War Eagles at the Oscars

Proud Tiger

Robin Roberts and Octavia Spencer both gave War Eagles on two occasions during interviews on the red carpet at the Oscars. Octavia also gave a shoutout to her friend Nell Fortner. Octavia, a '94 Auburn grad is a nominee for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the movie "Help."

Amazed at the @sses posting on the AUFamily FB Post about Octavia. Pure Class. :blink:

Geez, what's your problem? I could guess but I won't speculate.

FB is slow right now and she is the first actress from the state to win an Oscar, and an Auburn grad. It desreves front page!!! And it's sure not class to call members of the AU Family asses.

Amazed at the @sses posting on the AUFamily FB Post about Octavia. Pure Class. :blink:

FB is slow right now and she is the first actress from the state to win an Oscar, and an Auburn grad. It desreves front page!!! And it's sure not class to call members of the AU Family asses.

I don't have a problem it's the asses from West Vance that I was referring to. Can't figure out why us AU fans are so happy for Octavia.

Like this gem...

Joey Taylor family???/....she went to a common school......she's not ur brother, sister, aunt, or unc

I don't have a problem it's the asses from West Vance that I was referring to. Can't figure out why us AU fans are so happy for Octavia.

Like this gem...

Joey Taylor family???/....she went to a common school......she's not ur brother, sister, aunt, or unc

OK, my bad and my apology. I knew it didn't sound like you. I thought by "FB" you meant this Football Forum. I haven't seen the Facebook Post and could not care less what the idiot bammers think. They are jealous of anything Auburn has that they don't have. Remember they always said they didn't care about a Heisman because it was not a team trophy. That sure changed when Ingram won it didn't it.

Yea GEG, I read through the FB posts and it was pretty much that one guy being a douche. I'm not sure what his problem is with AU people getting excited about another AU grad winning an Oscar.

And a new one talking about crying on Saturday's. I just can not understand going to a page like that and topic like that and just being a straight up ass.

Not football related but... Octavia Spencer, a graduate in Theater Arts, from Auburn University won an Academy Award for her performance in the movie The Help. She won for best performance by an actress in a supporting role.

Sheis the first person from Alabama to win an Academy Award. Someone's yelling, "War Eagle", in Hollywood tonight.

Yea GEG, I read through the FB posts and it was pretty much that one guy being a douche. I'm not sure what his problem is with AU people getting excited about another AU grad winning an Oscar.

And a new one talking about crying on Saturday's. I just can not understand going to a page like that and topic like that and just being a straight up ass.

They will do anything to take away from the successes of any AU student/grad. For example, spreading of rumors about Cam when we were on the NC run. Also, downplaying the fact that Tim Cook went to AU and saying that didn't help him at all at becoming CEO of Apple. When this is where he got his engineering degree and then a business degree from Duke. I am sure there are others but those are just the first two that come to mind.

did somebody just say "that was the first oscar win for the state"? Really? How about Louis Fletcher from One Flew Over the Coo Coo's nest.

I said she was the first actress. Is Louis an actress? Considering the movie was "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" one never knows :roflol:

Archived