown runs of 32 and 2 yards. He also completed Cypress Lake’s only pass attempt of the game, a fourth-down desperation loft that senior wide receiver Steven Charles hauled in for a 15-yard score that pulled the Panthers within 23-21 with 10:11 left to play.

The Panthers had a chance to drive for the winning score, but Kearse fumbled a handoff attempt with just more than a minute remaining and Cecere recovered, allowing the Vikings to run out the clock.

That is now 3 top 100 players we have committed for 2013.

:wareagle::we::wareagle:

Now that they have commited to Auburn they will probably be moved outside the rival 250. The way this years commits rankings have gone you would think everyone at rivals is a turd fan. :zapbama:

Without visiting.  I would hold off celebration until he does visit vs UF.  Then it will be a lock.  Good on the coaching staff being so thorough.    Speaks volumes of what they do off the field for the university.

I wouldn't hold off on the celebration in this case! JMO!  War Eagle and welcome to our BEAST OF A CLASS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived