2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or do recruits who jump around with their commitments rub any one else the wrong way?

It rubs me the wrong way too. I get the vibe that they are trying to get attention. However, if they really are just debating on where to go, then they should just wait to commit until they are actually sure where they want to go. IMO

Jumping around almost certainly rubs coaches the wrong way. They've "filled a spot", then all of a sudden they have to go back and maybe rebuild relationships with other prospects.

I think the word "commit" is the wrong thing to use in the recruiting world. "Current favorite" would be much more accurate.

I think the word "commit" is the wrong thing to use in the recruiting world. "Current favorite" would be much more accurate.

Agreed. I think the meaning has already changed for players and coaches (despite the blowhard BS spouted by hypocrite jerks like Saban), but they should change the word they're using instead of changing the meaning of the word.

Is it just me or do recruits who jump around with their commitments rub any one else the wrong way?

Absolutely! After already decommitting twice, this young man needs to remain uncommitted for awhile until he figures out who he is going to keep his word to and then man-up and do it.

Jumping around almost certainly rubs coaches the wrong way. They've "filled a spot", then all of a sudden they have to go back and maybe rebuild relationships with other prospects.

Very well said!

He will be a solid player wherever he ends up. He's taking a lot of heat on AUC because of his "thug life" antics (the guy is bordering on racism) and for bouncing around. I think it gets lost in the shuffle that these are kids making a huge decision. I don't like the wavering either but if he were my son/brother/cousin/nephew, etc, I'd want him to make sure before signing.

Using Blakely as an example, he lost a year (not eligibility, just time) because he made a poor decision. Grant being roped in at UA...

He will be a solid player wherever he ends up. He's taking a lot of heat on AUC because of his "thug life" antics (the guy is bordering on racism) and for bouncing around. I think it gets lost in the shuffle that these are kids making a huge decision. I don't like the wavering either but if he were my son/brother/cousin/nephew, etc, I'd want him to make sure before signing.

Using Blakely as an example, he lost a year (not eligibility, just time) because he made a poor decision. Grant being roped in at UA...

Unless there is absolutely NO WAY a kid would consider any other school I don't think they should commit early. Kids whose parents went to a particular school and that kid grew up dreaming of attending and playing ball at that school, no problem.

I think they should all take their official visits and at least check out other schools.

Aren't players sometimes told by schools that if they don't commit "now", then the offer won't be there later? In that scenario, I don't blame a kid in the least for taking out a little insurance.

Mc, I've heard of that scenario before.

I whole-heartedly agree that a kid SHOULD wait until he is 100% sure he isn't interested in another school before committing. But, with these high-pressure salesman and the fear of losing their shot, I get it. I don't like it but I don't want to shun the kid for it either.

I whole-heartedly agree that a kid SHOULD wait until he is 100% sure he isn't interested in another school before committing. But, with these high-pressure salesman and the fear of losing their shot, I get it. I don't like it but I don't want to shun the kid for it either.

Very well said.

Kearse named a top 5 today via facebook of CLEMSON, AUBURN, MIAMI(FL), USC, AND NOTRE DAME

Kearse named a top 5 today via facebook of CLEMSON, AUBURN, MIAMI(FL), USC, AND NOTRE DAME

Thanks E, but i know the schools...you didn't have to yell the names! :laugh:  :laugh:

Yeah, said he isn't considering anyone else. Anyone want to start a pool on where he actually ends up?

Yeah, said he isn't considering anyone else. Anyone want to start a pool on where he actually ends up?

I won't say where, but there is a 50/50 shot he ends up there!

Oregon.   :-\

Baylor

Baylor

New Mexico

Baylor

New Mexico

Air Force Academy

Baylor

New Mexico

South Alabama.

Baylor

New Mexico

South Alabama.

Appalachian State

Baylor

New Mexico

South Alabama.

Appalachian State

Valdosta State

Baylor

New Mexico

South Alabama.

Appalachian State

Valdosta State

UTSA

Archived