2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

Roc=AU
You really think he's sold on us?
I do. His last 6 visits have been to AU, per 247 Sports.

actually he visited for the bammer camp the other day...

Party pooper!!!

Sorry for the missed info. Last I heard (last week sometime) it was his last 6. That'll teach me to do my research next time!

But IMO him taking 6 visits in a row to AU is bigger than him taking 1 to UAT. I also just noticed that 86% of the 247 "insider" predictions have him to AU, while 14% have him to UAT.

Roc to UAT:

Christopher Stock (Miami Insider, InsideTheU)

Demetric Warren (Director of Scouting and Recruiting, Varsitypreps.com)

Roc to AU:

Austin W Penny (Auburn Insider, AuburnUndercover)

Bryan Matthews (Auburn Insider, AuburnUndercover)

JC Shurburtt (Director of Recruiting, 247 Sports)

Shannon Terry (CEO, 247 Sports)

Bud Elliot (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Matt Scalici (Recruiting Reporter, AL.com)

Keith Niebuhr (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Gerry Hamilton (National Scouting Director, 247 Sports)

Barton Simmons (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Ryan Callahan (Tennessee Insider, GoVols247)

Kevin Ryan (Publisher, 247 Sports)

Christopher Nee (Florida State Insider, Noles247)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roc=AU
You really think he's sold on us?
I do. His last 6 visits have been to AU, per 247 Sports.

actually he visited for the bammer camp the other day...

Party pooper!!!

Sorry for the missed info. Last I heard (last week sometime) it was his last 6. That'll teach me to do my research next time!

But IMO him taking 6 visits in a row to AU is bigger than him taking 1 to UAT. I also just noticed that 86% of the 247 "insider" predictions have him to AU, while 14% have him to UAT.

Roc to UAT:

Christopher Stock (Miami Insider, InsideTheU)

Demetric Warren (Director of Scouting and Recruiting, Varsitypreps.com)

Roc to AU:

Austin W Penny (Auburn Insider, AuburnUndercover)

Bryan Matthews (Auburn Insider, AuburnUndercover)

JC Shurburtt (Director of Recruiting, 247 Sports)

Shannon Terry (CEO, 247 Sports)

Bud Elliot (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Matt Scalici (Recruiting Reporter, AL.com)

Keith Niebuhr (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Gerry Hamilton (National Scouting Director, 247 Sports)

Barton Simmons (National Recruiting Analyst, 247 Sports)

Ryan Callahan (Tennessee Insider, GoVols247)

Kevin Ryan (Publisher, 247 Sports)

Christopher Nee (Florida State Insider, Noles247)

lol. It would have been simpler and easier to link his crystal ball page. Link

lol. It would have been simpler and easier t link his crystal ball page. Link

I like to make it easy on people E! Also, I'm at work and have nothing better to do :-\

One point I will make that I noticed while writing all of those people's names down was that neither of the two that picked Bama work for 247... ALL of the 247 employees that contributed picked Roc to AU

I like to make it easy on people E! Also, I'm at work and have nothing better to do :-\

One point I will make that I noticed while writing all of those people's names down was that neither of the two that picked Bama work for 247... ALL of the 247 employees that contributed picked Roc to AU

....and the Miami guy was the first prediction, back on April 15th. From 4/25-6/4 its 12-1 AU. A nice trend.

....and the Miami guy was the first prediction, back on April 15th. From 4/25-6/4 its 12-1 AU. A nice trend.

Nice catch. I didn't even notice that. Thank you.

Didn't Jamarcus Russell also grow up a huge Bama fan but chose LSU because Bama was not looking very good?

Roc is free to commit to UAt at any time. Contrary to what many believe he has a committable offer from bammer. He also knows he is third on their board (at best).

If he is 3rd on their board, is he first on ours? are they better backs out there that we are not going after ?

The rankings don't matter between schools, bama likes big RB's that can run 30 times a game to run the clock out. Auburn has Roc at #1 because he fits our offense and Gus wants Roc, and therefore makes him the # 1 priority.

If he is 3rd on their board, is he first on ours? are they better backs out there that we are not going after ?

He is 1st on our board. Bama is slow playing him while going hard after Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook.

I wonder if we have Chubb ahead of or behind him.

Behind but getting either one would mean we slow up on the other.

The rankings don't matter between schools, bama likes big RB's that can run 30 times a game to run the clock out. Auburn has Roc at #1 because he fits our offense and Gus wants Roc, and therefore makes him the # 1 priority.

I can't speak for CGM but Fournette is the best RB in terms of potential coming out of HS that I've seen in several years. Chubb can be a workhorse as well. Roc is a different type of RB altogether.

Is he an early enrollee?

It's a possibility but has not been decided yet.

This surprises me somewhat. Is it an academic decision or a desire to have a normal SR year? I know he doesn't exactly put his personal life out there but it would seem that his desire to play early would dictate he be a EE. Of course he is more than likely good enough to play early for us early either way. Just curious.

If he is 3rd on their board, is he first on ours? are there better backs out there that we are not going after ?

They're going hard after the other 2 because they feel Racean is their's regardless.! With that being said, I hope that train of thought bites them in the arse!!! #WAR DAMN#

Roc=AU

This statment seems rather intriguing, what with so many people talking about him leaning toward Bama (or at least that he would if they were to turn their attention to him). I'm hoping 23 knows a lot more than we do.

Not at all trying to brownnose, but typically he does about recruiting.

Is he an early enrollee?

It's a possibility but has not been decided yet.

This surprises me somewhat. Is it an academic decision or a desire to have a normal SR year? I know he doesn't exactly put his personal life out there but it would seem that his desire to play early would dictate he be a EE. Of course he is more than likely good enough to play early for us early either way. Just curious.

Not sure of the whys. His dad just said it was a possibility a few weeks ago.

They can only run one guy at a time. They can have a stable of top backs but there is one football. Tackle the guy with the ball ... It is that easy

Best post ever.

Carnell Williams grew up a Bama fan, and was a huge Bama lean. I remember that kinda turned out well for us...

Actually, Caddy was a huge Tennessee lean, not bammer. In fact, he was once committed to UT before Tubs put the meathooks in the Cadillac and swayed him to the lovelies village.

Carnell Williams grew up a Bama fan, and was a huge Bama lean. I remember that kinda turned out well for us...

Actually, Caddy was a huge Tennessee lean, not bammer. In fact, he was once committed to UT before Tubs put the meathooks in the Cadillac and swayed him to the lovelies village.

May have been a UT lean but he did grow up a Bama fan.

Archived