2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

I believe Fournette to bammer as well. It's strictly my gut on it. It would be quite pathetic for Roc to sign with sabear at this point no matter what direction the dominoes fall. There are others after Roc's services that could be major players. He doesn't do interviews or put out lists of teams each week so many are simply assuming AU is the team to beat and they could be right as well. LF may be the best since McFadden at Arky or even longer. The REC will win this one IMO.

I sure hope that Fournette doesn't go to Bama. I think LF is going to be a force wherever he goes, and I honestly have a feeling he is going to be one of the best backs that we have seen in awhile. (again just a gut feeling). I just hope he decides to go to LSU and not Bama. Don't feel like dealing with Henry/Fournette the next 3 or so years. lol

If it means we get Roc then he can go to Bama all day long for all I care.

i totally agree. I would like to get Roc.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Fournette to bammer as well. It's strictly my gut on it. It would be quite pathetic for Roc to sign with sabear at this point no matter what direction the dominoes fall. There are others after Roc's services that could be major players. He doesn't do interviews or put out lists of teams each week so many are simply assuming AU is the team to beat and they could be right as well. LF may be the best since McFadden at Arky or even longer. The REC will win this one IMO.

I sure hope that Fournette doesn't go to Bama. I think LF is going to be a force wherever he goes, and I honestly have a feeling he is going to be one of the best backs that we have seen in awhile. (again just a gut feeling). I just hope he decides to go to LSU and not Bama. Don't feel like dealing with Henry/Fournette the next 3 or so years. lol

If he goes to LSU you will still be dealing with him

If he goes to LSU you will still be dealing with him

Yes I know that, but I doubt he will be sharing carries with a back like Henry if he goes to LSU. My point being that I think he will be less deadly at LSU than he would be teaming up with Henry/Yeldon at bama because I think they will have a better RB rotation than LSU will, and with that many backs being able to rotate and stay fresh that is what I mean when I say "deadly" in this situation

I respectively don't give a hoot who goes to updyke u or corn dog u, our defense WILL have the answer to their respective offense. We're back to Auburn defense of old real soon! BELIEVE! War Eagle

I was just contemplating an opposing RB corps containing Henry/Yeldon/Fournette and remembered that leaves out Kamara, Tenpenny and another one or two that most teams would kill for. It is going to take a D that can match athletes with them to stop them. Carl & Co. is a start, we need more.

I was just contemplating an opposing RB corps containing Henry/Yeldon/Fournette and remembered that leaves out Kamara, Tenpenny and another one or two that most teams would kill for. It is going to take a D that can match athletes with them to stop them. Carl & Co. is a start, we need more.

I can see at least 2 of those guys getting frustrated with benchtime and leaving in a year or two. Why sit when you could play for someone else?

I can see at least 2 of those guys getting frustrated with benchtime and leaving in a year or two. Why sit when you could play for someone else?

Exactly, but were that a REAL concern half of those guys wouldn't be there to begin with. There is a crazy abundance of RB talent at bammer currently. I still believe they end up with Fournette by convincing him that he is the man, which he may be but to force minimal carries on this type of talent will eventually catch up with them. But not until after they sign Fournette. He is the one back that I have seen with the potential to force a coach to play him in front of older and more experienced players.

We all thought the same thing about the defense last year under Van Gorder. I know, or at least I hope there were underlying factors involved in last year's lack of defensive showing. If this defense can step up and at least play up to their capabilities, this team has a shot at real improvement. But I want to see it first.

We all thought the same thing about the defense last year under Van Gorder. I know, or at least I hope there were underlying factors involved in last year's lack of defensive showing. If this defense can step up and at least play up to their capabilities, this team has a shot at real improvement. But I want to see it first.

I will confess to being a part of that group that heaped way too much praise on an AU DC ill-equipped to defend the game as it stands today at the collegiate level. The difference at least between the two at this stage of their stints at AU is that CEJ has not only defended against a spread/read option attack prior to employment but has adapted his D to defend against it even better. Sadly CBVG wasn't even briefed on it, at least not prior to the Clemson game last year.

Exactly, but were that a REAL concern half of those guys wouldn't be there to begin with. There is a crazy abundance of RB talent at bammer currently. I still believe they end up with Fournette by convincing him that he is the man, which he may be but to force minimal carries on this type of talent will eventually catch up with them. But not until after they sign Fournette. He is the one back that I have seen with the potential to force a coach to play him in front of older and more experienced players.

Here's their selling point - NFL teams are not high on 30-35 carry/game RBs. They know that there are only so many hits a back can take in their career and they would rather have a lot of hits left after they sign the guy. Saban knows this and acts like he's the expert to these young guys so that's why he can keep multiple backs happy just getting 10-15 touches/game.

Giving CGM weapons like Roc will make our ascent even faster. I think it's getting to the point that Roc has read the writing on the wall. Did y'all see what the Notre Dame commit did with his bammer offer on twitter? :OnTheCan: Flushed it! Lol! Probably a dumb move but still funny.

Kids recruitment reminds me of Caddy big time as does his running style! He is from bammer country and school so our coaches know we have to play this just right. He does have a commitabble offer from bammer also. Roc is shy and hates all the media attention surrounding his recruitment. That is why he does not do interviews.

He can become a household name very quick. AU is the best place for him and I believe even his Dad is coming around to that conclusion.

Kids recruitment reminds me of Caddy big time as does his running style! He is from bammer country and school so our coaches know we have to play this just right. He does have a commitabble offer from bammer also. Roc is shy and hates all the media attention surrounding his recruitment. That is why he does not do interviews.

Great to see you back. Congratulations on marriage and the baby! Those are a couple of awesome life events and blessings. War Damn Family!

Roc=AU

You really think he's sold on us?

I do. His last 6 visits have been to AU, per 247 Sports.

That sounds pretty convncing...

Roc=AU

That's probably true if signing day were today. It's a long, twisting road until February.

Roc=AU

actually he visited for the bammer camp the other day...

Roc=AU

actually he visited for the bammer camp the other day...

Party pooper!!!

Archived