Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

unfortunately if he wants to ride the bench for 2-3 years and he wants to go to Bama then thats what he wants to do.. if he wants to go to auburn he is going to play early but its all up to where he wants to go

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why do u think Coleman made the trip? Out of courtesy or is he interested in playing for the slime? It just concerns me that this late in the process he decides to take this out of the blue visit... Hope he stays strong and now I'm a big fan for Stone to go to slimeville

If you take off the orange and blue glasses, it's pretty obvious. Alabama hasn't shown much interest in Coleman until this point. When the defending national champs want you to come take a visit then you take the visit. You see what they have to offer, and of course you enjoy the visit. It's hard to tell Saban no when he's sitting accross the table offering you a free trip to see the place that just won it all.

Anyways, back the the orange and blue glasses... in order to get Coleman's signature you have to be willing to offer playing time. Alabama is currently stockpiled with top OL prospects. They took 7 last year, and they already have two enrolled this year. Add that on top of that Saban doesn't typically offer up playing time, and especially to a back up plan, and I just can't see Shon flipping his committment.

Just my opinion. Shon knows that after 2010 we have 1 returning OL. I think he makes the smart choice and stays with Auburn.

Sorry sometimes my love for Auburn and my hate for the slime make me not think straight... I just hate to hear a future Auburn man visit the crapstone but you're right he should go and make the most of it. Thanks for posting info and War Eagle!

So why do u think Coleman made the trip? Out of courtesy or is he interested in playing for the slime? It just concerns me that this late in the process he decides to take this out of the blue visit... Hope he stays strong and now I'm a big fan for Stone to go to slimeville

If you take off the orange and blue glasses, it's pretty obvious. Alabama hasn't shown much interest in Coleman until this point. When the defending national champs want you to come take a visit then you take the visit. You see what they have to offer, and of course you enjoy the visit. It's hard to tell Saban no when he's sitting accross the table offering you a free trip to see the place that just won it all.

Anyways, back the the orange and blue glasses... in order to get Coleman's signature you have to be willing to offer playing time. Alabama is currently stockpiled with top OL prospects. They took 7 last year, and they already have two enrolled this year. Add that on top of that Saban doesn't typically offer up playing time, and especially to a back up plan, and I just can't see Shon flipping his committment.

Just my opinion. Shon knows that after 2010 we have 1 returning OL. I think he makes the smart choice and stays with Auburn.

Sorry sometimes my love for Auburn and my hate for the slime make me not think straight... I just hate to hear a future Auburn man visit the crapstone but you're right he should go and make the most of it. Thanks for posting info and War Eagle!

You're welcome. Right now I think we have a better chance of losing Shon Coleman to Ole Miss rather than Alabama. I think both are unlikely.

You're welcome. Right now I think we have a better chance of losing Shon Coleman to Ole Miss rather than Alabama. I think both are unlikely.

Ole Miss has always been the one to scare me with Coleman but I like how u and ST both say he'll be a tiger in the end and so I feel confident!

:tdau:     Jonesy who is your source ? Why would saban bring him in and then not be there? That doesn't make sense to me especially if saban really wants him

That is kinda awkward. If Saban wants him to visit he would've been there. Unless it was a brief showing of Tuscaloosa.

In one of the stranger recruiting stories of 2010, the OM Rebels and Ark Razorbacks all think Coleman is headed their way. Seems some big rumor about Shon's mom saying she wanted him to go to Arky. Then Nutt pushing the closeness to Oxford. Now of course UAT is trying to make a late push. I suspect the main reason Shon goes to Miami this weekend is the Pro-Bowl parties. BTW, Arky fans think DT Jones is a lock UNLESS LSU makes a late offer to him-

I do believe that Jones is leaning towards Ark but that could change. I don't think Coleman ends up anywhere but Auburn b/c Momma says so.

ST.. Have you heard anything about DT Kyle Woestmann out of Marietta, Ga. Walton HS? I live in the area and see this kid all the time. He is 6'3"-6'4" about 260, runs 4.7 forty. Has good strength with a 375-400 bench. Vandy commit with offers from GT,Maryland, NC, and several other top schools. Also, he runs high hurdles in track and on the field, he is mean as a snake. I cannot believe Auburn isn't all over this guy?

jvilletiger.... I hear you! I know this kid. Not real close to him, but see him at the gym from time to time. He is a track athlete in a DT body. Maybe he runs a 4.1?

I'm starting to get concerned with Coleman.  I keep playing in my head where he said he was 100% committed to AU a couple of weeks ago.  Then he goes to Tuscalooservile and his hs coach is a big bammer.  I understand taking your official visits but if your solid to AU you go to colleges in better places like Miami, USCw, Hawaii.  You don't go to the ghettos of T-town.

Additionally, Bill King on rivals radio had a bammer call in this morning and he told the caller that James Stone will most likely commit to TN but it looks like Coleman WILL commit to UAT. Please ST--Say it ain't so!!!!

Perhaps our coaches don't mind if SC visits Alabama if they know he is ours.  He can go before a microphone and say little Nick did not measure up to Chizik and he likes Auburn more.  He can also let our coaches know what tiny is telling recruits.  I see a bug win/win.  We keep him and Alabama has to go back to we didn't want him anyway!

I do believe that Jones is leaning towards Ark but that could change. I don't think Coleman ends up anywhere but Auburn b/c Momma says so.

I hope you're right. Just heard that Shon has told the bammer staff already that if they give him a firm offer he wants to be a part of their class. They're waiting on the word of what Stone is going to do first. I hope it's not true.

..... Just heard that Shon has told the bammer staff already that if they give him a firm offer he wants to be a part of their class. They're waiting on the word of what Stone is going to do first. I hope it's not true.

What you just heard implies that UAT has not offered Coleman and they would rather have Stone. That defies reason and logic. What it does do is covers their a** when Coleman sticks with Auburn.

I wouldn't worry about that stuff, it's too easy to see through it.

A couple other sites are reporting that Coleman has said he wants to be part of the UAT signing class but that Saban and Co. are waiting to see what happens with Stone before issuing the firm offer.  Not liking the look of this...

:banghead:

Oh and sorry that my first post had to be a negative for AU...

It's looking good because until he says otherwise...he's committed to play for Auburn.  He told Chizik yesterday he was going to sign with Auburn and told all the media after he visited a couple of weeks ago he was 100%.  Now I understand things change etc, but until the guy goes on the record, I will take a wait and see approach. :dunno:

It's looking good because until he says otherwise...he's committed to play for Auburn.  He told Chizik yesterday he was going to sign with Auburn and told all the media after he visited a couple of weeks ago he was 100%.  Now I understand things change etc, but until the guy goes on the record, I will take a wait and see approach. :dunno:

"He told Chizik yesterday..."  If you don't mind my asking, where did that info come from?

Archived