Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it guys, but I was told a couple of months ago by a huge turd that saban and coleman had this thing planned for a long time. I brushed it off then, but it seems it is coming to reality.  :( :'( :banghead:But, anyways.... :wareagle:

This whole "backup plan for Stone theory" doesn't hold water with me. First of all, Coleman plays OT and Stone is a OG. Wouldn't they be going after another OG? Secondly, didn't Coleman already visit uat earlier and said he hated it?

Thirdly, would he still be going to visit Miami if he suddenly fell in love with uat? Discuss...

:dunno:

I have a hard time believing that Saban paid him a visit and invited him for an official visit all this week without Coleman having a commitable offer.  I also find it hard to believe that they wouldn't except a commitment from Coleman because they are waiting on the chance to get Stone.  If either one of these guys wanted to be committed, I can guarantee the Satan would except their commitment.  This is all just a rumor IMHO.

Feb 3rd Please hurry. I can't take it anymore.

I think you all need to step back and take a deep breath.

We will not lose Shone Coleman. Ill bank it.

If he doesnt come to AU. I wont post here until September.

^^^^^^^^^

this, except I will post no matter what, it seems I can't help it

Glitz and glamour! Let's face it, some kids go where the bling is. Bama is now back to where they were years ago. I hate it, but it's true. We are probably going to lose this young man, in fact, I feel certain we will. Is turn about fair play? Look at all of the players that have decommitted from other schools to come to us. Maybe he did have this thing cooked up all along. I highly doubt it, but I am sure that's what we will hear. Florida lost a big 5* recruit, Bama could be getting one from us. Could they land the #1 class in the nation yet again. It is not out of the question. Will that make our class any less valuable? HELL NO!!!  Who would have thought we would be where we are now??? It's wonderful!!! What I would add to all of this is that we have many other young men that are committed to us and are going to bring the glory back to Auburn. One loss of a player does not a team destroy. I am so glad to have this site to be able to come on and express my feelings. Can't do that on other sites or with the wife! :)  :wedance: :wedance: :wedance:

Hopefully, all this talk is just internet rumors.  I heard it this morning too on Rivals Radio.  They're so sure he's making the switch.

At UAT, he'll be the lowest on the depth chart:

Pharr SR

Carpenter SR

McCullough JR

T. Love SO

Fluker R FR

Moore R FR

Kellen Williams FR (2009 signee-grey shirt-enrolled in Jan)

Austin Sheperd FR (2010 signee-Jan enrollee)

All those above are the scholarship OT's that will be going through spring drills this year so they will have an advantage over Coleman.

At AU he will back-up Ziemba or Gayden this year and take over the position in 2011.

Who would you choose?

Bates better get on the phone with Coleman and talk some sense into him before he makes a huge mistake with his football career.  I do wish him the best at wherever he chooses but I have a difficut time wishing him good luck at the crapstone.

With that comment, I'm now re-thinking everything.  Do we really want Coleman? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It sounds like he is going to the dark side for sure.To bad, thats all we'll hear about on local media,how Saban stole our best recruit.

The guy is right though,this class is still a great class,with some additions sure to come between now and NSD.

:wareagle:

Does anyone saying that Coleman suddenly wants to be a part of UAT's signing class have an actual quote from the kid or just some Turd writers saying that?

Until there's a printable quote and not someone talking about a source, I'm not buying it.  

But if he does, good for him...good luck and let's move on.  

Does anyone saying that Coleman suddenly wants to be a part of UAT's signing class have an actual quote from the kid or just some Turd writers saying that?

Until there's a printable quote and not someone talking about a source, I'm not buying it.  

^^^^^This.  All the "he's just been waiting for a committable offer" stuff has all come from talking heads.  The only thing directly attributable to Coleman has been "I'm 100% Auburn."  We'll see.

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

AMEN

This is just a bunch of BS. Coleman's coach is a bama fan and probably passing off bad information to anyone who will listen. There are no quotes from Coleman directly, only a bunch of homers. Dont panic until you hear something directly from Shon's mouth.

A couple of things we all need to remember right now....

1.  Deep breaths.....relax!  We could have the 65th ranked class in the country and no one wanting our kids...as it is, we're fighting for a top 3 finish with studs that others want.  It's still a week until signing day and a lot can happen....some probably will, but most is probably bluster from those trying to cheapen our accomplishments.

2.  Remember we do live in a state where the majority of the media is against us and will do whatever it can to make fun of us, belittle us or make our accomplishments less than Bama's.  Until there are actual quotes from these kids saying I've always wanted to go to ______, let it go.

3.  We already have a great class that is expected to get better.  Look at who's in line to sign with us next week:

Latt - both SC and AU people are saying he's coming...reality - no one knows but him.

Whitaker - both UGA and AU people are saying he's coming...reality - no one knows but him.

Lemonier - both FSU and AU people are saying he's coming...reality - no one knows but him.

Coleman - both UA and AU people are saying he's coming....reality, he's said he's coming to AU and until then we take the kid at his word.

There are a lot of things that can happen in the next week....but we do know this:

1.  Cam Newton

2.  Dyer

3.  Mack

4.  Reed

5.  Gayden

6.  and a ton of others....

point is....we've got a tremendous coaching staff working their tails off for this school and putting us in line for the best recruits in the country.  They have already put together a great class that is going to do great things here at Auburn.  But everyone needs to remember this one thing....when you think coaching would be the greatest job in the world, remember that a coach's entire livelihood depends entirely on the whims and decisions of 18-19 year old young men.  If we lose a few, it happens.  If we gain a few, remember that's someone else's loss.  Have fun with all this but remember to breath deeply, relax and enjoy the ride.  

War Eagle!

Archived