2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

I dont want him because of his involvement in a robbery 3 or 4 years ago. I dont think we need to be bringing somebody with his baggage to campus after the recent events

So it's not possible for a kid to turn his life around in 3 or 4 years???? Tell that to all the guys who have made stupid mistakes and turned their lives around.

Im a huge fan of second chances.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont want him because of his involvement in a robbery 3 or 4 years ago. I dont think we need to be bringing somebody with his baggage to campus after the recent events

So it's not possible for a kid to turn his life around in 3 or 4 years???? Tell that to all the guys who have made stupid mistakes and turned their lives around.

Not gonna say that I necessarily disagree with you, E.  but that might be the most generalized statement I've ever heard.

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Tigers still in the hunt with former AU, Miami commit Jayron Kearse. 'They never stopped recruiting me' http://bit.ly/PkXIFp @Rivals

Not gonna say that I necessarily disagree with you, E.  but that might be the most generalized statement I've ever heard.

It's just a premis my friend. Obviously everyone should be evaluated on a case by case basis.

i am sure our coaches know much better the full story (and the full story could be really bad, but it also may not be).  i believe folks deserve second chances ... but that also goes along with a much shorter leash.  ultimately, the responsibility is on the individual.

Committed to AU, decommitted and committed to Miami. Now decommitted from Miami and AU back in the hunt.

AUBURN

Clemson

Miami (FL)

Notre Dame

USC

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Jayron-Kearse-125412

He's a good player and hopefully he signs with AU.

Yeah, the nerve of this kid to change his mind multiple times during the recruiting process. Shame on him.  :rolleyes:

Some of you are being ridiculous. Ya'll are blaming this kid for not being able to make up his mind in recruiting? Seriously? He's a very talented player, and our coaches want him. Kids change their minds ALL THE TIME in recruiting. Granted, if he's not sure, he should probably just hold off committing to a school until he is 100% sure, but again, it's RECRUITING. He's not the first kid to do this, and he won't be the last. Quit acting like spoiled children.

Come on down, Jayron. The AU family would love to have you!

+1  Kid projects as a LB I believe.  We would happily welcome him.

Maybe he can change or maybe he cant. That is really not the point. When you had the problems (the 4 players arrested 4 robbery last year) and the tragedies Auburn has had recently (The 3 people murdered) you should just be more careful who you recruit to avoid similar instances from happening. I still hope Auburn passes on this kid for those reasons

If a kid was involved in a non violent crime like Cam, I can understand giving them a 2nd chance. However, my understanding is this kid was involved in an armed robbery, which is a somewhat violent crime. I am completely and totally against giving 2nd chances to anyone involved in a violent crime like murder, rape, or even armed robbery

I have heard we are recruiting him as a Safety but that needs confirmation from one of our insiders.

Maybe he can change or maybe he cant. That is really not the point. When you had the problems (the 4 players arrested 4 robbery last year) and the tragedies Auburn has had recently (The 3 people murdered) you should just be more careful who you recruit to avoid similar instances from happening. I still hope Auburn passes on this kid for those reasons

Given the nature of college football and the limited schollies we should be careful anyway. What we have gone through the past 2 years does not make it more important. It's already the utmost importance. With that said I trust the coaches. If they bring Jayron aboard then in my eyes he has gotten through his past. On a side note I hope Jayron does not read this thread and see there are people in the Auburn family that do not want him. I understand the reservations people have but I believe it be the best interest of Auburn and our recruiting efforts if those thoughts stay private.

Remember Otis Mounds when throwing stones at Kearse.

Jesus says in the Bible, (you may believe it, you may not)"He that is without sin, let him cast the first stone." Throw away, if you're perfect. :devil:

Yeah, the nerve of this kid to change his mind multiple times during the recruiting process. Shame on him.  :rolleyes:

Some of you are being ridiculous. Ya'll are blaming this kid for not being able to make up his mind in recruiting? Seriously? He's a very talented player, and our coaches want him. Kids change their minds ALL THE TIME in recruiting. Granted, if he's not sure, he should probably just hold off committing to a school until he is 100% sure, but again, it's RECRUITING. He's not the first kid to do this, and he won't be the last. Quit acting like spoiled children.

I'm 32 and I changed my underwear 3 times this morning because I couldn't make my mind up!  :-\

I'm 32 and I changed my underwear 3 times this morning because I couldn't make my mind up!  :-\

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbsup:

The big word here is "IF".

Are you saying "IF" he can't make up his mind about changing underwear?? ;)

The big word here is "IF".

Are you saying "IF" he can't make up his mind about changing underwear?? ;)

No: "IF" he is going to wear underwear at all!!

I have heard we are recruiting him as a Safety but that needs confirmation from one of our insiders.

Rival's article says we're recruiting him as a saftey and a WR, so he'd have his chance at both.  Also, no more commitments until signing day he says. 

Well, much as I think we have better options (I think he projects as a linebacker or big receiver, because he's too tall for safety IMO), if the coaches are recruiting him, then I'm all for it. He's certainly athletic enough...I just wonder where he fits in with the class. Maybe he would like to commit but we told him that he would have to wait to find out if we still had room for him.

Going out on a limb here, is it possible he's considered a backup to Foster if Reuben decides not to flip and enrolls elsewhere come January? :dunno:

*NOTE* This is not a teaser, or coming from any kind of inside knowledge, simply speculation...or food for thought, whichever you prefer.

Rival's article says we're recruiting him as a saftey and a WR, so he'd have his chance at both.   Also, no more commitments until signing day he says. 

:laugh:

It's just a premis my friend. Obviously everyone should be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I agree. It just seemed by the way you set up your premis, that it almost begged an example. The way it was worded it could have just as easily said: "So it's not possible for pigs to fly???? Tell that to all the pigs have sprouted wings and learned to fly". With all that said, my stance on the whole situation is to just resign to the fact that the coaches are much closer to the situation than I am. If they are of the opinion that he would be a good addition to the University and to the football team, then I'll respect their much more informed opinion.

I thought after he decommtted from Miami he committed to Clemson.

No. It was after his visit to Clemson, but he didn't immediately commit (again)

Archived