Favorite Auburn Memorabilia

AgentOrange

I'm sure most of us have collected some pretty cool Auburn memorabilia over the years, so I thought it would be fun to talk about what we have collected.

Anyway, one of my favorites is my ticket to the 1993 Auburn and Alabama game. What’s neat is that the stub never got ripped off the ticket! 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is definitely my 1989 Auburn-Alabama game ticket stub because you can't beat the first Iron Bowl in Jordan-Hare. I also have a piece of the hedge that surrounds the field at Georgia. I paid a CSC worker in 2005 to go get me some and he was dumb enough to do it.

A ticket that was not torn or punched for the 1989 Iron Bowl.  It took us 5 minutes to convince the guy not to do anything to the ticket, as we wanted to keep a perfect piece of history.

All time favorite is my football signed by Pat Dye and all assistant coaches.  Wayne Hall, Steve Dennis, Bud Casey, Pat Sullivan, Neil Calloway, James, Daniel, Joe Whitt, Reggie Herring and Tommy Bowden. :we:

Just acquired this past year. Unfortunately...

My Uncle Buddy took me to my first in-person Auburn Game ever in the 90's. He would buy my season tickets to drive my Aunt and himself to all home games due to their declining health issues. They both stopped going all together in 2000 and allowed me to buy their season tickets for years. She passed away in 06' and he in 08'. Well my cousin came by the house a few weeks later after Uncle Buddy passed, he handed me his Dads old AU winter Jacket and a 83' SEC champs collectable knife. Uncle Buddy had 3 boys and a daughter, while splitting up their parents possessions, they thought enough to give those 2 items to me...Irreplaceable.

:'(  :we:  Uncle Buddy & Aunt Ann. Y'all are some very missed Tigers in Section 46!

I bought 2 of the old football lockers from out of the athletic facility from the contractor in Columbus Ga. They are the full sized units with benches. Since they were attached to each other, I had my cabinet guy make Maple panels and attach to each side..They now look like freestanding furniture..They still have the orange numbers, 6 and 51, and nameplates..I have one in my son's room and one in my office..I have one Auburn Alumni that has offered me $750 for the one in my office but I wont sell...yet..

Also have a mini helmet signed by Dye, Tuberville, and Chizik...Its my Headcoach Helmet

Another one that I had forgotten about, my parents got the chance to go to the Iron Bowl about 20 years ago.  I wasn't able to go and so I asked for a souvenir.  They brought me back a miniature football with the old eagle through the A logo.  20 years later my daughter is playing with that ball.  It may not have any association with a coach or player, but it means as much to me as AU memorabilia that I own. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I still have an autograph from Bo Jackson that I had gotten when he was a sophomore at Auburn. I was a starry eyed little 9 year old and I don't think I said a word when he gave it to me. I still remember it like it was yesterday. He was a giant of a man to me that day. 

I have a front car tag from the 1957 National Chanpionship season and a tray with Suug Jordan and Bear Bryant on it. Got Bo's autograph during the summer between his freshman and sophomore years. He was working for some chemical company in Birmingham and came by my office.

I also have a piece of fabric that has an image of the stadium on it, and across the top of the stadium, it says " Cliff Hare Stadium", and underneath the stadium, it says "1957 National Champions". I went to the Auburn preseason rally the year they were honoring the 1957 champs and managed to get most of their signatures on an Auburn autograph card. I had both items framed and it looks really cool. I don't know if this piece of fabric was created back in '57 or what. 

A picture of Bo and his heisman that he autographed are on display in the living room.  In my boys room I have a picture of Sonny Smith that he autographed, and Pat Dye that he autographed. 

:laugh: My 10 year old nephew was reading this thread over my shoulder,his response,"oh that's easy,my Aubie house shoes". The future is in good hands,just like the past. The personal fave of mine is a Shug Jordan autograph my mom got for me(bless her soul) before I could walk.

Archived