2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

Carnell Williams grew up a Bama fan, and was a huge Bama lean. I remember that kinda turned out well for us...

Actually, Caddy was a huge Tennessee lean, not bammer. In fact, he was once committed to UT before Tubs put the meathooks in the Cadillac and swayed him to the lovelies village.

Yes, he was committed to Tennessee. UAT was after him hard but he wasn't interested in them. I guess if he did grow up a bammer fan then fandom doesn't mean much.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carnell Williams grew up a Bama fan, and was a huge Bama lean. I remember that kinda turned out well for us...

Actually, Caddy was a huge Tennessee lean, not bammer. In fact, he was once committed to UT before Tubs put the meathooks in the Cadillac and swayed him to the lovelies village.

Yes, he was committed to Tennessee. UAT was after him hard but he wasn't interested in them. I guess if he did grow up a bammer fan then fandom doesn't mean much.

Not as much as it used to. I'm starting to grow tired of this butt hurt drama with Roc. Kid is incredible. But there is a ton of 2015 talent out there and with the backs we have we will be fine. Mason, CAP, Barber and Ford will more than get us by. Roc will be a great RB but he is not going to make or break us.

Since the kid rarely does interviews there is no way of knowing if the kid is butt hurt or not.

Not as much as it used to. I'm starting to grow tired of this butt hurt drama with Roc. Kid is incredible. But there is a ton of 2015 talent out there and with the backs we have we will be fine. Mason, CAP, Barber and Ford will more than get us by. Roc will be a great RB but he is not going to make or break us.

Was Ronnie Briwn committed to them too? I thought I heard that he was either committed or leaning but they wanted him to play safety. I could be totally wrong on all of that since it was way before I started following recruiting.

Was Ronnie Briwn committed to them too? I thought I heard that he was either committed or leaning but they wanted him to play safety. I could be totally wrong on all of that since it was way before I started following recruiting.

I believe they were both leaning (not sure if committed) to Tennessee during their recruitment. Good swing by Tubbs on both in back to back years.

I believe they were both leaning (not sure if committed) to Tennessee during their recruitment. Good swing by Tubbs on both in back to back years.

Both were committed and switched.

Roc is an incredible RB. And I understand wanting to play for the team you grew up loving. I would love to watch him in O & B but if it doesn't happen we will survive.

That's crazy when you think how different our two programs could have looked had UT gotten both of them. Come on down Roc! Every great rb commit is a building block to the next NC.

We (I) need a breathalyzer on the forum, something that won't allow us (me) to post if our (my) BAC is greater than .10 :dead:

Dixie, that's when I come up with some of my best stuff (disregard my post count) :)

Thats amazing especially in light of what those two rbs did to them in 2004.

When's RocT gonna be back on campus and wonder if he will camp with us any. Would be nice to get him in the circle of trust ;)/> I feel better about players who commit this go around. Also the fact that this guy is not a camera hog makes me feel better about his commit no matter where he goes here or there atleast it's not annoying like some past situations. WarEagle ^^^ up there haha

Ps d@mn sure hope he's wearing navy/white jerseys on Saturdays soon

When's RocT gonna be back on campus and wonder if he will camp with us any?

Not sure and doubt he will camp here. He does not have to. The staff is sold on him.

Roc to UAT:

Christopher Stock (Miami Insider, InsideTheU)

Demetric Warren (Director of Scouting and Recruiting, Varsitypreps.com)

Roc to AU:

Austin W Penny (Auburn Insider, AuburnUndercover)

Bryan Matthews (Auburn Insider, AuburnUndercover)

JC Shurburtt (Director of Recruiting, 247 Sports)

Shannon Terry (CEO, 247 Sports)

Bud Elliot (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Matt Scalici (Recruiting Reporter, AL.com)

Keith Niebuhr (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Gerry Hamilton (National Scouting Director, 247 Sports)

Barton Simmons (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Ryan Callahan (Tennessee Insider, GoVols247)

Kevin Ryan (Publisher, 247 Sports)

Christopher Nee (Florida State Insider, Noles247)

Just as a follow-up to this, Christopher Stock (Miami Insider, InsideTheU) changed his prediction on 6/8/13 from Roc to Bama to Roc to AU. Of the analysts on 247, 13/14 now predict Roc to AU, or a staggering 93%.

I know that this doesn't mean much without a signiture, but I would certainly rather have it this way than the other way around, especially for such an explosive player as Roc.

Just as a follow-up to this, Christopher Stock (Miami Insider, InsideTheU) changed his prediction on 6/8/13 from Roc to Bama to Roc to AU. Of the analysts on 247, 13/14 now predict Roc to AU, or a staggering 93%.

I know that this doesn't mean much without a signiture, but I would certainly rather have it this way than the other way around, especially for such an explosive player as Roc.

As I said in the other thread, the crystal ball is nice but should not be looked at as the bible of recruiting as you seem to try to be doing. The reality is if Bama ever decides they really want Roc Auburn will be facing a major uphill battle.

As I said in the other thread, the crystal ball is nice but should not be looked at as the bible of recruiting as you seem to try to be doing. The reality is if Bama ever decides they really want Roc Auburn will be facing a major uphill battle.

Yep. Sad thing is Roc would be star in AU's offense. He won't be used to his full extent in uat's offense.

Sometimes I get a strange vibe about this whole thing, sort of like a Trojan horse type situation. I am also confident that Gus and Co will be able to uncover something like that so I am not all that concerned about it. It just seems a little strange for some reason.

Yep. There is a poster on another site that says he knows Roc's situation very well. He still says the chances of us actually signing him are very slim. He even says that Roc would think about changing positions to attend uat if he had to... which if true would be laughable.

The one good thing we have going for us is that the family really likes Gus and they like the offense. Hopefully we can continue to build the relationship. I am not sure it will matter in the end, especially if uat says they finally want him, but we can try.

The part that really sucks is that saban will probably wait until the last minute and try to take him from us just because he knows that he is our only remaining RB target. He'll put him at safety and everyone will miss out.

This kid makes me wonder what his IQ is because if he is willing to turn down being the face of ANY program to just jump in Saban's pocket featuring a hole that great recruits disappear in he may just not be that bright. I would never imagine a recruit much less an RB taking the low road because of my fandom. Even with all the bam hype that goes on. Don't like that kind of heart. Even Tennessee if he wants to get out of the area. But jumping in a swarm of potentially wasted college careers?? I'm questioning this kids heart and mind if he goes to UA.

I WOULD NOT play second, third fiddle at AU if I truly was a great athlete that could start at least be in rotation I would have to sidestep my fandom for the opportunity... They do not need him and they are doing everything they can to just keep an inch of room for him so they can just stockpile. Hate it for the kid.

I believe Alabama's system is warranted because these kids have to know by now that if you are not the best you will never see nothin but kickoff in your career until you go to a JC with your field in the middle of a cow pasture. SMH Phillip Sims- a complete waste of a college career. Brent Calloway bad move by the kid but another example of a player that really had a chance to enjoy great football after a good high school run. That's what I hate about UA's "system"

Good to see this thread has devolved into questioning a kid's IQ and heart.

way to start a good ole open sentence shanghai for a fellow poster. Just opinion dude.

Agreed. Ivory's post is treading in merky waters.

way to start a good ole open sentence shanghai for a fellow poster. Just opinion dude.

Yes but keep the questioning of a recruits IQ and heart off the boards. That is borderline close to the no negative posts on recruits rule. 1 post today was edited for the same stuff but expressed more severely than your post was.

Well, I think we can all agree that we hope Roc sees the light and picks AU in the end. Whatever he would do there, he would do better with AU imo.

Well, I think we can all agree that we hope Roc sees the light and picks AU in the end. Whatever he would do there, he would do better with AU imo.

Agreed!

Archived