Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

Hey after reading Evan Woodbery's piece on al.com today, has Coleman left Tuscaloosa to head to Miami already, or is he leaving for Miami on Friday?

I was just unsure because of the way it was worded.

:we::believe:

Don't feel badly.  I'm always unsure of Evan Woodbery's wording.

Haha I'm glad I wasn't the only one!  :wedance:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After calming down and rationally thinking about it......I've decided that Coleman remains faithful to AU and makes a couple of midget jokes as he leaves Tuscalooserville.

Rivals says that UAT is the favorite for 4* OT Arie Kouandjio from Maryland.  I don't see them taking both along with the two OT's that enrolled in January.  Coleman is going to be a star at AU.  Why would he settle on being a back-up plan for a coach half his height?

It pains me to do it sick0002.gif , but the only reason I did was to get an update on their status w/ Kouandjio! It appears that they are pretty confident that they will get him! If they did get him, then they would not have room for SC, IMO... and they could not SURE could not get any of these other guys they are after {ie. Stone, Smith, Maynard (Keenan Allen's bro)}... http://alabama.rivals.com/wire.asp ...now I need to take a shower, b/c I feel dirty from being over there! shower.gif

Hey can you look at the nuggets that just went up?  There's a new update on Coleman's visit but I can't look at it.

After calming down and rationally thinking about it......I've decided that Coleman remains faithful to AU and makes a couple of midget jokes as he leaves Tuscalooserville.

Rivals says that UAT is the favorite for 4* OT Arie Kouandjio from Maryland.  I don't see them taking both along with the two OT's that enrolled in January.  Coleman is going to be a star at AU.  Why would he settle on being a back-up plan for a coach half his height?

It pains me to do it sick0002.gif , but the only reason I did was to get an update on their status w/ Kouandjio! It appears that they are pretty confident that they will get him! If they did get him, then they would not have room for SC, IMO... and they could not SURE could not get any of these other guys they are after {ie. Stone, Smith, Maynard (Keenan Allen's bro)}... http://alabama.rivals.com/wire.asp ...now I need to take a shower, b/c I feel dirty from being over there! shower.gif

I think uat would take Shon just to hurt Auburn.  IMO they took Petey Smith because Auburn needed a LB not because they wanted Petey.  Saban is a snake.  

Thanks DJ, for taking one for the team.  Don't get addicted to their site and go back over there again though.

Well, just to go ahead and quantify it in case it happens, if we lose Coleman to Bama, the Rivals ranking go from:

bama: 2367

AU: 2323

to

bama: 2547

AU: 2130

then if they lose Keenan Allen to Clemson, it goes back down to:

bama: 2360

AU: 2130

then we pick up Latt, and it goes to:

bama: 2360

AU: 2333

how about we keep Coleman and they lose allen, and we keep Coleman and get latt, and they lose allen?

I really just want to keep coleman doesn't matter to me if they lose Allen but it would be nice.

how about we keep Coleman and they lose allen, and we keep Coleman and get latt, and they lose allen?

We just keep Coleman, we stay at 2323

We keep Coleman and get only Latt, we go to 2521

They are at 2367 now

They lose only Allen, they go to 2178

We just keep Coleman, we stay at 2323

We keep Coleman and get only Latt, we go to 2521

They are at 2367 now

They lose only Allen, they go to 2178

Thx I just wanted to know our numbers and chances of jumping them, other than that the focus is US, at this point keeping Coleman

GoCrazyCaddilac: Nuggets say Stone to tenn., they lead big for Arie k., colemans visit is going VERY WELL - and say sources close to situation say that bama is the team to beat for him unfortunatly. But on a lighter note it says that multiple sources close to allen say that CU leads.

As they say: "Don't shoot the messenger!"

I didn't get my info from that twitter feed. I got it from the same guy I got the info from yesterday about our coaches being at Olive Branch. I also got confirmation of the exact same story from a guy on TR forums who is very reliable. Personally, I hate to believe things like this but it's the roller coaster ride that is recruiting.

For what it's worth, Alabama fans and "insiders" have been saying since spring when Rivals listed an Alabama offer that Shon Coleman wants to come to Alabama but does not have a committable offer. The only thing that makes it different now is that Saban is actually entertaining the idea of bringing Shon Coleman in.

I hate posting negative information but I would rather you hear it first from me rather than some bammer on Al.com.

As they say: "Don't shoot the messenger!"

I didn't get my info from that twitter feed. I got it from the same guy I got the info from yesterday about our coaches being at Olive Branch. I also got confirmation of the exact same story from a guy on TR forums who is very reliable. Personally, I hate to believe things like this but it's the roller coaster ride that is recruiting.

For what it's worth, Alabama fans and "insiders" have been saying since spring when Rivals listed an Alabama offer that Shon Coleman wants to come to Alabama but does not have a committable offer. The only thing that makes it different now is that Saban is actually entertaining the idea of bringing Shon Coleman in.

I hate posting negative information but I would rather you hear it first from me rather than some bammer on Al.com.

You seem pretty on top of this Jonesy so how do u see this ending? Is it gonna be happy or sad?

Well if that is where he was and is wanting to go then so be it, he needs to do what he thinks is best for him. But this is really huge for our fairly new coaching staff going head to head with  :banghead:nick :devil:. It would send a loud statement if they where able to keep him committed.

Nick Satan would and will do anything to hurt the Auburn program.

Regardless of how this saga plays out there are 3 things that I'm certain of:

1) The simple fact that Nick Saban would consider offering Shon Colemen indicates that our coaches definitely know what they are doing.  Thanks for the complement Nick!!!

2) Our coaches have done a remarkable job of selling Auburn as Auburn and not just as a football team because the recruits are stating it loud and clear in their comments.  There is no comparison between the cities of Auburn and Tuscaloosa or between the two universities.  Simply put, Auburn is head and shoulders above UA.

3) Saban and his staff are terrified at the thought of Auburn doing so well in recruiting in the wake of the Tide's NC and two #1 ranked recruiting classes.

We got the Tide on the run and it feels great...

War Eagle!!!

Auburn. He has a few days to think about the decision with Saban breathing over his shoulder and he comes to his senses about the playing time he is going to get at Auburn. Saban can say whatever he wants to Shon but he can't sell his 2011 OL problems over our 2011 OL problems.

So they're really gonna bring in Coleman, the Arie kid from MD, the 2009 recruit that was grey shirted and enrolled in Jan, and the 2010 recruit that enrolled in Jan.  That's 4 OT's added to Moore, Fluker, Love, Mccullough, Carpenter, and Pharr that they have on scholly.  Like I said, if Coleman is happy being a UAT back-up plan more power to him.  I wish him well and hope he takes full advantage of the free education.  No hard feelings.  

AU was ok before he committed and we'll be ok no matter what school he selects.  I've excited about the OL that is coming in this year and they all seem like they want to be at AU.

Auburn. He has a few days to think about the decision with Saban breathing over his shoulder and he comes to his senses about the playing time he is going to get at Auburn. Saban can say whatever he wants to Shon but he can't sell his 2011 OL problems over our 2011 OL problems.

:we: Glad to hear both u and ST saying he'll end up a tiger! Hope he enjoys his visits but remembers who saw what he could be from the beginning! Him and mack on one side of the line would be deadly

So they're really gonna bring in Coleman, the Arie kid from MD, the 2009 recruit that was grey shirted and enrolled in Jan, and the 2010 recruit that enrolled in Jan.  That's 4 OT's added to Moore, Fluker, Love, Mccullough, Carpenter, and Pharr that they have on scholly.  Like I said, if Coleman is happy being a UAT back-up plan more power to him.  I wish him well and hope he takes full advantage of the free education.  No hard feelings.  

AU was ok before he committed and we'll be ok no matter what school he selects.  I've excited about the OL that is coming in this year and they all seem like they want to be at AU.

They won't bring in Coleman if they get Arie or Stone from my understanding.

The thing that bothers me about this is that Gene Chizik and staff went after Coleman back when he was a 3-star with no real offers. They gave him a chance and offered him a scholarship. Now, after he gets a ranking bump and a bigger name, for him to drop the ones that took a chance on him first and the ones he gave his word to would be a major lapse of character.

IMO

Over on the bama board a student posted saying he seen Shon, his mom, and 2 other girls walking through the campus. He walked by and said Roll Tide Shon and he smiled really big and his mom started laughing. Apparently they think he is having a GREAT time. Then they go on to say they hope we lose him since we're going to lose Trovon and they can't wait for the mass barn suicide. If I could beat a midget with a baseball bat and get away with it I will be in t'loser in 2 hours....

Unfortunatly from those in the know, coleman has wanted to be with bama from the get go. They want 2 OT's in this class and have been keeping shon with an uncommittable offer on a long leash as a contingency plan.  The unforseen coaching change at tenn has stone 60/40 tenn now so they tightened that leash up and made the offer committable to bring coleman in with Arie K. and call it a day. What sucks about this is that he has wanted that offer all along, he just never got it... untill now. And on their OT situation, Love gets blown up by their DE's so they know he wont work, Fluker is known as a steam roller in run blocking, but the main point of a good left tackle is pass blocking the blind side, and suposedly his footwork leaves ALOT to be desired. They honestly dont have a true LT on their team that they want to put in a live game situation. Im just praying that he see that hes our main plan, while hes their backup plan.

Over on the bama board a student posted saying he seen Shon, his mom, and 2 other girls walking through the campus. He walked by and said Roll Tide Shon and he smiled really big and his mom started laughing. Apparently they think he is having a GREAT time. Then they go on to say they hope we lose him since we're going to lose Trovon and they can't wait for the mass barn suicide. If I could beat a midget with a baseball bat and get away with it I will be in t'loser in 2 hours....

lol, I'll drive, let's rock.  :beatmullet:

lol, I'll drive, let's rock.  :beatmullet:

That looks about like satan too...a panzy girl. I don't think I have ever despised anyone as I do satan and his lil demons. They are such turds! (nice word)

I know Jonesy is on top of it like I said earlier in this thread, and is a great poster. He knows what he's talking about...However, like I've said many times, I think Shon is just enjoying the courtship and the recruiting process and on signing day he'll ink with AU. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

lol, I'll drive, let's rock.  :beat mullet:

That looks about like satan too...a pansy girl. I don't think I have ever despised anyone as I do satan and his lil demons. They are such turds! (nice word)

Trust me T4au I understand, my 10 year old nephew is taller and has more integrity. Hate the turds with a passion,he'll get his all to soon. We'll be coming for a visit in late fall. Maybe they'll cut the turf so he'll be able to see the game.

Archived