Anyone heard the new Van Halen song?

Sammy's back with the band and I gotta say, the boy can still sing his butt off. Hasn't lost anything. Song is called "It's About Time" and it'll be on a greatest hits collection coming in July. There will be three new songs with Sammy on lead vocals on it, plus some live stuff.

The song rocks your face off, even if you prefer DLR on lead normally. Unfortunately, it's only available by illegal download right now. But, you could always download it now for immediate enjoyment, then go buy the CD when it comes out or download the single from a legit source later.

I'm a Van Halen head from way back, but I can't stomach that screaming idiot. Saw them a few years back in Atlanta when they tried out Gary Cherone as the lead guy. Cherone has the best voice of all of three and is a great lead man on stage. He did his thing and then backed off to let Eddie take the show over. Problem was...the music sucked with Cherone. Worst album they've done.

Aggressive is good...I can handle aggressive. As in...a harder sound? As long as they focus on hard driving rock/roll and keep away from keyboards and ballads, they, as Penguin puts it, "Rule your face" B)

Yeah, a bit crunchier, but it still sounds like Eddie. Serious driving rock n' roll. It's not a ballad and I heard nary a keyboard.

B) Thanks for the info. Didn't know they were back in studio.

Have you heard anything on when the new Justin Timberlake....

Oh sorry, wrong thread. :lol:

Awesome. I had not idea they were back. VH was my favorite band until they got that Cherone guy as the lead, then I figured they were done for good. Then came EVH's battle with cancer, so I though that was it for sure. I liked both Dave and Sammy, so I am no good when it comes to that old debate of who was better.

A month before I got married, I had my bachelor party in Vegas so that we could see Sammy play at the Hard Rock. Halfway through the show, Michael Anthony comes out and played with him. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Archived