Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when did he say he would sign with auburn after hes been taking his visits?

Two weeks ago, when alot of speculation was going on, he said he was 100% committed to AU but would continue to take the rest of his visits.

Why in the he11 would Shon think he should be a backup plan for lil nicky???  If he really wanted to go to UAT, he should be confident in his ability to say offer me now, I am no backup....

I am hoping this is a part of a sly CGC giving the bammers some hope knowing he is 100% AU to give the bammers something else to whine about, and to see what exactly lil nicky is telling Shon.

I am worried but my gut is telling me he is AU bound.

Re:  Chizik talking with Coleman...I read that at some point, probably from a contributor on this site.  I don't have a link or anything, it's a busy day at work.  :banghead:

Does anyone know if his mother made the trip to Turdville?  I saw where she visited Auburn with Shon, so if she didn't go this week I think thats is a good sign for us.  Because like ST said I think he goes to AU because his momma said so.

I am scared to death about Coleman now.  A friend of mine that knows several G.A's and such at Alabama (he is a turd but not a toothless one) and he said that Coleman has been wanting to switch to Alabama for a while now but there has not been any room.  With Stone probably going to Tennessee, Coleman is going to get an offer Friday and possibly commit  :banghead: :banghead: :devil::zapbama:

Why in the he11 would Shon think he should be a backup plan for lil nicky???  If he really wanted to go to UAT, he should be confident in his ability to say offer me now, I am no backup....

I am hoping this is a part of a sly CGC giving the bammers some hope knowing he is 100% AU to give the bammers something else to whine about, and to see what exactly lil nicky is telling Shon.

I am worried but my gut is telling me he is AU bound.

Chizik went to Olive Branch yesterday to try and talk Coleman out of it.

I am scared to death about Coleman now.  A friend of mine that knows several G.A's and such at Alabama (he is a turd but not a toothless one) and he said that Coleman has been wanting to switch to Alabama for a while now but there has not been any room.  With Stone probably going to Tennessee, Coleman is going to get an offer Friday and possibly commit  :banghead: :banghead: :devil::zapbama:

I feel better about Lattimore than I do Coleman at this point.  You just have to hope that momma Coleman likes Auburn as much as everyone says she does and that Shon realizes that at the end of the day, he was very, very low on Alabama's offensive line board while he was our top guy for 9 months.

Shon Coleman has made it clear he wants to be apart of the 2010 signing class for Alabama but still does not have an offer. Coaches are visiting James Stone tonight. However, this could drag on until NSD.

Take it for what it's worth. I don't have quotes.

Yes, Coleman and his mom are in Tuscaloosa until tomorrow morning. They are then scheduled to leave for Miami until Sunday.  I think there is legitimate reason to be concerned about Coleman but I have absolutely no idea what he will do. 

Shon Coleman has made it clear he wants to be apart of the 2010 signing class for Alabama but still does not have an offer. Coaches are visiting James Stone tonight. However, this could drag on until NSD.

oh, for crap's sake. well, if this is true, then I hope Coleman comes to his senses and realizes we have wanted him for months and Bama has wanted him for a week. If he does go to Bama, then I wish him well.

If Shon does go to turdville, that is the one place I would not wish him well.  Anywhere else in America, I would be sorely upset at losing what looks to be a fine young man and a heckuva OT, but would wish him the best.

But if he goes to them......

"Mr. Jones and me, tell each other fairy tells"

Chizik & co. went to Olive Branch yesterday, just like they are visiting all of Auburn's committed guys, to firm things up and touch base just one more time. Coleman always said he'd take his five visits and that's what he's doing. The Auburn staff has never objected to Coleman taking his visits, and they didn't care if he went to UAT yesterday. He's going to Miami over the weekend and Auburn doesn't care about that either.

UAT sources saying Coleman "wants to be part of their class" is a smokescreen so that when he sticks to his word (which he will) and signs with Auburn, they can say he wanted to be at Tuskaloser and they didn't offer him a scholarship. It's how the bamzos work, and their crap is easy to see through once you learn to recognize it. WAR EAGLE!

I seriously don't believe this.....no way he'd allow another school to jerk him around like that.  Hell, I wouldn't even allow Auburn to jerk me around like that if I were a 5 star stud and I'm a lifelong fan.  After reading this, it actually sounds like Bama is trying to leak an out for when Shon turns them down.  

wow...I am entirely speachless.  I don't want to bad mouth him, but please look at Fluker.  He was the #1 OT in the nation, he rode the pine last season.  How could you think you would be any different?  James Stone was higher on their board that Coleman (which just doesn't make sense to me.)

Another note: I knew his meteoric rise was too good to be true  :zapbama:

Wow, just wow. If this is true, then I guess they were right that they could just come in at the last minute and take him away. I guess building relationships over a period of months (even years) means nothing anymore. Wasn't he our very first commitment last year (maybe Parkey and him were the first two)?

From our #1 OL that we wanted, to the backup plan at Bama...

Hopefully he'll come to his senses and shore up his commitment like he has told our coaches multiple times already, or otherwise 100% will have taken on a whole new meaning for me.

I think the real story is the bigger story. A year ago everything in Lee county looked like a joke. After a successful season, new years day bowl, and a top 5 class (with or without Coleman) the message has been sent. Coleman is just simply peanut head at UAT trying to do some form of damage control. He is simply pissed that after their best efforts for the past 3 years, we have only had one bad year. There admin is embarrassed that the "school across the state" didn't make 5 screw up hires. They are pissed that we got it right first shot and it didn't cost us our entire bowl winnings to do so. They can have the MNC, however they are dealing with another quick fix. Every player they get says, "I want to play for Saban," guess what ladies, he isn't going to be there for long. Again the message as been sent. You can either be part of the family, play for the family or get your @$$ handed to you by the family. The third option is coming...faster than they want to believe.

WDE

Wow, just wow. If this is true, then I guess they were right that they could just come in at the last minute and take him away. I guess building relationships over a period of months (even years) means nothing anymore. Wasn't he our very first commitment last year (maybe Parkey and him were the first two)?

From our #1 OL that we wanted, to the backup plan at Bama...

Hopefully he'll come to his senses and shore up his commitment like he has told our coaches multiple times already, or otherwise 100% will have taken on a whole new meaning for me.

he was the third, Parkey, Holland, then him but yeah.  He committed right after A-Day.

My only thing is that, Eric Mack was 100% to South Carolina, then switched his commitment to Auburn.

No disrespect, but what bamzo website did you pull that off of?

UAT sources saying Coleman "wants to be part of their class" is a smokescreen so that when he sticks to his word (which he will) and signs with Auburn, they can say he wanted to be at Tuskaloser and they didn't offer him a scholarship. They'd rather have Stone than Coleman? Riiiight!

It's how the bamzos work, and their crap is easy to see through once you learn to recognize it. All that statement is is a CYA thing for them when they don't get Coleman. WAR EAGLE!

Archived