Finally! A real BIG MAN down low...

autigeremt

Auburn picked up a commitment from 7ft tall Asauhn Dixon-Tatum! :cheer: He may be the guy who can help us get some real talent down low for a change.

Yay!! I'm so excited for basketball season this year.

Well we do have Junior Rob Chubb at 6'10" and we have a freshman - Willy Kouassi at 6'10" as well. Heard very positive things on Kouassi. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he sees significant playing time this year. Barbee appears to be recruiting very well for Auburn. I'm really excited about the basketball season this year and in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see some big men. What are their weights?

BTW, has CTB signed his contract? Haven't heard anything lately one way or the other?

The last I heard he had not signed it. A year ago I wasn't concerned, sometime these things drag out. That it's not yet signed indicates to me that there is a real problem. I hope Barbee intends to stay a while at Auburn, but it doesn't look good past this year.

Can this big man move and be an offensive threat? I have never been that excited about bball players that tall, they are usually slow and not that good...look at the two 7 footers Tubby Smith brought in at UK before he left...horrible.

Archived